Very Easy Way to Earn Big Explosion Mutator

Puppys

I found a new way to earn easy "Hail Mary" Ribbons, especially useful for you guys who want the "Big Explosion" mutator. here is how it goes:

1. Load up Act V chapter II "Blackout" on casual in arcade. You MUST have at least two players (guest is fine). It REALLY helps to have on the Super Reload mutator as well.

2. Grab the Silverback BEFORE going up the elevator in the very beginning. It is located in the garage with a button cleverly hidden. take it up the elevator.

3. When the elevator gets stuck, take your sliverback down the "3" hallway, towards the end there is a breakable door with a boomshot (and cog tag if you collected it). Grab the boomshot and ditch the silverback.

4. Progress onward, saving your boomshot ammo and killing enemies until you get outside. kill the two reavers and turn the corner. After you see the MAELSTROM tower, Jace will say something about it and you'll get a checkpoint. This is where you do it.

5. Back up a tad bit and wait a little while, and when the flying dudes kinda bunch up, FIRE! if you are lucky, you can get up to 9 hail mary ribbons in one shot. Fire away until you are out of ammo (DO NOT kill the Armored Kantus or you will overwrite a checkpoint!). Once you have gotten 10-12 ribbons, reload checkpoint and repeat! 20 minutes and the mutator is all yours !

Here is a video guide for those who need help. Special thanks to bendermac for making one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjecFOqEoJ4&feature=player_embedded]Gears of War 3: Easy Big Explosions Mutator Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Puppys

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want an easier way? Go to that chapter where you're riding the gas barge and have to shoot down the other gas barges. I can't remember whih chapter it is, but the turrets count as boomshots. I got a couple of Hail Mary ribbons taking down barges in that chapter as long as they were far enough away.

Want an easier way? Go to that chapter where you're riding the gas barge and have to shoot down the other gas barges. I can't remember whih chapter it is, but the turrets count as boomshots. I got a couple of Hail Mary ribbons taking down barges in that chapter as long as they were far enough away.

Um....Exactly how is getting a couple (and very tricky couple at that) and THEN....restarting a chapter, easier than getting 10-11 and restarting a checkpoint at the exact spot?? Is this opposite day?

Glad to be of help! haha.

The only comment I have is about the gas barges, it would be a great idea to try and snag some of the hail marys while boosting for the "Number 1" achievement, but it is far more insufficient and almost never works. I was probably averaging two per session while trying tho, so if you want to do that, go for it.

I don't think this will be patched, its more of a cleaver exploit. but to be safe, my friend and I got this out of the way fast.

Act V chapter 2, the silverback is in a room right where you start, there is a switch on the wall to open the room. Then get in the lift with it.
I didnt know that. I got the mutation however. Just started on Chapter 1 of Act 5. Didnt take long to get to that point. Very easy method. Got it in 10 minutes.

I would like to add that I'm on Act 2 Chapter 7 with the barges with two players logged in and I am not getting any Hail Mary medals.

This method does not work.

i played a few rounds of sandbar started out public, bu when i figured this spot out, i carried on to private, bots filled, casua difficulty.

head up to the the boom shot spawn, in the middle, top of the map, then out onto the raised area where you can see all around, then its just a matter of shooting the guys below when they're in cover, got about 10 hail marys in a single round, soon had my 100

hope this helps too