First DLC Announced

SirMuskrat

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anybody on a mobile device, or who simply want to read the info instead of clicking away.

Taking you deeper into the fight with three explosive new maps, three new playable characters, two new weapon skins, and additional achievements worth 250 Gamerscore, the Horde Command Pack also includes new fortification upgrades to help you mow down the Lambent and Locust threats in the fan-favorite Horde mode. Available for 800 Microsoft Points or for download automatically to consumers who have purchased the “Gears of War 3” Season Pass, which entitles you to the game’s first four game add-ons at a 33 percent discount, the Horde Command Pack includes:

Three spectacular new maps:

• Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.

• Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.

• Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.

New fortification upgrades:

• Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
  • Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
  • Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
  • Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.

New characters:

• Onyx Guard
  • Big Rig Dizzy
  • Bernie

New weapon skins:

• Team Plasma
  • Jungle Camo

Also playable in Beast mode and privately hosted Versus matches, the Horde Command Pack promises to extend your “Gears of War 3” experience with countless hours of multiplayer mayhem on Xbox LIVE.

Will be available November 1st.

Microsoft's policy states, no more than 250G's per calendar quarter.

Gamerscore is serious business.

Yep, that's why some releases more DLC in a quarter. It's smart business on their side, but another thing for consumers.

I think the achievements will be related to Horde mode, but that might be a far fetch? ;)

Edited by Vindicator51

Blood Drive? Really? I don't hate the map, but Blood Drive wouldn't have been my first choice of Gears 2 maps to bring over. Anyway, I'm curious as to how this will work with the season pass. Will the Season Pass download be updated on the DLC's release day to include the new content and we just redownload it or will it work in some other way?

Yay content that should have already been in the game because its already on the disc! Sweet! Plus you can't play the new maps in public verus....what a deal...lol

I agree that i would like to play these maps in public multiplayer but i understand why they are doing that for in countless games i have been kicked out of playing because i do not have the needed maps....i do hope we can play these public at some point though