do horde kills count towards weapon kills?

Gweel

does anyone know if the kills you get when playing horde mode apply to the kills for vs mode?

I don't know if you were intrested in this fact for medals or to raise your KD, but that would be lame if they did. Please keep in mind to you somewhat answered your own question. Once you click, or select rather, "Stats & Awards" if you notice there are sub-sections for Versus, Horde, Beast, and a fourth category I can't recall.

I do horde gets you ribbons, but I don't know if that necessarily translates to medal progression.

The kills you get playing Horde mode, even Private Horde, DO count towards your Execution Unlocks (e.g. 200 kills with starting weapons, 40 kills with all pickups) though - don't know if that's what you mean though OP?

They do count toward execution unlocks, but not toward medals.

THEY DO COUNT! Dont listen to these other people. I just got my silver gnasher medal and 40 kills with torque bow medal.

Bullshit. I unlocked my execution for Gnasher and Retro Lancer in Horde, yet I didn't even have a bronze medal for the Gnasher and I had less than 200 kills recorded toward my Retro medal progression.

If you don't believe me, look at your medal progression kill count for a given weapon, fire up Horde, use that weapon, and then after you are done look at the kill count. It will be the same...

Edited by AOS Puck

i think it's for the weapon medals. they count for executions but do not for the medals. only multiplayer ranked or full bot matches count.

^This

They do count toward execution unlocks, but not toward medals.

^This

like everyone said i will repeat again

It counts for execution unlock but not for medals

^This

Since there is a lot of confusion in here I will add my input as well, just to turn the tide. I followed this closely. It counts for execution, but not for medals.

^And this!

I think people are getting confused thinking executions are medals... which they are not. Horde is great to unlock your executions, but it does not count towards your medals for each gun. Would be too easy otherwise :)

There are 9 weapon/weapongroups that demands 6000 kills each (3000 for the fire based weapons) to get to the onyx medal. That is 51000 kills in versus mode, and thats if you only use the weapons you are missing. Many of the weapons I am not used to use against other players, so it will take forever to get some of them if they doesn't change it to include horde, because I suck with those weapons. I bet many people has it the same way.

Edited by Kenn1h

There are 9 weapon/weapongroups that demands 6000 kills each (3000 for the fire based weapons) to get to the onyx medal. That is 51000 kills in versus mode, and thats if you only use the weapons you are missing. Many of the weapons I am not used to use against other players, so it will take forever to get some of them if they doesn't change it to include horde, because I suck with those weapons. I bet many people has it the same way.

I love Gears as a Game but this is the one thing that SUCKS about their games with their damn serious achievements! 51,000 kills in Vs mode???

I maxed out my prestige in Black ops (15/50) and only have 40,000 kills or so and it took me like 6 months playing every day, and I'm semi-good at that game. (Also burned out on it) I will never be able to get 51,000 kills in Vs for Gears unless thats the only game I played and only mode I played for the next year or two! Not going to happen....