Could somebody explain these new horde features?

Mister Buds

silverbacks and turrets... i keep seeing people in public matches getting them, but how? i see that there are tiers, like in beast mode, do they come from there? if so, how do you level them up? it's clearly not by points because i've made over 25,000 and still only been on the second tier while one guy, at 21,000 had a silverback.

I posted these questions in another thread but this thread may be more appropriate for them.

1) How do you upgrade turrets and sentry guns past the first level? I have level 2 skill in each yet when I try to upgrade them it says "upgrade locked". Do I need to level the abilities up more or is it not available until after a certain Horde wave?

2) There is a medal for "founding a COG base" or some such. How is this earned? I've tested it and when I establish a first base or a second base after the game has started, neither condition seems to award the medal...

To unlock higher levels of upgrades, keep repairing/creating the category. Eventually, it will level up, and you will either get a stronger version of something or have an unlock (Barrier level 7 for silverback... I can't remember what the sentry was).

Upgrades do save, so you keep your levels... i.e. when you restart Horde mode again, you'll still have your silverback you unlocked last time, etc.

Lastly, if you want to see your stats in Horde to figure out how much money you have left for a level up, go to your main status page (Stats and Awards page) and open up your player stats for Horde. Voila.

Happy gaming.