Post Your War Journal

JeppeBoy

These stats are utterly worthless if they count horde and private matches.

See this is what I find interesting, comments like these. Not that you're wrong, you're kind of right too. But it all comes down to the philosophy and approach to gaming.

I play games to enjoy lore, occasionally challenge myself, enjoy great teamwork, and of course have fun. Co-op is my bag.

Others play games for fun and maybe similar reasons, but primarily to pwn noobs. Leaderboards and stats are not for anything other than an assessment for how 1337 they are.

I like stats just to see how I play, like a record of my efforts and general trends in my gaming. For it to track/include everything is kinda neat to me since I have little interest in competitive gaming.

Why do they have the stats? I'm not sure, but if you see them as a document to flaunt your 1337ness, then these are upsetting. If you seem them as a record of your gaming as a whole, then they're really cool.

Maybe they should have both everything stats and then also show them within the different realms (single player, co-op/private, and matchmaking versus). But I'd argue you should stop worrying about how badass you are and just be happy you can look at all the neat numbers. Afterall, this cool stuff.

These stats are worthless because they don't really show anything. Now if they had an overall kill death across all game modes and then separated them I could see the benefit if this. I'd kinda be interested to see how many campaign kills I've got, beast mode kills etc but to lump everything together and nothing else seems redundant to me.

Now the in game stat tracking on the other hand is brilliant and tells you every possible detail you could want to know.

These stats are worthless because they don't really show anything. Now if they had an overall kill death across all game modes and then separated them I could see the benefit if this. I'd kinda be interested to see how many campaign kills I've got, beast mode kills etc but to lump everything together and nothing else seems redundant to me.

Now the in game stat tracking on the other hand is brilliant and tells you every possible detail you could want to know.

Very true, the in game stats are excellent. But they don't mix everything together, something this war journal does. It's something different and I appreciate that.

I also could see maybe the frustation from someone who posted about the "shitty rifle" or whatever. Obviously if you hardly use said weapon, it seems like a misrepresentation of who you are and how you play if you play mainly VS or whatever. But as long as people know that it is a mix of ALL gametypes, they know that certain weapons will manage more kills than versus (where the death tolls are much lower).

I dunno, I think most people are just on the cynical and quick to judge fast-track now a days. Too optimistic? I'll probably be too busy actually playing the game to check this war journal much at all, let alone other people's war journals lol. So whatever.