If your beta unlocks did not unlock

neok182

Few things this could be.

First: Dashboard, and go back into the game. sometimes they simply don't unlock.

Secondly: if your profile is NOT on the same storage device as your beta save, they won't unlock. Simply move your profile and beta save to the same storage device and they'll unlock fine.

even if it's like this, they may unlock after dashboarding, for me they did not.

And if neither of those fixed it, and you have a beta save, then somethings wrong and you should head to the official forums for help.

from what i've gathered, these are the two main ways people are fixing it, including myself earlier.

Everything else unlocked fine except the Dom achievement from Gears 1 for the chrome skin. I am glad I am not the only one having this problem, but I hope someone knows why it isn't unlocking.

Is this something that will be fixed with an update? I have the achievement, so it should have scanned it just like all the rest...

any insight would be much appreciated...

Did any of you play the game before the official release day??

Naughty boys if you did. It was reported on the official gears website that a title update will be available to download on release day and that this update will scan your achievements and give you the required unlocks. Anyone who played gears before the title update would have a problem and not receive some or all of the unlocks based on existing gears achievements from previous games.

Is there no hope for us that lost our Beta saves?

I played the Beta and unlocked everything except for the week 4 weapon skin. Unfortunately my Hard Drive decided to die not long after and I had to get a new one.

Can I not access my stats anywhere or am I just screwed in terms of Beta stuff now? :(

I played the Beta and unlocked everything except for the week 4 weapon skin. Unfortunately my Hard Drive decided to die not long after and I had to get a new one.

Can I not access my stats anywhere or am I just screwed in terms of Beta stuff now? :(

if the save is gone then i'm sorry but you'll never get your unlocks.

This happened to me too like two days after the beta ended. I wished they would have saved the info on one of their servers. Boooooooooo

I ran into this same problem. Another method that works is to delete your profile (not your profile's saves) off of your Xbox and to recover it from Xbox Live. For some reason, my profile was displayed as having no gamerscore, avatar, gamerpic, or profile information, so I had to use that method to fix it up.

To everybody that deleted the beta, to be fair, Epic did warn everybody not to delete their beta data.

Naughty boys if you did. It was reported on the official gears website that a title update will be available to download on release day and that this update will scan your achievements and give you the required unlocks. Anyone who played gears before the title update would have a problem and not receive some or all of the unlocks based on existing gears achievements from previous games.

How are they ''Naughty boys'' when the game gets sent to them early and even epic gives them a congrats message on the title screen for getting it early ?

Also i got mine at midnight so its nothing to do with not having the update (all beta stuff unlocked first time).

Hopefully a fix will be out soon but tbh i'm ok if not as i'm rocking the pink retro lancer :p

i played it last week ( friday ) and unlocked everything without a problem without the title update !

I had a similar problem with my beta unlocks too, only because my beta save was on my old console. So what i did to fix it was, recover my GT back to my old console then load up the game which then unlocked all my beta skins on that console. Then i recovered my GT back to my new console, and hey presto there they are.