Vengeful will be revised!

Rixiden

In case you didn't watch Rod's live stream, one thing he did go over in particular was the Vengeful medal. They said that they have heard the public and understand that it is too hard and they plan on tuning it down. As to what they will do, that remains to be seen. However, he did say that if you have already met or exceeded the requirements for what they have planned that you will get the medal immediately. I'm excited! I'm not going to boost vengeful anymore until I hear more about its revision because i dont know how much easier it will be. I think it's awesome that they listen to the public.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you didn't watch Rod's live stream, one thing he did go over in particular was the Vengeful medal. They said that they have heard the public and understand that it is too hard and they plan on tuning it down. As to what they will do, that remains to be seen. However, he did say that if you have already met or exceeded the requirements for what they have planned that you will get the medal immediately. I'm excited! I'm not going to boost vengeful anymore until I hear more about its revision because i dont know how much easier it will be. I think it's awesome that they listen to the public.

Agreed, this is good news. I still don't even have one of these.

Something inside tells me this is good news, but something else says otherwise.

My mind is conflicting. :confused:

LOL why do you say that? I have had only one nemesis so far in public multiplayer, and he was so good that I couldn't kill him. Not that I am great by any means...I just don't get many of those playing Team Deathmatch and Warzone.

The logical change would be to lower the nemesis requirement from 5 to 3 kills and make it just to kill your nemesis, not having to execute him/her.

I think I'd rather see them change the whole thing to "Become someones nemesis xx times." though.

Calm down children...

In my honest opinion, they need to do some slight tuning on a lot of medals. 6,000 kills with the shotguns? very possible. 6,000 kills with rifles? also possible. But who in their right mind is going to play GOW3 for 5 years straight so they can get 6,000 with EVERY WEAPON?

I am not going to whine about it, because I am not going for this achievement, but I think these medals could have been more balanced to make it possible without weeks are boring grinding after you have had all the fun in multiplayer.

Of course Gears fanfukers are gonna be all happy how the game is, those of us that collect achievements, we still wanna play the AAA game, but we'd like realistic achievement goals, Gears 3 is great, but its not "sit there for 5 years humping it daily" great! Some of these medals are stupid.

They should have kept Seriously at level 100, and made the medals and ribbons optional little treats.

Calm down children...

In my honest opinion, they need to do some slight tuning on a lot of medals. 6,000 kills with the shotguns? very possible. 6,000 kills with rifles? also possible. But who in their right mind is going to play GOW3 for 5 years straight so they can get 6,000 with EVERY WEAPON?

I think you have misinterpreted some of the medals. The only medals which require you to gain 6,000 kills with a specific weapons are for the starting rifles and shotguns. There are other medals which require 6,000 kills but they are for more general categories (Pistols, Map weapons, Explosives, and Heavy Weapons). Now, if they had 6,000 Longshot kills, 6,000 Torque Bow kills, 6,000 Hammer of Dawn kills....THEN I can see the problem.

Honestly, though, I think the weapon kills shouldn't be strictly related to Versus. I play a lot more Horde than anything else. The weapon medals would seem much more feasible to get if my Horde kills counted towards them.

As for the Nemesis medal, I am glad they are toning it down. I thought the medal was pretty bizarre as it required you to play poorly in order to unlock it. While my K/D stat doesn't matter much to me, I was going to boost for it last as it seemed to be the most involved, time-consuming medal for Versus.

Calm down children...

I am not going to whine about it, because I am not going for this achievement, but I think these medals could have been more balanced to make it possible without weeks are boring grinding after you have had all the fun in multiplayer.

I think with each DLC pack (or maybe just one) they're going to add a lot more Medals that will be easier to get that will count towards Seriously 3.0.

Potentially encouraging people to play badly so they can get a nemesis during online play was such a terrible idea I'm surprised they went with it in the first place.

There have been some good suggestions for this cheevo on these forums and I hope epic have something like that in mind, rather than just lower the number of executed nemesis' required.

Good news they're willing to look at it.

My preferred route of revising Seriously 3.0 would be to up the amount of XP it takes to get to level 100, whilst reducing some of the ridiculous totals needed to onyx some of the medals.

Given that it's much easier to earn XP this time around with medals and ribbons, I'd say that was a fair compromise.

Regarding Vengeful - I was playing split screen with the Mrs on KotH bot matches last night and we got a few of these.

One thing I think people don't realise is that you can be killed 3 time by someone, they can be killed by someone else, they can then kill you another 2 times and they still become your nemesis. Once they are your nemesis they can be killed by another player, but when they respawn you can still kill them and get vengeful.

Also I think the killstreak ribbons carry across seperate rounds so I'm sure reckon this one does too. And I'm sure I got one for a normal kill - not an execution.

I cannot confirm this all for definite as I am away from my console just now.

Considering how much you are still going to need to boost for seriously 3.0, boosting Vengefuls as they are probably isn't so bad really. It will prob come naturally eventually if you play a lot of the longer game types with respawns.

In any case its probably worth taking it down to 3 kills to become a nemesis and make vengeful a kill by any method - not specifically by execution. That would probably make it much easier for people to attain naturally.