Seriously 3.0 Versus Roadmap

StalkerB

Getting the Beast, Horde and Campaign Onyx medals is pretty straightforward, but working on the Versus ones could result in a lot of wasted time (for those that are serious about boosting).

What are your thoughts on this as a road map to completing them?

Am I wrong in my thinking for any of them or is there a faster way overall?

Matches can be autoplayed by starting a game and then just leaving the controller. Make sure your xbox is not set to switch off, if you have a battery controller unplug the batteries during the first match countdown (the one where you choose the starting map).

Most boosting matches can be played with a second controller to even out the inactive members on each team.

To (very slightly) help achieve last man out and speed up bot kills you can 'lock' player 2's controller to go forward and your controller to go backwards by lifting the stick slightly and jamming it in a direction.

To use the autofire boost you may need to place something heavy on or tape down the 'A' button.

CTL

1.1) 2 rounds, fill, casual, 10 seconds, 2nd controller (same team to force you as leader) - 2,500 games (5,000 rounds)

Skunker - 2,500

Untouchable- 1,500

Captor - 1,000

Abductor - 500 (x5)

Leader - 250 (x10)

1.2) Boost Guardian

1.3) Auto play remaining matches - 1 round, 10 seconds, 1 bot, insane, 2nd controller to even teams.

KOTH (assuming an average of 20 kills a match)

2.1) 1v1, 2nd controller, Torque Bows

Explosives - 6,000

Headshots - 6,000

Special Teams - 6,000

Set Torque Bows as the only pick up then run around shooting the idle controller in the head.

2.2) 240, 15 rounds, fill, casual - 150 games (2250 rounds)

Pyro (scorcher) - 3,000 (10 games)

Heavy Weapons (mulcher) - 6,000 (20 games)

Sawed Off - 6,000 (20)

Gnasher - 6,000 (20)

Retro - 6,000 (20)

Hamerburst - 6,000 (20)

Lancer - 6,000 (20)

Pistol - 2,000 (10) (+1,000 Captor CTL and +3,000 executions WM).

Bots will usually be running around going for the hill, just kill them with your weapon of choice. To make things slightly easier set the only pick ups to be whatever you want ammo for.

2.3) Auto play remaining matches - 1 round, 60 seconds, 1 bot, insane, 2nd controller to even teams.

WM

2 bots, 2nd ctrl, casual, 10 points - 600 games (3,000 rounds)

First Blood - 3,000 (5 rounds per game)

Old School - 3,000

Finisher - 6,000 (kill 3,000 with a stomp finish and 3,000 with the pistol)

3.1) Autoplay remaining matches, 10 points, fill, insane

TDM

Autoplay, 10 lives, fill, insane - 3,000 games/rounds

Cover - 600 (x5)

Last Man Out - 1,000*

(autofire controller, press 'A' to always be in cover)

Execution

Autoplay, 2 mins, fill, insane - 3,000 games/rounds

Cover - 600 (x5)

Last Man Out - 1,000*

Warzone

Autoplay, 2 mins, fill, insane - 3,000 games/rounds

Cover - 600 (x5)

Last Man Out - 1,000*

*Untested as to how many would be earned in 3,000 matches, but can boost any remaining by playing matches and taking out own team with friendly fire on.

Spotter - 12,000

Should be using L3 all the time anyway, but boost remaining in 1v1 KOTH.

Use autofire controller to always have L3 being pressed when playing normally.

Boost by aiming at opponent and just pressing L3, autofire again best as you can just aim and then walk away from the controller.

Active Reloader - 25,000

Should be getting a lot of active reloads anyway, boost remaining in 1v1 KOTH with snub pistol. Fire a shot and reload: repeat.

Medic - 1,200

Boost in CTL with shotguns.

2 controllers, 1 bot, friendly fire on. Continuously down and revive the bot leader. Set all weapons to gnashers.

Sapper - 1,000

Boost in KOTH

Get a second player or a second controller and set all weapon pick ups to grenades.

Get the other person/controller to start planting grenades and then you shoot them.

Veteran - 4,000

MVP - 500

Match Winner - 3,000

Battle Mistress - 1,000 (play as Myrrah, Sam or Anya)

Will get several times over anyway

Allfathers

Master at Arms

Rifleman

Field Service

Will all come as a result of the rest

Vengeful

If remains the same boost in KOTH, if changes wait and see requirements.

Edited by StalkerB
Updated

Might want to elaborate on some. Like for medic you could say "Turn on friendly fire then down/revive the leader until onyx." instead of Boost in CTL with shotguns

I agree with elaboration. If this is intended as a roadmap, it needs to be fully explained and easy to follow. For instance, what do you mean by "autoplay,Ctrl" so on so forth. Kudos for the effort! :)

Seems like a good place to ask this...

