Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Razzazzika

Bubble Town 2 Achievement Guide

This is my first guide, forgive me. I'm usually reading them rather than writing them, but I noticed this game didn't have one.

Roadmap

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10

- Offline: 15

- Online: 0

- Approximate amount of time to 200: 3-4hours

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

- Number of missable achievements: None

- Glitched achievements: None

- Do cheat codes disable achievements? No cheat codes

- Does difficulty affect achievements? No difficulty levels

All levels are re playable by clicking on the level from the world map screen, so you can revisit any level you wish to get the achievements. BEWARE, however, that once you BEAT THE GAME, it resets. You unfortunately must restart from the beginning once you defeat Lumpress, the end boss. So if you wish to play a specific level for achievements, do it BEFORE fighting the Lumpress on level 45. They're not too hard since the game does not have a time limit. I listed them in the order I got them myself.

Story related achievements(cannot be missed):

Ousting the General

Day of the Tentacle

To infinity and beyond

Terminated

Houston, we have a...

Achievements that will most likely come with normal play:

Fuzz-tastic

Canny Cannon

Rock Lob-ster

Achievements that require a bit more effort:

Soap and Glory

Take it to the Bank'

Transport Traffic

Soaped-Up

Dead-Eye

In It To Win It

Bubble-licious

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/-UmEjQ==.jpgSoap and Glory 10

The player must match 3 borbs after having banked off of 3 walls, with a single shot.

This one's description is a bit deceiving. You can't just bank it left, right, left or vice versa. You need to include the ceiling as the third wall. So bank it left, right, ceiling. Or right, left, ceiling. Not too hard near the end of a round.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/+QuX5w==.jpgTake it to the Bank’ 10

Complete any level using bank shots.

This means to ONLY use bank shots on any level. I did this on the same level I did Soap and Glory. Just be careful where you shoot. It helps to do it on one of the early levels where the roof lowers slower and there are less of a variety of borbs.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/--F09w==.jpgRock Lob-ster! 10

Match any borbs using the lob cannon

You first get the Lob Cannon from a crate on level 7. Simply get a combo of 3 borbs to unlock this achievement once you get the powerup.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/+7NnnQ==.jpgOusting the General 10

Defeat the Lump General

The Lump General is the first Boss fight (Level 10). Simply defeat him to gain this achievement. However there is an associated challenge achievement for the same boss (see Dead Eye for boss strategy).

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/+yqeUg==.jpgDead Eye 10

Hit the eye evey time when open without missing

All boss fights are mini-games of sorts. They give you a tutorials at the start of the battle, but basically when the general opens his eye you tap him on the screen thus 'poking him in the eye'. This disorients the general for a few seconds. You are then granted a free Lob Cannon shot, but you have to act fast or he'll close his eye again. Simply shoot him with the Lob Cannon while he is disoriented.

It takes some getting used to. But rinse and repeat that process while knocking away borbs as normal since he keeps spawning them. He takes 4 shots to kill.(Also for this fight, see Canny Cannon and In to Win it)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/UP9046k=.jpgCanny Cannon 20

The player must attain a score of 15,000 inside a single level.

You very well may get this through normal play, but if you don't see In It To Win It.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/+OtvdA==.jpgIn It To Win It 20

The player must reach a score of 150,000

This is misleading. This is not a cumulative 150,000 points, but rather 150,000 in one level. This may take a while, but on Level 10, since the General continuously spawns borbs, you can opt not to play the 'poke him in the eye' minigame and instead just continuously destroy borbs until your score reaches 150,000. I will tell you, bank shots help a LOT. If you rotate the cannon all the way to the left or right you can get a 4 wall bank for 500 points. Between spawns you can get about 4-5 of those if you're fast enough, so that's 2,000-2,500 points. Just don't do what I did and get distracted about 50,000 points in and let your phone go into sleep mode, because the game doesn't resume mid-level. This has to be done in one sitting. Look forward to spending about 30-45 min on this one.

