What's a good anime?

Afro Ninja

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen Death Note? Fullmetal Alchemist?

Those are quite good. In my opinion.

Then there's; InuYasha, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and all the "known for the world" series.

But in the end it really depends on what type of genre you like. So you could say a genre, then people can give you some ideas.

If i were you i would probably watch Death Note first, just because it's so god damn good but also short (37 episodes).

Anything i was going to mention already has been mentioned:

One Piece

Bleach

Naruto/Naruto: Shippuden

InuYasha

Samurai Champloo

Ghost in the Shell

Elfen Lied

Full Metal Alchemist/FMA: Brotherhood

Blue Exorcist

Soul Eater

Gurren Lagann

Afro Samurai

Fairy Tail (haven't started it myself so i'm not too sure)

Theres more i could name but i can't remember them right now.

Also if you didn't like anime then, how would you like it now? the only time i didn't like an anime right off the bat was bleach. But after a couple episodes i liked it.

Edited by EliteShadowMan

One of the only animes I've ever completely watched: Eureka Seven. I believe there is around 50 episodes? And the last 10 weren't even in English or had subtitles. Yeah, that's how much I liked it. I even spent $60 on the main LFO in the anime, which at the time I thought was $30, but didn't realize the auction was in pounds (quid). >_>

I would definitely recommend Slam Dunk and Hajime no Ippo. Doesn't really matter if you're not a fan of basketball or boxing, respectively.

Aye, both great series to get into. I'm in a bit of a dilema with the these two, though, in regards to their anime/manga counterparts so to speak.

I read the Slam Dunk manga, which I find very entertaining, but I don't like the look of the anime one bit, which is why I never got into it. The animation style looks...it just don't look right, probably more to do with its age. I don't know... :/

Hajime no Ippo is a classic. I recommended the anime to a few on here and they loved it. But I have issues with the manga. I got up to around chapter 160 (Ippo's fight with Vorg) and just stopped there because the 900+ chapters to catch up to is daunting. It's a great manga though.

I do skim through the most recent chapters though. Seeing Takamura come out as a panda and attacking the crowd had me fucking rolling. :D

Edited by Takamura Bear

Hmm... Well I guess a few of my favorites would be...

-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. (Endless Eight! x_x)

-Lucky Star.

-Azumanga Daioh.

-Pani Poni Dash. (Good luck figuring out that plot xD)

-Soul Eater.

-Death Note.

-Seikon No Qwaser.

-K-ON.

-Hell Girl.

-Girls Bravo.

-Elfen Lied.

-Clannad.

-Kannazuki No Miko.

-Strawberry Panic.

Naruto/Naruto Shippuden

Bleach

Samurai Champloo

Ghost in the Shell

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Soul Eater (Recommend the Dubbed because the japanese voices just don't do it for me like the English do for his anime)

Hellsing Ultimate

Kekkaishi

Nichijou

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Rurouni Kenshin (again I recommend the dubbed but because the main character just sounds like a girl to me haha)

Girly Anime's:

A channel

Oreimo

Shinryaku! Ika Musume

Edited by iTz RaiiN

okay, i was just looking up High school of the dead on youtube and found this. Is this really what its like? If so it may interest you

That is pretty much what the anime is like. I just watched the whole thing last month, and it was ok. Not as great as the other anime's listed here. But if your looking for something over the top/ridiculous then H.O.T.D is probably for you (especially if you like pantie shots every scene).

That is pretty much what the anime is like. I just watched the whole thing last month, and it was ok. Not as great as the other anime's listed here. But if your looking for something over the top/ridiculous then H.O.T.D is probably for you (especially if you like pantie shots every scene).

Though if your sticking with it for the story, don't watch the OVA...

Also if you haven't watched much anime, start with death note. It's as good if not better a story than the big ones with 100+ eps, and is over fairly quickly.

Well I saw two of my favorites listed I have used Netflix streaming just so I could watch all of these great animes I don't get.

My list of favorites so far are:

Ranma 1/2

Darker than Black

Tokko

Kaze no Stigma (actually still watching this one but it's great I think)

Death Note (I own them all but really only like ep. 1-25) F.U. NEAR

High School of the Dead ( I just like it cause it's stupid and I can leave the room and not miss much)

One I would suggest avoiding was called Blassreiter or something like that it's 24 episodes long and I was confused on what the hell was going on til like episode 18.

Of all the series recommended I can't believe the classics were never mentioned.

Neon genesis evangelion

Cowboy bebop

Trigun

Ranma 1/2

And Star driver? Never even heard of it.

That's what i'm talking bout:woop:!! You can't forget the classics.

To OP: If you're a heavy metal fan you might like these series:

Death Note

Black Lagoon

Hellsing

Darker Than Black

But really though it's hard to give a good recommendation without having your tastes in anime:p Let me know what you're looking for and I can also for sure find one you'd like.

That's what i'm talking bout:woop:!! You can't forget the classics.

To OP: If you're a heavy metal fan you might like these series:

Death Note

Black Lagoon

Hellsing

Darker Than Black

But really though it's hard to give a good recommendation without having your tastes in anime:p Let me know what you're looking for and I can also for sure find one you'd like.

Oh god ya black lagoon.

And for the metal head I recommend Detroit metal city! DMC!

Though I don't know if the OP'er ever looked here again.

Oh god ya black lagoon.

And for the metal head I recommend Detroit metal city! DMC!

Though I don't know if the OP'er ever looked here again.

Oh yeah DMC, that's the other one I couldn't remember:p

And..you make a good point, I wonder if he ever did come back:confused:.

Oh well I just like the concept of talking about anime:woop: