Easter Eggs and references

SiskoBlue

So I'm only about 3 hours in but loving the game and pop culture references, worried I'm going to miss some.

So here's a list of things I've spotted so far, feel free to copy & add.

1. "Is the game any good Duke?" "After 12 f***ing years it should be. (Self-reference right out of the gate).

2. "We're done man, professionally" (rip-off of Christian Bale's notorious "trashing my scene" rant, getting to punch him in the face...awesome).

3. "Here's your power armour Duke" "Power armour is for pussies" (Halo)

4. Capt Dylan (paraphrasing) "I'm glad you're here Duke. I've just been helping one of my men find his wife. Oooh where is she, boo hoo" (Gears of War 2)

5. Pvt Leeroy Jenkins running ahead and get himself killed "Dammit Leeroy!" (the notorious Leeroy Jenkins WoW raid).

If you spot any more add them on.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm only about 3 hours in but loving the game and pop culture references, worried I'm going to miss some.

1. "Is the game any good Duke?" "After 12 f***ing years it should be. (Self-reference right out of the gate).

2. "We're done man, professionally" (rip-off of Christian Bale's notorious "trashing my scene" rant, getting to punch him in the face...awesome).

4. Capt Dylan (paraphrasing) "I'm glad you're here Duke. I've just been helping one of my men find his wife. Oooh where is she, boo hoo" (Gears of War 2)

5. Pvt Leeroy Jenkins running ahead and get himself killed "Dammit Leeroy!" (the notorious Leeroy Jenkins WoW raid).

i also saw some aswell.

- the spinning top for inception in the strip club

- deap space helmet

- old western church very similar to red dead

and a few other quotes i can't remember off the top of my head, but they rang a bell when i heard them.

Iv'e found a few more so far:

1. When hitting a crate open "i'll ninja that" (another WOW reference)

2. When your fighting in the hive "Take your tentacles back to Japan you freak"

3. In one of the bathrooms REDRUM is written on the wall (The Shining)

And the other item I found was Isaac's helmet from dead space in the Hive.

During the shootout in the Ghost Town - "I'll be your huckleberry", it's a reference to an old Western movie, Tombstone I think it's called. One of the major cowboys in the movie uses that as his catchphrase when he challenges people to a duel.

I heard Duke say these whilst playing.

Robocop: I'd buy those for a dollar.

Predator: You are one ugly motherfucker.

The Simpsons/DOOM: Let god sort em' out. 

Similar but not quite, I thought of....

Commando: If I told you I'd kill you last, I lied.

300: Tonight you dine in hell. 

Rambo: Killing you was easy as breathing.

Will add when I hear more.

-snip-

3. In one of the bathrooms REDRUM is written on the wall (The Shining)

Loved the "Redrum" one when I found it, after that I had to watch that awesome Movie again..

Also this..

"Step 1: Aplha Team straight up the middle."

"Step 2: Blake flank left. Phillips and I head around."

"Step 3: ..."

"Ehrm.. Profit!?"

(Southpark)

And ofcourse at the Balls of Steel Pinnball:

"Now I have time to play with myself!"

(Reference of "I don't have time to play with myself" from Duke Nukem 3D)

Edited by givenameplz
fix'ed

Its fun and enjoyable to me.. - but even I got to admit the Graphics and some stuff is a little "odd" but I don't care for that tbh. so.. yea.. "Its gooooooood!".

Also.. Iam a big Halo and Gears fan, don't get me wrong.. just run with the humor. (Almost) No harm done.

inb4dukeisalwaysintherightpositiongetit?getit?daahyoudon'tcare

Edited by givenameplz
fix'ed part 69

I have been spoiled for choice recently with movie references in games. What with this, Deadly Premonition and Ms. Splosion Man all played in the last few days.

I loved the 80's movies references, commando & Predator especially but Dukes classic lines from Army of Dead always crack me up "Hail to the king, baby!", "Come get some!", and "Groovy! Love that film.

Also one of the achievements reference a movie. Not bad for a human - defeat the alien queen, look at the picture.

Edited by gazmaster1

When speaking to the general "America needs you" Duke: "America Fuck Yeah" (Team America)

On Blowin' the dam you have to walk up some stairs with barrels falling down, when you get to the top duke goes "oh i thought there would be a monkey" (Donkey Kong)

Strip Club ATM when you hit it twice you get the message "feed me a stray cat"

which is clearly a reference to American Psycho :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yYEX9dV34I]YouTube - ‪feed me a stray cat‬‏[/ame]

I'm going through the part of Duke Burger where you have to rescue the girl from the electric water on my Insane playthrough and she just said "I wonder if they'll do another season of that Lightning Bug show? That Captain is such a dreamboat". I've never seen the show Firefly, but I'm assuming this quote is in reference to it, haha