Is the fact that you need to do this achievement in one level a glitch? Maybe. But it's doable.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/UP6UGzo=.jpgFuzz-tastic 20

The player must gain 200 fuzzballs

This will come eventually with play. The fuzzballs are the green ones with the single eye. It unlocked for me when I was trying for In It To Win It on level 10, so if you're not crazy like me it'll probably unlock in the teens somewhere.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/-NZg+Q==.jpgTransport Traffic 10

Fire a borb and make a match through the whirlpool or black hole.

The Whirlpools first appear on level 26. Simply shoot a borb through the whirlpool like it says and make a match of 3 or more. It only lasts 1-3 rounds so make your shots count!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/+HKWuw==.jpgDay of the Tentacle 20

Defeat Sandy Squid

You'll find this boss on level 29. Very easy. Just aim for the tentacles once you clear an opening.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/-oh1qw==.jpgTo infinity and beyond 5

Awarded when the player reaches the first space level.

This unlocks automatically at the at the end of level 30.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/-TaYag==.jpgBubble-licious 10

Detaches 14+ borbs/lumps using the plunger power up.

The plunger powerup first appears on level 30, and is probably the best level to try this on. Save it until you have a large group of borbs hanging on by a thread of a single borb/lump. Grab the plunger powerup then and snag the supporting lump and watch the lumps fall and the achievment pop.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/-Kl8Hg==.jpgSoaped-Up 5

Awarded when player has used all the power-ups.

There are 5 power ups and they are:

Hotfoot

Sureshot

Lob Cannon

Plunger

Bomb - In order to get the bomb, you must use the plunger on it to grab it and shoot it as you would a normal borb. Shooting the bomb loose with the Hotfoot works too.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/-dB9Qg==.jpgTerminated 20

Defeat the cyber lump

This boss is on level 40. Clear away the borbs on the side of its head and tap the screen to destroy the two power panels on his cheeks. Then fire four shots at his chin to kill him.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1725/-DCF0Q==.jpgHouston, we have a... 20

Defeat the Lumpress in her final state.

This is the final boss of the game on level 45. On the first stage, shoot the crystals on her head using bank shots. The second stage, she will periodically charge toward the cannon in an attempt to ‘eat’ it. Repeatedly tap her until she becomes stunned and shoot a borb into her mouth. Do this three more times until she explodes.

Edited by Razzazzika

Since this was my first guide, any feedback is appreciated. I understand the game has been out a while, I just figured it'd be a good opportunity to make a guide considering noone else had. I'm usually not fast enough with this kind of thing.

Since this was my first guide, any feedback is appreciated. I understand the game has been out a while, I just figured it'd be a good opportunity to make a guide considering noone else had. I'm usually not fast enough with this kind of thing.

Going to start this soon as I picked it up for DOTW. Thanks for taking the time to put this guide together.

The first good level to attempt Bubble-licious in seems to be 34. Get the Hot Shot and make it so that the left stack is hanging by only one Borb. Clear away any borbs blocking that one borb. Do not shoot extra borbs through the portal - just stack them up along the left side. Then get the plunger and pick up the borb that supports the stack to get the Achievement.

The language on Takin' it to the Bank should be more clear. You must complete a level using only bank shots (shots reflected off a wall). At first I thought you just needed to finish with a bank shot and wondered why it wasn't popping.

Edited by eastx

Great informative guide absolutely appalling game ive noticed on my HTC HD7 Mozart that when you get a lob cannon you can drag you finger to where you want it to be but the aiming is massively out i was trying to line up on the generals eye had my finger over his eye and the target was almost to the edge of the screen i had to use my pinky finger just to be able to see where i was lining it up. i wish id of never bought the game lol i winds me up so much because its soo bad.

The first good level to attempt Bubble-licious in seems to be 35. Get the Hot Shot and make it so that the left stack is hanging by only one Borb. Clear away any borbs blocking that one borb. Do not shoot extra borbs through the portal - just stack them up along the left side. Then get the plunger and pick up the borb that supports the stack to get the Achievement.

