Ribbon help

Quid Squid

Ive decided to try and get 100% of the ribbons even though there is no achievement for it, the ribbon titled "the Super" is giving me all sorts of problems. Anyone have any tips on getting it?

The only clear video I found on YouTube looks like he gnashered the guy while rolling away, but no info was given. description in-game says "headshot an evading opponent."

Found some good 2 person ways for certain ribbons too. If there's anyone having problems with some post in here and i can describe how if it's one I have (currently at 71%). 50 waves of horde in a single session is gonna be a bitch.

Here are some random ribbons that might help people:

Trick Shot: Score a headshot with one Torque Bow shot that earns a double kill - have 2 people on the opposite team on Thrashball. Have one person stand behind the other on the steps. Torque Bow the person in front in the head and it will go through their head into the person behind them and explode.

Hail Mary: Score a Boomshot kill from over 200 feet - on Gridlock have one person stand at the back of the spawn and you stand just around the curve where you can still see them. Aim and shoot. Use the other person to tell you how far you are off and if you are off to the left or right.

Special Delivery: Kill an opponent with a bag and tag - pick up incendiary or explosive grenades. Take a meat shield and press up on the d-pad when near an enemy.

No Smoking: Kill an opponent with a smoke grenade - down someone twice, let them get up the second time and tag them with the smoke bomb.

Never Surrender: Go on to win a match after being the losing team - Lose a round then win the next 2 (if that doesnt work then losing 2 and winning 3 will work)

Unlucky Bastard: Be the only player on your team to die in a round - player 1 kills their teammates (you will get negative points) then kills player 2. let player 2's team kill player 1 ending the round.

So Close: Kill an opponent while recovering from being down but not out - have a friend down you. Then when you are getting up and the "tap A" icon disappears have him shoot you with a shotgun.

Sacrifice: Break the ring alone while down but not out - pain in the ass. player 1 captures the ring then downs player 2. player 2 crawls into the ring. the hard part is keeping the bots/other players from killing you or running into the ring.

Monkey-Dog: Have multiple enemies you stunned as a Wretch killed - one person plays a wretch and the other a boomer. work together.

Pig Sticker Retrocharge four formers in the same charge - load up Act 3 Chapter 6 (Brothers to the end) on arcade (with second controller or co-op partner). When you start off pick up the retro lancer on the wall and retro charge into the oncoming formers. There are plenty of places on this chapter to obtain this (at the beginning, when the church doors burst open, in the finale) could possibly work on the next Act when they come from the elevators.

Edited by Quid Squid

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ribbon;

"No Smoking"

- Killed an opponent with a smoke grenade

any ideas? so far i tried

- tagging them while held as a meashield

- tagging them when DBNO

- throwing it directly at them while they're DBNO

- making them DBNO, letting them get revived, DBNOing them again then tagging

- same as above but throwing it at them instead of tagging

- Exectution (Y) both held and tapped with smoke Grenade Equipped

and nothing....

The Ribbon;

"No Smoking"

- Killed an opponent with a smoke grenade

any ideas? so far i tried

- tagging them while held as a meashield

- tagging them when DBNO

- throwing it directly at them while they're DBNO

- making them DBNO, letting them get revived, DBNOing them again then tagging

- same as above but throwing it at them instead of tagging

- Exectution (Y) both held and tapped with smoke Grenade Equipped

and nothing....

Down someone twice then tag them with a smoke grenade when they get back up the second time

I have 15 supers mainly with the sniper and gnasher. Its easier with the Gnasher when your fighting someone who wallbounces and jumps a lot. Its all about chance so just keep at it.

If your really having trouble I guess in a private match have a friend stand a couple feet in front of you with his back turned to you then have him jump backwards and then you shoot your gnasher. Keep at it and you should get it.

Anyone get pig sticker yet? I've retrocharged 4 formers in campaign but nothing yet

I've gotten the ribbon with some help. I had a friend join my party, I set up a private deathmatch with the 2 of us and filled the rest with casual bots. (set respawns to the max) Used the overlook map and met on the top of the highest stairs. Then he "retro'd" me from the top of the stairs while i was at bottom enough times in a row to get his, then I "retro'd" him to get mine. Just stop to kill any bots that might approach.

Can Haily Mary only be obtained in online Vs? Cause i'm doing Priavte vs and have tried Checkout Trashball and gridlock and have killed the other person from clear across the map yet no Ribbion.

Similar scenario from above. Had 1 friend join my party as I set up a team deathmatch with max respawns with the rest filled with casual bots. We used the map Old Town and met at the boomshot. I picked it up and went to the top of the stairs of that same alley. He went to the bottom to stand against the wall (close to the flamethrower) where I could still see him. I aimed the boomshot about halfway up the wall and let it fly. He told me that I needed to go farther and I adjusted aim a little higher and got him and the ribbon.

Can Haily Mary only be obtained in online Vs? Cause i'm doing Priavte vs and have tried Checkout Trashball and gridlock and have killed the other person from clear across the map yet no Ribbion.

Bots have to be set to "fill" in private for ribbons to count. Check ut Grifter's method above this post or a method I posted in the op. Someone also mentioned a method for campaign, but I have not tried it.

Bots have to be set to "fill" in private for ribbons to count. Check ut Grifter's method above this post or a method I posted in the op. Someone also mentioned a method for campaign, but I have not tried it.

Ok that makes sense. I'll give that a shot and see.

Edit: Yeah that worked. Wish there was an easier way to get them getting 100 for the bigger explosion mutator is going to be a pain.

Edited by scrummers