Custom Ringtones On Your WP7!

Banes

Let us know if you learn how to do custom alerts. Having the achievement pop for text would be super sweet.

I used to have Louis from Left 4 Dead screaming "PILLS HERE!" I hope someone figures out how to do custom sounds cause its the only thing i miss about my old phone.

Getting the custom tones for my Trophy is easier then i used to have to do it though and thanks for the walkthrough.

I bought a WP7 phone soon after they came out last year. I knew the OS would not be like the previous WM phones and would be locked down. However, what I didn't expect were the lack of custom ringtones and alerts, the lack of a tethering feature, and the inability to save new contacts to my sim instead of the phone. I put the phone away, and went and bought an Android phone as I patiently waited to see if Microsoft would address at least some of these issues.

I was happy to see the proposed changes for Mango, and had decided I would update my HTC HD7, and possibly go buy the new HTC Titan when it was available. Imagine my surprise when I get the update and discovered the following:

1. Installing a custom ringtone, although not rocket science, is much harder than it should be. STRIKE ONE!

2. There is no option for custom alerts/notifications. STRIKE TWO!

3. The tethering function is not currently available on my HTC HD7. STRIKE THREE.

4. If they ever do enable tethering for the WP7, it is still only wireless. STRIKE FOUR.

That makes 4 strikes for Microsoft. Three strikes and your OUT.

Message to Microsoft:

If I wanted a phone locked down as tight as an Iphone, I would have bought an Iphone!

I am going to buy a Samsung Galaxy S2. I am an Android convert now!

I had an HD7 and did a wired tether in the past:

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/get-usb-tethering-on-htc-hd7/

The link you posted isn't working for me, but I am assuming you did it using a hack? I shouldn't have to "hack" my phone to get what I consider a basic function that any smartphone should have. Especially considering that prior to WP7, Windows Mobile had it present.

I found ways to get custom ringtones BEFORE Mango came out. But once again, why should a basic function require that much fiddling around with your phone?

The link you posted isn't working for me, but I am assuming you did it using a hack? I shouldn't have to "hack" my phone to get what I consider a basic function that any smartphone should have. Especially considering that prior to WP7, Windows Mobile had it present.

I found ways to get custom ringtones BEFORE Mango came out. But once again, why should a basic function require that much fiddling around with your phone?

You may consider it a basic function, but I couldn't care less about wired tethering. If I absolutely must tether something, wireless is fine with me. I'd much rather they work on something important, like not having my WP7 lock up if I try to view a message that's already been deleted on LIVE.