Story Predictions?

fax5jrj

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be something to do with the Forerunners.

Aside from that everything anyone will predict will be totally wrong.

Meh, it will show some history about the Forerunners, but I doubt it will be major. I think that some Covenant may have survived, and since the flood has survived too, I believe that it will be the same enemies, but the series will have a darker storyline.

Meh, it will show some history about the Forerunners, but I doubt it will be major. I think that some Covenant may have survived, and since the flood has survived too, I believe that it will be the same enemies, but the series will have a darker storyline.

The thing they're were approaching is definitely Forerunner. How in depth they'll go is obviously up in the air.

Most of the Covenant survived. The Humans and Elites didn't go around and kill everyone else. They just killed the Prophets and destroyed the military power of the Brutes.

Since it will probably take place on a Forerunner installation the Flood very well might be in it. The Forerunners had Flood research facilities and quarantine zones on the Halos and other installations so that's just as likely on this one.

Have you guys ever read Halo: Cryptum? I hope they have some info on that in this game, considering that book was very... informative. I hope Cortana can talk about the Forerunner politics and stuff without it being boring, because that's some interesting stuff.

I hope there's another Gravemind (Precursor? If you guys have read Cryptum, at the end it implies that the Forerunners worshiped Graveminds... I think.)

Also, I hope there's mention to the Didact + Human/Prophet wars against the Prophets. This campaign may be very long. :)

Definitely not a bad thing.

Is this a novel?ive read just about everything i possible can get ahold of in the halo universe...humans are the forerunners arent they? I think its gonna delve deeper to the forerunner side of things,its funny that people think he died in at the end of halo 3,apparently they didnt beat it on legendary. aside from that he cameos in Reach.But IMO Halo is like a modern day Star Wars,there are soooo many angles they could go with. In the books Dr. Halsley goes into the Ark w/Kely or Linda and goes into some parrellel space,I dunno what to think...walked in the door,turned on g4 and BOOM halo 4 trailer! Cant WAIT!!!!

Is this a novel?ive read just about everything i possible can get ahold of in the halo universe...humans are the forerunners arent they? I think its gonna delve deeper to the forerunner side of things,its funny that people think he died in at the end of halo 3,apparently they didnt beat it on legendary. aside from that he cameos in Reach.But IMO Halo is like a modern day Star Wars,there are soooo many angles they could go with. In the books Dr. Halsley goes into the Ark w/Kely or Linda and goes into some parrellel space,I dunno what to think...walked in the door,turned on g4 and BOOM halo 4 trailer! Cant WAIT!!!!

No, humans are not Forerunner.

Humans were an early species, cavemen basically, when the Forerunners ruled the galaxy. Before the Forerunners lit the Halo rings to destroy all sentient life in the galaxy to stop the Flood they stored the genetic information of any intelligent species so the galaxy could be repopulated. Humans were just one of those species, many of the species in the Covenant were also saved by the Forerunners.

No, humans are not Forerunner.

Humans were an early species, cavemen basically, when the Forerunners ruled the galaxy. Before the Forerunners lit the Halo rings to destroy all sentient life in the galaxy to stop the Flood they stored the genetic information of any intelligent species so the galaxy could be repopulated. Humans were just one of those species, many of the species in the Covenant were also saved by the Forerunners.

You're Sort of Right, at the time the Rings Fired, Humanity had indeed Sort of Devolved, but Prior to this, Humanity Was Very Technologically Advanced and at War with the Forerunners for a Very long time.

As for Halo 4, You can almost bet you will see the few Remaining Spartans.

The "Portal" in the Halo 4 Trailer is similar to the Portal at the End of the Ghost of Onyx. The Planet Onyx was a Shield World, which when Activated by the Partial Activation of Installation 04(Halo: Combat Evolved), opened a portal into a Micro-Dyson Sphere(Artificial inverse Planet, in an Alternate Slipspace Dimension) that was Originally Designed by the Forerunners to Escape the Firing of the Halos. Thats Where Kelly, Fred and the Other Remaining Spartans are, along with Dr. Halsey, and Chief Mendez. They Fought to Keep the Covenant out of the Portal, with Kurt-051 Sacrificing himself an Destroying the Entire planet after ordering the Others through the Portal.

The Chief and Cortana were also seen orbiting above a Forerunner Shield World, so its safe to say that the Portal is Very Similar, and they look to be Heading into that portal, in which they Will eventually Find the Rest of the Spartans and Dr. Halsey, Fight Some new Adversary, probably something older than the Flood itself, and then Fight for a way out of the Micro-Dyson Sphere.