When boosting in private matches... You have to have it filled with bots in order to obtain ribbons, but you can still work toward the medals with say just youself and an idle controller on the other team?

Seems like a good place to ask this...

When boosting in private matches... You have to have it filled with bots in order to obtain ribbons, but you can still work toward the medals with say just youself and an idle controller on the other team?

Anything that requires ribbons needs to be full (so to get Buttoned Up ribbons for Cover), but if it's just a number (6,000 kills, 3,000 games etc) it can be you vs an idle controller.

That said I was getting Medic ribbons with me + bot vs idle controller when going for Medic. I've tried to replicate with other game types or ribbons and it's not worked though.

I think the biggest improvement your method could use would be to get all of the weapon kills in the modes that are slowest to autoboost (TDM and wingman) because otherwise you're wasting a lot of time leaving those modes to autoboost. And there's no reason to ever have more than 1 round per game aside from the 2500 in which you're going for skunker which, if I'm not mistaken, can actually be gotten in wingman.

When I finish in about 3-4 weeks I'll do a comprehensive guide myself for how to get all of the Onyx medals in the game as efficiently as possible if you're trying to get them all.

Edited by Steve007101

I think the biggest improvement your method could use would be to get all of the weapon kills in the modes that are slowest to autoboost (TDM and wingman) because otherwise you're wasting a lot of time leaving those modes to autoboost. And there's no reason to ever have more than 1 round per game aside from the 2500 in which you're going for skunker which, if I'm not mistaken, can actually be gotten in wingman.

When I finish in about 3-4 weeks I'll do a comprehensive guide myself for how to get all of the Onyx medals in the game as efficiently as possible if you're trying to get them all.

There is already an onyx medal guide stickied.

Anything that requires ribbons needs to be full (so to get Buttoned Up ribbons for Cover), but if it's just a number (6,000 kills, 3,000 games etc) it can be you vs an idle controller.

That said I was getting Medic ribbons with me + bot vs idle controller when going for Medic. I've tried to replicate with other game types or ribbons and it's not worked though.

Thanks..have been wondering that for awhile now.

Well, you can only kill somebody by executing them in Wingman, so I guess you could do 3,000 stomps and 3,000 kills with a weapon (pistol). I'll change that.

My issue here is to get the most kills in the shortest amount of time, it doesn't matter to me how long my xbox has to run itself for, just as long as I don't have to sit and grind out games.

The 15 rounds on KOTH is so it doesn't change map and take up the extra 2 minutes per match. I'm pretty sure the time you'll save would mostly be eaten up by that.

Skunker which, if I'm not mistaken, can actually be gotten in wingman.

Is playing 2 rounds of wingman faster than 2 rounds of CTL? Can it be got without bots = fill?

Edited by StalkerB

Well, you can only kill somebody by executing them in Wingman, so I guess you could do 3,000 stomps and 3,000 kills with a weapon (pistol). I'll change that.

My issue here is to get the most kills in the shortest amount of time, it doesn't matter to me how long my xbox has to run itself for, just as long as I don't have to sit and grind out games.

The 15 rounds on KOTH is so it doesn't change map and take up the extra 2 minutes per match. I'm pretty sure the time you'll save would mostly be eaten up by that.

Yeah, I hear ya, but my issue is getting everything done ASAP and if me playing makes it go faster then that's what I'm going to do so the methods I'll use will look different.

But if that's your philosophy, getting kills as fast as possible and not caring about how long it takes to autoboost when you're not there, then you might as well do all kill medals in KOTH anyway, otherwise you could technically do curb stomp, execution, headshot, pistol, lancer, and retro lancer in Wingman.

TDM is still incorrect though. There's no time limit on that game mode. Also, it doesn't require executions, so killing on that game mode would be just as efficient as KOTH and leave you with less time needed for idle boosting. Am I right?

That was the reason I said he might as well do the kills on that mode instead, because it means a lot less time idle boosting. But like he said, he doesn't care how long that takes, so KOTH is still the faster method .

Edited by Steve007101

Getting Skunker in Wingman is not easy. You and your teammate have to kill ALL the enemies EVERY round.

Well that's not really going to be a problem for me, I'll be using 3 boxes, but I do understand that that's not plausible for most people. Still, even if you're just playing with 1 box just use casual bots and get all the skunkers you can throughout all 3k games of wingman so you have less time wasted auto boosting.

