Horde mode matchmaking

Thugsley

So I had my first real try of horde mode yesterday. I must admit I sucked at it pretty badly.

It seems to me that if you fail a wave and your turrets/decoys/wires get screwed then for the replay of the wave you're pretty much screwed.

I played with 4 randoms on overpass, was all going well until one person dropped out. Then a second person dropped out at 30 or so.

Ended up getting to level 43 with just 3 of us but it became impossible to refortify the base with the limited amount of cash we had left.

Has anyone else noticed that people who drop out are not replaced by matchmaking? Is this working as intended or was i just unlucky? I mean, the whole game, given it was 3 of us for a the last 10-15 waves took ages, like 2.5 hours or so and not once did we get anyone else joining after the initial matching at the beginning.

Thoughts?

I played with a full group in Horde normal difficulty last night with my man and his brothers and a friend... we were on mic, etc, the whole shebang. It wasn't until wave 50 (we played 1-49 straight) that it just got so friggin' ridiculous, we couldn't do anything. Took an hour and a half or so on that wave alone until we said screw it and dropped out for the night. Honestly, it was getting crazy after about 43.

Auburok came to the conclusion that the best thing to do is just level up your fortifications ability before trying to tackle the harder levels. That way, you can at least defend against things when it gets really crazy. Besides, making money shouldn't be too hard - just keep fighting stuff and dying and save up the money until you have enough.

I played with a full group in Horde normal difficulty last night with my man and his brothers and a friend... we were on mic, etc, the whole shebang. It wasn't until wave 50 (we played 1-49 straight) that it just got so friggin' ridiculous, we couldn't do anything. Took an hour and a half or so on that wave alone until we said screw it and dropped out for the night. Honestly, it was getting crazy after about 43.

I'd assume you were going after the cheeb? That had to suck calling it quits when you were so close. Farthest I got was about round 18, not for lack of trying. It's just 2 kids dropped out after 12, and if I remember correctly it's a max party of 5? After we all wiped once I wasn't particularity interested in wasting time on something that wasn't gonna produce results. Plus another guy left and 2 guys on round 18... /pass.

I'd assume you were going after the cheeb? That had to suck calling it quits when you were so close. Farthest I got was about round 18, not for lack of trying. It's just 2 kids dropped out after 12, and if I remember correctly it's a max party of 5? After we all wiped once I wasn't particularity interested in wasting time on something that wasn't gonna produce results. Plus another guy left and 2 guys on round 18... /pass.

Yep, we were going for the achievement and the ribbon. Considering we took over six hours total, though, we had to call it quits. Being tired and having obligations to attend to the next morning kind of ruined it.