Edited by ZingZitang

I've read Cryptum cover to cover a couple dozen times and have it memorized by heart (as I do all of the books, comics, and videos.) I do believe that the new games will be leaning towards the themes that the books are following.

Based on the storyline of the 3 primary games in the series as well as the sheer amount of focus and Importance placed onto them, I believe the Flood are the singular most important element in the Halo Universe. They're the Yuuzhan Vong and Reapers of the Halo series. Intergalactic lifeforms that are driven to, and quite capable of, destroying entire galaxies. The forerunner fell into Extinction because they could not contain the spread of the Flood. As they continued to lose more and more worlds to the creatures, they eventually created the Halo installations as their last resort and n the end were forced to use them.

That alone tells us that the Flood is, for a fact, free and it will not be stopped by merely killing the Gravemind and destroying Halo and the Ark. That tells me that the Flood will continue to be an important element in the series and will probably be the primary enemy in the new trilogy.

That's not to say there won't be other enemies in the series though. The Forerunner, though likely to be your allies moreso than enemies, do still have a history with humanity. There's also the issue of the fact that we destroyed a Halo installation twice as well as the Ark being used to rebuild them. The covenant, although in shambles, do still exist as individual races as well and it seems likely that the Brutes could still play a role and may even possess the ability to maintain legions of grunts, jackals, drones, and hunters; However, the game takes place (I believe) outside of the Milky Way galaxy. Whether we're in Dark Space or another Galaxy is left to be decided, but all I can say is that when the portal closed with half of the ship still inside, the half trapped in this [slipspace] portal could have very well ended up anywhere in the universe, likely being a place that the Forerunner managed to access perhaps as a means of surviving the Halo destruction and thus eliminating the need for the Shield Worlds (which would explain why the 2 known shield worlds in the Halo universe have been completely empty. This could easily eliminate any lack of Covenant involvement in a potentially Forerunner/Flood-centric trilogy.

If the series does manage to get back into the Milky Way galaxy, perhaps some quiet, far-off corner that Humanity isn't familiar with, than that would give us the option of Covenant involvement, S-III and S-II Blue Team involvement (remember they're trapped in a shield world ) and Spirit of Fire involvement (they're drifting in Space, but Serena said her sensor detected something just as the game came to an end.)

This ties up the loose ends of 3 different story plots and potentially puts them back on one path, especially as they all work together for a similar purpose. John is the Master Chief and he gets Fred, Kelly, Linda, Alice, Douglas, and Jerome, all of the current survivors from the S-II program, as well as the S-III's Tom, Lucy, Ash, Mark, Olivia, as well as Team Katana of Gamma Company (they're currently contained inside Slipspace Pods and unable to be removed at the moment.) Than having the Spirit of Fire would give the Spartans the ability to maneuver through space and do whatever it is they need to complete their mission and go home (with the assistance of the Forerunner or possibly Engineers in the rebuilding of their Shaw-Fujikawa Mass Slipspace generator.

I doubt there will be any covenant and if there is, then they'll be pretty weak, I think this because they're stearing from purple and the main source of purple is the covenant, so The Flood, disorientated Covenant and something new, I really need to play the original games and then Halo 3 again :) I don't care much for Reach because it was kinda boring.

I've read Cryptum cover to cover a couple dozen times and have it memorized by heart (as I do all of the books, comics, and videos.) I do believe that the new games will be leaning towards the themes that the books are following.

Based on the storyline of the 3 primary games in the series as well as the sheer amount of focus and Importance placed onto them, I believe the Flood are the singular most important element in the Halo Universe. They're the Yuuzhan Vong and Reapers of the Halo series. Intergalactic lifeforms that are driven to, and quite capable of, destroying entire galaxies. The forerunner fell into Extinction because they could not contain the spread of the Flood. As they continued to lose more and more worlds to the creatures, they eventually created the Halo installations as their last resort and n the end were forced to use them.

That alone tells us that the Flood is, for a fact, free and it will not be stopped by merely killing the Gravemind and destroying Halo and the Ark. That tells me that the Flood will continue to be an important element in the series and will probably be the primary enemy in the new trilogy.

