Beast Mode Questions

CrownlessKing

Alright, so tried Beast Mode last night, loved it to death. But, two things I need to ask.

One: How exactly do you unlock each tier of Locust? All that you see is a padlock and a white bar with "xx%". Does it go up for kill? Breaking fortifications? It just seems to unlock at random times for me.

Two: How the sweet hell are you supposed to get a kill with a Wild Ticker for the Achievement? They don't explode, the melee is weak, and the AI just punts it and it dies.

Beast was the first thing I jumped into yesterday. Joined some randoms and cleared lvl 12. As far as the tiers unlOcking, Im guessing that it unlocks with progression through rounds? Not sure. And as for the wild ticker, if a teammate downs the AI, you can melee kill, otherwise you need to "eat a grenade" to get a kill.

I used melee to kill a few with a wild ticker, in fact won the round with the same one I started with and 7 kills. SO.....

And to unlock higher tier Locust, it is a mix of a few things, round/kills/points I believe. It is not just rounds, because I have had friends unlock a higher tier before me and vice versa, so I think it is a point requirement to get to, including winning the round and such, so even if you don't score well, you still progress.

Yeah, for tier unlocking, you just need to keep getting points. Do well and you should be able to unlock the last tier by round 10-12!

As for the wild ticker, it's not so hard if you get it done in the first few rounds. Because of their ability to tear down structures + the dumb ai in the early levels, I was able to go around a guy on a turret, get through his barricade, and kill him while he was still on the turret, np.

for the wild ticker i just choose greander and planted a grenade at spawn point then when i died choose wild ticker and ate grenade then let a stranded kill me with them beside me boom job done.

also if you are planying with a friend you could have him plant a grenade and you just eat it then died next to someone.

for the wild ticker i just choose greander and planted a grenade at spawn point then when i died choose wild ticker and ate grenade then let a stranded kill me with them beside me boom job done.

also if you are planying with a friend you could have him plant a grenade and you just eat it then died next to someone.

That's so obvious, yet so smart. I feel like an idiot for not thinking of that. I'll have to try that when I go for this cheeb. Granted I only played beast mode once for the 12 round cheeb and got it. But I was playing things I knew how to get kills with. Basically the drone I believe with the retro? :s