Horde Mode

toxincram

You may or may not know this but you can take your time in setting up a comand post as the timer does not start till this is on place. So you can run around the map find the best one with the best cover etc. before placing it.

Agian if everyone new this then feel free to delete the post.

I wish everyone did know this. Whenever I go into a game online with random people they rush buy the command post and start the horde off before anyone knows whats happening. It's really annoying because then you have to fight a couple rounds untill you get the $2,000 to start the next command post off which could of been spent on wires, turrets ect.

You may or may not know this but you can take your time in setting up a comand post as the timer does not start till this is on place. So you can run around the map find the best one with the best cover etc. before placing it.

Agian if everyone new this then feel free to delete the post.

Good info to know. I too wondered why there was other command post looking areas around the map, but didn't think anything of it. I've only played one round, and when I joined the dude almost immediately placed it where we spawned. So I didn't think anything of it. :s

what exactly does the command post get you other than i guess a respawn point, i played yesterday and they had command posts on both sides of the map.

it seems like it would be smarter to save your money and use shields for boss levels like in gears 2.

am i missin something here cuz the bosses don't seem fazed by any fortifications anyway.

what exactly does the command post get you other than i guess a respawn point, i played yesterday and they had command posts on both sides of the map.

it seems like it would be smarter to save your money and use shields for boss levels like in gears 2.

am i missin something here cuz the bosses don't seem fazed by any fortifications anyway.

The command posts let you set up fortifications around that area

I have a few questions:

How do you upgrade turrets and sentry guns past the first level? I have level 2 skill in each yet when I try to upgrade them it says "upgrade locked". Do I need to level the abilities up more or is it not available until after a certain Horde wave?

There is a medal for "founding a COG base" or some such. How is this earned? I've tested it and when I establish a first base or a second base after the game has started, neither condition seems to award the medal...

I have a few questions:

How do you upgrade turrets and sentry guns past the first level? I have level 2 skill in each yet when I try to upgrade them it says "upgrade locked". Do I need to level the abilities up more or is it not available until after a certain Horde wave?

There is a medal for "founding a COG base" or some such. How is this earned? I've tested it and when I establish a first base or a second base after the game has started, neither condition seems to award the medal...

Answered here ... well, halfway answered:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4520268&postcount=8

Then you get those guys who just spend all their money every single round, wasting it on barriers, decoys, turrets that get destroyed in the next wave when we need that stuff for the Boss waves. Buying anything in the first 5 waves at least is pretty pointless. Also people who won't go for the bonus waves even if it offers like 2500 for doing it, this is why I hate the matchmaking system.