Achievement Discussion

Infernal

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm wondering is how people who've played Gears 1/Gears 2/Beta are going to be able to get the "Welcome to the Big Leagues" achievement if we are automatically barred out from that mode : /.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=807487

Word on the official forums is that, yes, this achievement will automatically unlock for anyone who is barred from the casual playlist. I'm guessing the achievement will pop the second you boot up the game. :)

I'm curious about what the Onyx medals are since I'm assuming they're different from the multiplayer medals. I'll knock all those out early but will wait for the inevitable experience event to go to level 100.

But the achievements look good. They encourage you to play all modes in the game and none of them are too bad.

So whats the secret achievement?

If we knew that it wouldn't be secret, would it?

Actually I kid, the achievement is

Respect for the Dead (5 points)

Your respect for the dead earned you access to Griffin's special weapons stash.

(you can view secret achievements in the list by going to print-friendly version of the page)

Word on the official forums is that, yes, this achievement will automatically unlock for anyone who is barred from the casual playlist. I'm guessing the achievement will pop the second you boot up the game. :)

I kind of had a hunch that it would unlock automatically, why deny an achievement for the loyal fans who played Gears 1/2 and the Beta for 3.

I pretty sure "Onyx medals" are the same medals as were available to get in the mp beta. If I remember correctly, each medal had a star rating on it between 0 and 5 stars. I'm pretty sure you have to get 5 stars on each mp medal to get the "Oynx" designation. Which means it's an incredible amount of time for Seriously 3.0, and a while for Oynx war supporter as well.

Personally, the list is alright. Typical story progression, etc... The achievements either seem really easy and obvious, or way over the top. Also, the viral achievement is worth WAY too much.

The list looks almost like in the first two games except some minor changes.

I'm NOT looking forward to Seriously 3.0 & We Few, We Happy Few..., the last is already getting on my nerves cause it will probably mean that we always have to find/gather 4 players and not everyone can play on the same time due to work, family etc. ... gosh I hate these Coop-Cheevos so much...

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

The list looks almost like in the first two games except some minor changes.

I'm NOT looking forward to Seriously 3.0 & We Few, We Happy Few..., the last is already getting on my nerves cause it will probably mean that we always have to find/gather 4 players and not everyone can play on the same time due to work, family etc. ... gosh I hate these Coop-Cheevos so much...

You could probably finish it with just two people with two controllers each.