Horde Bosses

toxincram

Anyone want to share how you kill each BOSS type on Horde? There was one last night (on level 20) which we could just not figure out how to kill (only 2 of us left the others left) :-( we did eventually get a BOSS that we did know how to kill !

I will start i know this has already been mentioned but is it worth trying to keep them all in one thread?

Berserker - Burn them till they glow then let rip with bullets.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brumak: Shoot both guns of the brumaks wrists then target the main cannon above its head.

Lambent Bezerker: Target the bezerkers chest while it is charging, also its chest remains open for a few seconds when it has finihsed its charge attack.

Edited by ademlakey

We had a pretty good Horde team going until wave 28 when the armoured Kantus' came and we just kept getting beat down by them until only 2 of us were left. I find the problem is getting enough explosive weapons to kill them with when you've got no money and they can kill you so fast when they're in groups.

So far iv went up against lambent berzerkers. Just let tthem charge u and their chest opens up. That's the only way to hurt them. Also a brumak. Just do wat the post above says and iv also went up against reavers. Or is it reapers? Either way just go for the driver and passenger. Makes it very easy. Pro tip. Turrets are friends. Same goes for mulchers and boomshots. Try and keep them for the boss last.

i went against a "grunker" i think they're called, mortar firing creature, basically just shoot them and mortars or boom shot work well also, another one is reavers but they're easy to kill

Wait, hold on a minute. Are you just saying this, or is there no "sweet spot" to down them? I ask because I'm not a hardcore GoW player or a vet, so I'm clueless about most of the enemies. These guys are particularly annoying on the campaign as the only way I've been dealing with them is just emptying clip after clip. Is there a specific area I should be shooting?

Brumack: Doesn't matter, just shoot it, I think the tanks on its back is a weak spot though

Berserker: Burn then shoot

Lambent Berserker: Wait until it runs, when it does a yellow spot will open on its gut, shoot that. The spot may also open when its attacking, but usually only when its running

Armoured Kantus: Wait until it screams, then shoot its mouth (it glows)... pretty sure grenades work too

Big Grunkers: Just keep shooting, no weak spot that I could tell. Just don't let them get close to you

Reaver: Shoot them :p

Corpser: Not sure, pretty sure you just need to shoot it... we ended up getting killed by it and didn't see it again

And I think thats all i've seen so far

Played my first Horde game today with random ppl on the map OVERPASS and we got to lvl 40 and only reason we stopped there was because one guy got lagged out and the other 3 kept dieing and quite, BASTARDS. In my opinion, the only hard boss is the lambent berzerker. Just shoot at the chest as much as possible, also hammer of dawn seems to work well on him. Another thing I did is, i used a flamethrower on him while the other guys shot him with turrets and lancers. Thats another thing, get a lot of turrets, if you're playing OVERPASS go to the top and set up your stuff, overpass is the best map for horde. Like i said, could of easily gotten to lvl 50 but thats what you get when playing with random ppl. You never know when someones going to quite.

Brumak - Try to aim and fire at its face or the tanks on its back; seems to do the most damage.

Berserker - Light on fire with Scorcher then proceed to deliver bullets or shotgun shells into it.

Lambent Berserker - Find a spot where they can't jump over and shoot at their heart when their rib cage opens up.

Grunker - Torque Bow headshots seem to do a lot of damage towards them. Any gun with explosive damage should do the trick; just make sure you have lots of ammunition and that you aren't standing in the same spot for too long. They have a deadly range attack (don't get too close either).

Corpser - Keep shooting them until they die. Simple as that. Don't let them get too close and don't shoot when they raise their legs to protect themselves.

I've yet to face a boss wave that features Reavers or Armored Kantus'.

Had both on Overpass, the reavers are seriously too easy, especially if you have a turret set up :) The armoured kantus' show up in the later levels, but they aren't actually bosses... just really tough to kill :p

That's why the Kantus' take forever to die. It sounded to be a boss when you typed this:

Armoured Kantus: Wait until it screams, then shoot its mouth (it glows)... pretty sure grenades work too

When you mentioned it with the other actual bosses. ;)

That's why the Kantus' take forever to die. It sounded to be a boss when you typed this:

When you mentioned it with the other actual bosses. ;)

haha yeah true, someone mentioned them above, so I thought i'd point out there weak point... as they are just as hard as a boss... actually probably harder then a reaver lol

Fastest way to take down an Armored Kantus is a Torque in the mouth when they are doing their heal/scream, or grenade tagging. Boomshots will do a lot of damage as well.

Brumak is pretty easy, as long as you avoid the attacks. If a few people are dead, take out the guns on the arms to make it more manageable, then split up and find good cover from the rockets. He usually follows one person, allowing others to finish him off from relative safety. If the rest of the team is dead, just take your time and get a few shots off between rocket volleys, and have your team spot weapons when you eventually run out of ammo. :)

Best way to take care of a Brumak is a turret. Have one in a good location and let it rip. Of course it'll probably take more then one clip to kill it so when the turret empties use whatever else you have.

Lambent Beserkers are ass. Worst idea Epic has had so far IMO. Wayyyyy too hard to kill. Basically ruins the mode if one shows up because it takes like 20 minutes to kill it, if you can kill it.

Do Gunkers actually show up as bosses? I hope not. They were annoying as hell in the campaign. Seems like no matter where you stand you'll either get hit by the mortar thing or he'll punch you.

I like Horde 2.0 but I hate the Boss Waves. I wish there was a way to maybe turn them off, like a Mutator or something. Even if you got less XP for it it'd be alright.

Grunker - Torque Bow headshots seem to do a lot of damage towards them. Any gun with explosive damage should do the trick; just make sure you have lots of ammunition and that you aren't standing in the same spot for too long. They have a deadly range attack (don't get too close either).

Thanks for clearing this up, I was really interested in this info. However, your essentially saying they really have no weak area, but if you had wager a guess the head would be the place to aim? So basically just unload into them and the more explosive the ordnance the better?