The language on Takin' it to the Bank should be more clear. You must complete a level using only bank shots (shots reflected off a wall). At first I thought you just needed to finish with a bank shot and wondered why it wasn't popping.

regarding level 35, there is no portal on that level, are you sure you got the level wrong? thanks for advice but please can you tell me exactly what level it is, this achievement is prob the hardest of the bunch

regarding level 35, there is no portal on that level, are you sure you got the level wrong? thanks for advice but please can you tell me exactly what level it is, this achievement is prob the hardest of the bunch

I beat the game, which means I can no longer access my old story mode save. I really thought it was 35, but it could also be 36. Just look for the level that sounds like what I described, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you REALLY want some points, I'd probably avoid this game and play other things. Play the trial first. I hate this game and am going to give it a really bad review!

This game is the worst I have played as a WP7. The controls are awful, the design is appalling, and the game becomes based on luck. It moves too fast on certain levels, giving you little to no chance to do much before retrying and hoping for a better set of things to shoot.

I would suggest changing the hours a bit higher, most people will be retrying levels many times. Sometimes it has taken me 10+ tries for one level!

The first good level to attempt Bubble-licious in seems to be 35. Get the Hot Shot and make it so that the left stack is hanging by only one Borb. Clear away any borbs blocking that one borb. Do not shoot extra borbs through the portal - just stack them up along the left side. Then get the plunger and pick up the borb that supports the stack to get the Achievement.

It's level 34. Shoot kind of in the middle worked for me.

• 1 month later...
Unless you REALLY want some points, I'd probably avoid this game and play other things. Play the trial first. I hate this game and am going to give it a really bad review!

This game is the worst I have played as a WP7. The controls are awful, the design is appalling, and the game becomes based on luck. It moves too fast on certain levels, giving you little to no chance to do much before retrying and hoping for a better set of things to shoot.

I would suggest changing the hours a bit higher, most people will be retrying levels many times. Sometimes it has taken me 10+ tries for one level!

It was more of a minimum estimate. That's how long it took ME, but I was kinda rushing through the game because I was trying to make this guide.

Hadn't checked this forum in a while, I now made note of that in the guide.

• 1 year later...
The first good level to attempt Bubble-licious in seems to be 34. Get the Hot Shot and make it so that the left stack is hanging by only one Borb. Clear away any borbs blocking that one borb. Do not shoot extra borbs through the portal - just stack them up along the left side. Then get the plunger and pick up the borb that supports the stack to get the Achievement.

Thanks this was a very good tip to earn this one easily. Only took me about 5 minutes and a few tries to get it. i was confused how the plunger actually worked until getting this achievement.

The game is pretty bad, but I definitely wouldnt say the worst on WP7. The controls are ok in my opinion, except for the "shake your phone" to switch what blob your are shooting. That got super annoying. 1/4 the time it worked correctly, 1/4 you shake away and it does nothing, 1/4 the time you accidentally hit the screen when shaking and it shoots the original blob in the wrong spot, and 1/4 of the time I accidentally hit the lock screen button on my Lumia 900 and loose all progress on the level when it resumes. Biggest flaw of the game IMO. Why couldn't they just make it a button to tap, or almost anything else?

I also agree 3-4 hours if far too short, or atleast too small or a range. I know it personally took me 5 to 6 hours I would say. I would change the time to 3-6 hours personally. Some of the final levels are quite difficult as Tyger mentioned. In particular, level 41, which I spent more than an hour on. Those hexagonal puzzles where the boundaries close in are the hardest. It is funny because the boss levels are actually the easiest. Because of these last few levels, I would argue the difficulty to be raised to a 4/10. But 3/10 could be accurate, I may just be bad at this game.

Edited by Arsenic 17

• 3 months later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Bubble Town 2 Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Old post but I had trouble with final bosses second form, to help others - aim cannon straight up and just keep tapping on boss. It doesn't matter that you're just randomly tossing orbs.

At some point she will charge, since you are already tapping her, she will stop, since you're aiming at mouth already (if you're straight up) you will hit her, she will go back to surrounded by orbs mode.

Keep tapping, and repeat x4-5ish (I think it was 5 total)