Game freezes only on my gamertag

Lufc Dan

I played Gears 3 for a day then when I tried playing it in the morning it froze every time I pressed start, on the 'loading player profile' screen. I got a new disc but it freezes on the same screen. It allows me to play the game when not signed in and on other peoples gamertags.

Have you tried installing it?!

Yes I installed it after the first few times of it crashing

recover your gamertag. i had a friend with similar issues on another game and that helped him. do all your achievements and correct gamerscore show up on the dashboard?

I've just recovered but sadly I didn't get the results that your friend did :/

Hey, my friend had the same problem just the other day. He deleted all save files for gears 3 and it worked fine after that. I believe it could be a corrupt save file.

I can confirm that this worked! I had 2 files in gears of war 3 and I only deleted "Player Data" and left "Saved Campaigns" so no progress lost either! Thankyou :)

I played Gears 3 for a day then when I tried playing it in the morning it froze every time I pressed start, on the 'loading player profile' screen. I got a new disc but it freezes on the same screen. It allows me to play the game when not signed in and on other peoples gamertags.
Your not the only one who has run into this. It is happening to my profile as well. However on mine it loads ups to the main menu. But whenever I go into any mode except options and stats it freezes the whole 360.

I had tried removing my save files. Clearing the system cache. Playing it offline and none of it seems to work. It will work on other profiles on my system though. I hope Epic finds a fix for this.

Ironically the same thing use to happen to my Gears of War 2. Ended up finding a work around for it months after it happened. Hope it does not take that long for this game. Since I bought the season pass for it.

Your not the only one who has run into this. It is happening to my profile as well. However on mine it loads ups to the main menu. But whenever I go into any mode except options and stats it freezes the whole 360.

I had tried removing my save files. Clearing the system cache. Playing it offline and none of it seems to work. It will work on other profiles on my system though. I hope Epic finds a fix for this.

Ironically the same thing use to happen to my Gears of War 2. Ended up finding a work around for it months after it happened. Hope it does not take that long for this game. Since I bought the season pass for it.

What was your workaround? My gears 2 game froze anytime I tried to load my profile (heard it was common). I only had a few achievements left and it bugs that crap outta me that I can't finish them. If I recover my gamertag it resets my current achievement progress, and I don't want that to happen.

It's happening to me too. I've been posting on epic forum for days hoping for a reply. There is a workaround but it still freezes after a couple of games online and I wouldn't recommend playing other modes.

Don't sign in and start the game up. Start a TDM as player 1. When match starts sign into your account. It will take you back to Title screen. You should then be able to get into a match without freeze although it will freeze again after awhile. I managed 3 matches before it did.

This is what happens to me:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m227/N_o_M_a_D/gears3.jpg

What was your workaround? My gears 2 game froze anytime I tried to load my profile (heard it was common). I only had a few achievements left and it bugs that crap outta me that I can't finish them. If I recover my gamertag it resets my current achievement progress, and I don't want that to happen.

Here is the workaround. Credit to the epic forums for the solution. It will however erase all of your journal progress. Maybe even your online rank too.

Thankfully it did not erase my rank. Although when I did it on my 360 I did not clear the cache. Guess that is why my rank did not get erased. Hope this will help you.

1. Clear your xbox system cache on the xbox dashboard (this will delete all your updates for your games)

2. Unplug your wireless adapter/ethernet cable

3. Before you launch the game, just sign-out you profile, don't load any profile at all

4. Start the game

5. Go to Training Grounds and HIGHLIGHT the fifth training "Submission"

6. While it's loading, SIGN-IN quickly with your Xbox-live profile

7. Voila....all your stats are erased and you can play GOW2 again....