***MAJOR SPOILER*** Discussion

UndeadGamer

I personally called it during the week leading upto the games release, discussing with friends how and who I thought, if anyone, would die. As soon as I saw Dom in slow motion, on his knees and talking to Maria's grave, I was just waiting in anticipation for Dom to soon sacrifice himself so that Marcus and Co could finish what they started.

UndeadGamer, as myself and Page1992 both referenced to the grave/Angel/Cog Tag scene, I'm guessing we're not the only ones who thought at that moment 'Oh no, something bad is about to happen to Dom'. It's the same with movies and TV shows, when a scene similar to this occurs, it leaves you wondering and expecting.

To be honest, I wish I hadn't already sussed it out and could enjoy/experience the OMG moment you mentioned.

Simply having Dom's name in the title is essentially a spoiler. Any intelligent person would deduce something of great negative importance happens to him and since he's already lost everything, the only logical next step is his life.

In short, thanks for attempting to not spoiler the ending.

I was shocked if anyone was to die i thought it would be carmine

Nah Epic screwed that up by announcing the results of the Carmine live/die av shirt comp. They should have just not said anything.

Guessed Dom was going to die as soon as he was left on his own during the gun fight but at the same time thought he could have just told Marcus to shoot the explosives as he jumped off. But he wanted to die to be back with his wife and kids.

And while i love the daytime settings in Gears 3 i think this should have happened in a greyer/darker setting.

One bit put me off and that was what he said before the crash:

(something like) - "You didn't expect it to end like this did you Maria!!!". I really didn't like that as his last words.

I would of much preferred something more calm and at peace. Like a little word to Maria "I'm coming home... See you soon honey". Would of suited the mood and feel of the moment more with me and the music was lush, so again, it fits it more in my eyes!

Onto the main question; It was a shock to me. I don't really follow GoW all that mush or even talk about it, so for me it came out of nowhere. Though as soon as I saw him get blocked off and look at the tanker, I knew what was to come. Was a sad moment indeed.

Lol i knew Dom was doing to die just from the commercials, if you think about it the whole brothers till the end thing gives it away that someone was gonna die and they wouldn't kill the main char off.

R* have been doing it this gen so you never know it could have caught on. The only suprise i had was it came fairly early on in the game.

I also think the title could have been a bit more subtle! :p

I was absolutely gutted, cried my eyes out!!

I knew it was coming as it'd been fairly obvious Dom was only living for Marcus, the books etc. but it didn't make it easier! :(

Poor Dom, I missed him running through the rest of the campaign :(

And while i love the daytime settings in Gears 3 i think this should have happened in a greyer/darker setting.

+1 on that. Feels like they "learned" a little too much from Bulletstorm, colorful "paradises" isn't Gears..

And yeah I expected it, anyone who have seen Gladiator which is pretty much everyone should've expected it.

He's finally back with his wife and kids instead of miserable living just for the sake of it. It's actually good and not sad that he died. Finally he can be happy again. Would anyone really want to live after you killed your own wife even though the state she was in? Sounds like a cliché but he's in a better place ;)

I knew it was coming once he started talking to his dead wife. He put his COG Tags on the statue and I riffed "Why'd you do that? Now if you die, nobody is going to know who you were!". My teammate got a good laugh at that. And then when he gave Marcus the knife and didn't take it back, I knew it was set in stone for sure.

My reaction was one of "Meh".

I immediately thought of three plotholes for why it DIDN'T NEED to happen.

1. The other Gears could've jumped down with Dom and got in the vehicle with him to drive off.

2. Dom didn't actually have to be in the vehicle at the last moment it hit. He could've drove it to a certain distance and then bailed out and let it collide with the gas station like they do in movies. It was a pretty smooth gradient and he wouldn't have missed it at all.

3. Dom told Marcus and company to jump like six times. Marcus never listened ONCE. Now, if he HAD listened, he could've jumped down after told and bolted for the tunnel that Dom could've met them part way in.

And after the level was over and it was announced we still needed fuel, I cursed Dom for being such a stupid jerk.

"Thanks Dom, now we have to go to this OTHER PLACE to get fuel 'cause you had to blow it all up at THIS PLACE. Oh, and you killed yourself to deny us fuel. Brilliant. I'm glad your stupid ass is dead now".

Though, I DID like how Dom's knife was used at the end. I had forgotten Marcus had it up to that point. Then he delivers his one liner and uses the knife and I was ecstatic.

Actually, I didn't realize the full extent of Dom's death until I (second player) was suddenly playing as an annoying rookie who whined constantly. It was then that I missed Dom.

I had a feeling Dom would die, the whole "Brothers to the End" thing kinda gave that away, but I wasn't expecting it that way. I cried throughout the chapter. A very emotional ride.

They better kill Carmine in DLC. Cliffy said "Carmine will survive until the credits"

Credits have rolled, time to kill the bastard.