Am I the Only One? *SPOILERS*

Sixpounder94

Am I the only one who thinks the campaign is WAY too short seeing as this is the last Gears? I found the length of the game kind of disapointing.

and also, what was up with Carmine only being in like 2 parts of the game? Is that EPIC's way of letting him live by leaving him out of the majority of the game so he wouldn't die? I personally found that disappointing too...

but besides that, I loved the game, I'm sure I'll be playing Horde, Beast and Versus for a while, so at least that makes up for the story line not being as long as I would have liked it to have been

The thing about Carmine is probably to left us wondering if he's alive or not. They really wanted to scare us a few times. "Hey Carmine, watch out!" and the scene at Anvil Gate where a regular Gear gets his arm ripped off and you never know if it's Carmine or not, and then in the end when his raven gets downed etc.

Its not the last Gears, I'm sure there will be a prequal, and then they will do Gears 4 etc..

Yeh I reckon they'll do a prequel aswell maybe during either the Pendulum wars or E-day (as I wrote this I realised that would be like what Reach was to Halo)

I thought the campaign would have been a little longer. The second one felt longer to me. A few minor loose ends and one or two larger ones not tied up but overall it was an enjoyable campaign.

I think it got pretty boring in spots and they could have cut stuff from it. I dont want to give anything away but the sub part to me was a waste, the fire extingisher part was stupid. In the campaign it didnt seem like they changed alot from the last one.

yeah i thought so too the sub level was kinda boring.

well I wish that at least the final cutscene would have been a little longer...I mean all the locust are gone (at least thats what we know so far) so you would think that EPIC would show you what everyone went on to do in their life since theres no reason for war anymore...but MAYBE thats just a hint towards another game :D

To summarise my thoughts:

Acts 1 + 2 felt boring and too long, minus the riding the gas balloon level.

Act 3 was Brilliant!

Act 4 started off brilliantly, but got boring when you had to run around collecting sub parts. I enjoyed the sub rail shooting though :)

Act 5 was good, but also felt like the whole 'turning off the hurricane' dragged on a bit more than necessary.

Did anyone get sick of taking the back seat and actually want to drive something? I thought that was like a gears legacy(transport gears 1, brumak and co gears 2) it's all manning the turrets and they were the suckiest parts.

A raven would have been sweet is all I'm sayin.

Edited by Nuke the Fridge

Having played through both the Gears 1 & Gears 2 campaign in the past couple of months, I have to disagree. In terms of campaign length?

Gears 3 > Gears 2 > Gears 1

Completely agree. Me and a buddy in the past 2 weeks did a "catch up" on the series. We ran 1 in about 2 1/2 hours and 2 in about 4-5. Not sure how long a "run through" of 3 will be, but I think we did our first run in about 8hrs or so. Quite a bit of that was searching for collectables and just admiring the awesomeness of the game/graphics.