Well that's not really going to be a problem for me, I'll be using 3 boxes, but I do understand that that's not plausible for most people. Still, even if you're just playing with 1 box just use casual bots and get all the skunkers you can throughout all 3k games of wingman so you have less time wasted auto boosting.

It is way easier to get Skunker in every other game type.

Yeah, I hear ya, but my issue is getting everything done ASAP and if me playing makes it go faster then that's what I'm going to do so the methods I'll use will look different.

But if that's your philosophy, getting kills as fast as possible and not caring about how long it takes to autoboost when you're not there, then you might as well do all kill medals in KOTH anyway, otherwise you could technically do curb stomp, execution, headshot, pistol, lancer, and retro lancer in Wingman.

That was the reason I said he might as well do the kills on that mode instead, because it means a lot less time idle boosting. But like he said, he doesn't care how long that takes, so KOTH is still the faster method .

But on the other hand my Xbox can run 24 hours, where as I can only play for maybe 2 or 3 hours a day and even then not everyday.

you could technically do curb stomp, execution, headshot, pistol, lancer, and retro lancer in Wingman

Well, technically can do it in any mode, however to clarify; are you suggesting playing Wingman full and executing with each of those weapons?

That'd be max 8 kills per game, 3,000 games, means you can get max 24,000 which would let you get 4 weapons + execution + headshot (though I find the computer crawling around annoying to get headshots every time).

But on the other hand my Xbox can run 24 hours, where as I can only play for maybe 2 or 3 hours a day and even then not everyday.
Right, I'd imagine that's how it is for most people, but I'm not most people. I probably average 8 hours during a typical week and thankfully I have my break this next week. I'm probably still going to finish everything that needs to be done manually before all my remaining matches have finished autoboosting even with me doing all the medals I need to do manually in the matches that take the longest to autoboost.

Well, technically can do it in any mode, however to clarify; are you suggesting playing Wingman full and executing with each of those weapons?

That'd be max 8 kills per game, 3,000 games, means you can get max 24,000 which would let you get 4 weapons + execution + headshot (though I find the computer crawling around annoying to get headshots every time).

I meant that since you're talking about doing any of the kill medals in wingman those are all options. It just all depends on where you want to draw the line, if you're not concerned with how long you autoboost at all then there's no point even playing any other modes aside from KOTH for kills and CTL for all the other medals that require you to play. Edited by Steve007101

This is very well written and well thought out. Great work!

I just want to point out that it's more than likely you will have Shock Trooper (First Blood) done in the first step or at the latest during KOTH. Skunker is 2 round * 2500 assuming you never lose a single round. With casual bots, you almost always get the first kill. So even if you succeed only half of the time, it's already 2500 first blood ribbons. This goes same for KOTH matches where we are playing at least 2000 rounds. It'd be hard not to have that medal by the time we are beginning wingman when following this roadmap.

Also, picking up the other team's leader with X in CTL counts as an execution, so if we are going for abductor x5, we have already done 2500 finishers meaning only 3000 curb stomps + 500 of any execution. But why not mix this with lancer or retro lancer kills in KOTH step? Lancer's chainsaw and retro lancer's rush kill counts as executions so we can get many finishers finished there as well. I also think curb stomp kills would be faster in KOTH 15 rounds than on Wingman since, like you said above, changing maps take long time. :)

TDM is still incorrect though. There's no time limit on that game mode. Also, it doesn't require executions, so killing on that game mode would be just as efficient as KOTH and leave you with less time needed for idle boosting. Am I right?

Fixed that so it says 10 extra lives. TDM would have a cap of 15 kills per round max. KOTH doesn't have that limit. You should get more playtime/deaths in KOTH.

This is very well written and well thought out. Great work!

I just want to point out that it's more than likely you will have Shock Trooper (First Blood) done in the first step or at the latest during KOTH. Skunker is 2 round * 2500 assuming you never lose a single round. With casual bots, you almost always get the first kill. So even if you succeed only half of the time, it's already 2500 first blood ribbons. This goes same for KOTH matches where we are playing at least 2000 rounds. It'd be hard not to have that medal by the time we are beginning wingman when following this roadmap.

Also, picking up the other team's leader with X in CTL counts as an execution, so if we are going for abductor x5, we have already done 2500 finishers meaning only 3000 curb stomps + 500 of any execution. But why not mix this with lancer or retro lancer kills in KOTH step? Lancer's chainsaw and retro lancer's rush kill counts as executions so we can get many finishers finished there as well. I also think curb stomp kills would be faster in KOTH 15 rounds than on Wingman since, like you said above, changing maps take long time. :)

You're very probably right. I'll suggest that people get more execution kills with weapons.

I'm taking people's advice on board, will see if I can streamline the process.