Act 4 Chapter 6 Glitch (4 player co-op)

Easter Bunny 00

I started to play with some friends the other day on hardcore, and while we were on 4-6, we were messing around and i killed myself a lot. I mean, A LOT. Later on, in the level, after i stopped killing myself, we all die, and have to reload the checkpoint.

I was perm-dead. I just wouldnt spawn. I was Jace, i think thats player 4. Everyone else was still playing, and i wouldnt spawn for the rest of the game. Eventually, i quit out and joined back in, but i ended up taking Anya's spot, and somebody else was perm-dead. I thought this was because i killed myself, or was dead when a checkpoint saved, but it wasnt, because it happened again.

This time i hosted a 4 player game on insane. In the beginning, i told everyone not to kill themselves because of what happened to me, and to avoid dying (derp). A little bit into the level, when we activate the crane, we all died. Player 4 was perm-dead from then on out. I know for a fact, that this guy did not commit suicide, or die at ALL before that point. Im not completely sure if he was player 4 or not, because this time it was Anya who was perm dead.

Every time he quit out and rejoin, he would take someone elses spot, and the other person would be perm-dead, and the perm-dead player was alternating from Anya, to Jace, and back and forth, didnt switch to anyone else.

We ended up beating the level, but trust me, its a bitch. I just want to know if anyone else had this happen, and to warn people about this. The level is easy on Insane, but at the end... those Armored Kantus'es (Or is it Kanti?) and those damn serepedes. That parts a bitch with only 3 people.

We were playing on Arcade too, forgot to mention that. Respawns! :woop:

What ends up happening in the glitch, you dont spawn. You can only view the host, and whenever somebody makes it to a new checkpoint, your screen is completely white, until the checkpoint is reloaded. Its messed up.

I had this happen when I joined an arcade campaign game. I got the prompt to press RT to take control but nothing happened, it just showed me as dead. The other two players failed the chapter two more times and when it restarted I was dead right from the get go both times.

Needless to say after that I found a new game that did work.

Edit. Forgot to mention that this happened to me on the chapter where you choose to provide cover fire from the fort or ride out on the truck. I don't remember what the chapter name is.

Edited by WhiteDad
forgot something!

The armored Kantus are easy, just elect one "Suicide grenade runner" which was me in my 4 player playthrough

Serapedes are a bitch though, yes

And I've never had that happen to me lol

Yeah, when I played, I was just rushing out while my two friends drew the kantus' fire, while I wrapped around to tag em. Its all easy until the serepedes, and if this happens to anybody on this part, best tip - Tag Kantuses, and just avoid the Serepedes til the end. The more hes hurt, the faster he goes. The more you worry about him, the easier it is for the Kantuses to kill you.