Easy way to max the stats

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but if so I apologise.

Anyway, if (like me) you really don't want to keep replaying this bad bad game just to collect enough points to max out the stats foir the achievements then try this.

On your first play through set it to Normal difficulty and be sure to pick up all of the tokens that you can but don't upgrade any of your abilities at all. The game isn't that hard to do and you should have no problems. When you get to about 31,000 coins you'll have enough to upgrade all of one persons stats. So at the start of the last level (after the autosave) upgrade all of one persons stats until the achievementr pops. Then just quit the game and reload the level, all of your coins are back and you can repeat the process for the other characters. Saves you playing the same levels over and over and you can get this many coins just playing through the game.

Plus, on Fantastic difficulty mode use all of your coins to upgrade the Things general stats and his RB + X attack, also the Human Torch's general stats and his fireball attack. You'll breeze through the game using just these moves.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome dude! I should be getting this game in the mail soon. Thanks for the tip.

Warning: I've progressed through the story so far without touching my stats. Now I'm at the Terrax boss and I'm having a hard time beating him. This is just a little warning because your characters die way too fast. I get his health down almost all the way and somehow all of my characters get wiped. It sucks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyway, if (like me) you really don't want to keep replaying this bad bad game just to collect enough points to max out the stats foir the achievements then try this.

On your first play through set it to Normal difficulty and be sure to pick up all of the tokens that you can but don't upgrade any of your abilities at all. The game isn't that hard to do and you should have no problems. When you get to about 31,000 coins you'll have enough to upgrade all of one persons stats. So at the start of the last level (after the autosave) upgrade all of one persons stats until the achievementr pops. Then just quit the game and reload the level, all of your coins are back and you can repeat the process for the other characters. Saves you playing the same levels over and over and you can get this many coins just playing through the game.

Plus, on Fantastic difficulty mode use all of your coins to upgrade the Things general stats and his RB + X attack, also the Human Torch's general stats and his fireball attack. You'll breeze through the game using just these moves.

Dude its a awesome guide but dude its like nearly impossible man i thought i was gonna do it the way you said i tried so hard i kept on going but clobberin time' got me so i maxed the thing's shockwaves and cosmic cost which takes like nearly 3000 somethin like that but after i tried not upgrading anything but some lil stuff you have to upgrade man or else its nearly impossible i don't know if its just me :-)

Dude its a awesome guide but dude its like nearly impossible man i thought i was gonna do it the way you said i tried so hard i kept on going but clobberin time' got me so i maxed the thing's shockwaves and cosmic cost which takes like nearly 3000 somethin like that but after i tried not upgrading anything but some lil stuff you have to upgrade man or else its nearly impossible i don't know if its just me :-)

Longest sentence ever.

Anyways, I upgraded Thing along the way, so he was a killing machine. Then when I got to the military base, I just repeated act 1 a few times and was able to max everyone out easily with no problems.

Longest sentence ever.

Anyways, I upgraded Thing along the way, so he was a killing machine. Then when I got to the military base, I just repeated act 1 a few times and was able to max everyone out easily with no problems.

OFF TOPIC: dude you have 11000 GamerScore but you only have 3 and a half stars?......How bad is your ******* rep dude...? i had like 100 gamerscore when i got 5 stars

And about the longest Sentence... i don't think it was the longest sentence....;)

ON TOPIC:Well yeah i know i got all the characters upgraded aswell.

OFF TOPIC: dude you have 11000 GamerScore but you only have 3 and a half stars?......How bad is your ******* rep dude...? i had like 100 gamerscore when i got 5 stars

And about the longest Sentence... i don't think it was the longest sentence....;)

ON TOPIC:Well yeah i know i got all the characters upgraded aswell.

Heh, well I haven't played that many games online, so I guess that explains that. :)

Heh, well I haven't played that many games online, so I guess that explains that. :)

Well yeah... Maybe it does;)

Damn! nice job on Marvel buddy keep it up...:)

dude i need help on... the stupid coins in shanghai wonder if you can help me anyways laterZzzz....:drunk

QUICK RESPONSES !:)

• 3 weeks later...

The fastest and easiest way I found to get coins is on the Terrax level Act 2 I think it's called Clobberin Time. It's the one where you play alone as the Thing.

All you do is upgrade the Thing's Shockwave power to as much as you can and pound the ground. Pound the ground all around the edges untill you've got all the coins and then pound the ground to kill the boss. Lather rinse repeat...

You get about 1000 coins per round and it only takes a minute. It's way faster than going through level one over and over though you will get sick of the intro animation :)

I used the ground pound a lot through the whole game. It just kicks butt - even on flying things.

Another tip is that on my second play through I used the Human Torch a lot. When you need to get from point A to point B use his flight. It's really fast and the rest of the crew will magically show up behind you. I have better things to do in my life than watch video game characters walk at half speed to get somewhere if I can avoid it.

• 2 months later...

That sounds like the best way to do it, but I still wonder if you can unlock the 'Fantastic' achievement for getting all of the content in the game unlocked. If you do this method, it seems like you'll only have 1/4 characters maxxed at a time. If anyone knows, or has tried jacknape's method, please post.

To edit this post, this method definitely saves hordes of time. You'll unlock 'Fantastic' after you beat the game, as long as you've got all the collectables. Then just load up Level one, race to 20,000 or so points and level up. Works like snatch!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The fastest and easiest way I found to get coins is on the Terrax level Act 2 I think it's called Clobberin Time. It's the one where you play alone as the Thing.

All you do is upgrade the Thing's Shockwave power to as much as you can and pound the ground. Pound the ground all around the edges untill you've got all the coins and then pound the ground to kill the boss. Lather rinse repeat...

You get about 1000 coins per round and it only takes a minute. It's way faster than going through level one over and over though you will get sick of the intro animation :)

I used the ground pound a lot through the whole game. It just kicks butt - even on flying things.

Another tip is that on my second play through I used the Human Torch a lot. When you need to get from point A to point B use his flight. It's really fast and the rest of the crew will magically show up behind you. I have better things to do in my life than watch video game characters walk at half speed to get somewhere if I can avoid it.

This is whut I'm doing right now and it's pretty easy..thanks :D

If you can hold off upgrading for the last few levels, I suggest doing so...cuz in the last two levels you get about 10000 so I'd just hold off...Dr.Doom is really easy...so you won't need much help with him...once you get the alotted points and upgraded a character ,just go to the dashboard...don't continue playing or you'll hit the autosave and it's over lol

• 4 weeks later...

:whs

That's the same strategy I used. On my first playthrough I balanced out the stats, which meant that most characters were weak most of the time. On my second playthrough, at harder difficulty level, I focused just about everything into the Thing. I put a few points in the others for their solo missions, but the priority is maxxing out the Thing.

Get to Clobberin Time and it all pays off, 1000 coins per fight that lasts about a minute and you can easily max out the other characters. Getting enough coins for one and quitting each time gets you the achievements, but you will want to spend the points wisely to make the remaining fights easy.

Military Base Act 1 does earn more coin, but it also takes much longer. Atleast with Clobberin time you are always next to something to fight, plus there are pots around the outside that can be broken for more coin. :woop:

This game finally dropped through the letter-box today and after a quick scan of the forums found that there are some good ideas on here about it. I will be trying to play it through without using any coins and hopefully I can get most of it done before Viking arrives tomorrow.

I did this today very simply combining all the methods. Basically play through military base act 1 (took me about 3 times) and build all your points. just use human torch and knock through all the boxes. then start up a mission and about 28000 points does it and spend it all on one character then restart the act and spend it on another.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...