That's not to say there won't be other enemies in the series though. The Forerunner, though likely to be your allies moreso than enemies, do still have a history with humanity. There's also the issue of the fact that we destroyed a Halo installation twice as well as the Ark being used to rebuild them. The covenant, although in shambles, do still exist as individual races as well and it seems likely that the Brutes could still play a role and may even possess the ability to maintain legions of grunts, jackals, drones, and hunters; However, the game takes place (I believe) outside of the Milky Way galaxy. Whether we're in Dark Space or another Galaxy is left to be decided, but all I can say is that when the portal closed with half of the ship still inside, the half trapped in this [slipspace] portal could have very well ended up anywhere in the universe, likely being a place that the Forerunner managed to access perhaps as a means of surviving the Halo destruction and thus eliminating the need for the Shield Worlds (which would explain why the 2 known shield worlds in the Halo universe have been completely empty. This could easily eliminate any lack of Covenant involvement in a potentially Forerunner/Flood-centric trilogy.

If the series does manage to get back into the Milky Way galaxy, perhaps some quiet, far-off corner that Humanity isn't familiar with, than that would give us the option of Covenant involvement, S-III and S-II Blue Team involvement (remember they're trapped in a shield world ) and Spirit of Fire involvement (they're drifting in Space, but Serena said her sensor detected something just as the game came to an end.)

This ties up the loose ends of 3 different story plots and potentially puts them back on one path, especially as they all work together for a similar purpose. John is the Master Chief and he gets Fred, Kelly, Linda, Alice, Douglas, and Jerome, all of the current survivors from the S-II program, as well as the S-III's Tom, Lucy, Ash, Mark, Olivia, as well as Team Katana of Gamma Company (they're currently contained inside Slipspace Pods and unable to be removed at the moment.) Than having the Spirit of Fire would give the Spartans the ability to maneuver through space and do whatever it is they need to complete their mission and go home (with the assistance of the Forerunner or possibly Engineers in the rebuilding of their Shaw-Fujikawa Mass Slipspace generator.

I like your Theory,(probably because its pretty similar to mine!). I think the possibility of Forerunner Survivors inside the Micro Dyson Sphere is Very likely, and unfortunately your right, the Flood isn't so Easily Defeated.

While there are obvious differences between the Slipspace portal at the Core of Onyx, and the portal that is now in the place of the planet the Chief and Cortana were orbitting(There can be no doubt that they were orbiting an Artificial Forerunner Planet. A Shield World Mabye.). The portal they are now hurtling towards must be a slipspace portal to the Micro Dyson Sphere, where Blue Team, Dr Halsey, Mendez, and the Spartan III's are.

I surmise that the differences are inconsequential. Maybe this particular Shield world was different? Or Malfunctioned? Or maybe it wasn't a Shield world per se, We have only seen two of them After all.

One Question though, and tell me if I'm wrong, but Halo Wars Takes Place 20 Years before Halo 1 - 3. So when Serena tells Captain Cutter to wake up, Because "Somethings happened", Could it really correspond with the Ending of Halo 3?

It never says there was such a great passage of time, although it could be assumed. And it would make things very, very interesting. Spartan III's, Blue Team, Red Team, Dr. Halsey, Chief Mendez, and John and Cortana! With possible Forerunner Survivors? That would be an Amazing Story.

Then you sir, are retarded.

WIN!

P.S. Did anyone Notice Cortana's new look? I know we only saw her for a split second, but she didn't look Quite as Sexy. Lets hope thats not the Case.

One Question though, and tell me if I'm wrong, but Halo Wars Takes Place 20 Years before Halo 1 - 3. So when Serena tells Captain Cutter to wake up, Because "Somethings happened", Could it really correspond with the Ending of Halo 3?

It never says there was such a great passage of time, although it could be assumed. And it would make things very, very interesting. Spartan III's, Blue Team, Red Team, Dr. Halsey, Chief Mendez, and John and Cortana! With possible Forerunner Survivors? That would be an Amazing Story.

Most of the Spirit's crew was in cryo so ya it's possible that 20 or more years could have passed. Thinking of how long it takes our space probes to reach the edge of our solar system I'd imagine it would have to take decades for the Spirit to run into anything meaningful.

I'd guess the reason they didn't specify how long it has been was for this exact reason, they could decide later on how to tie in their story with the rest of the Halo universe.

I like your Theory,(probably because its pretty similar to mine!). I think the possibility of Forerunner Survivors inside the Micro Dyson Sphere is Very likely, and unfortunately your right, the Flood isn't so Easily Defeated.

While there are obvious differences between the Slipspace portal at the Core of Onyx, and the portal that is now in the place of the planet the Chief and Cortana were orbitting(There can be no doubt that they were orbiting an Artificial Forerunner Planet. A Shield World Mabye.). The portal they are now hurtling towards must be a slipspace portal to the Micro Dyson Sphere, where Blue Team, Dr Halsey, Mendez, and the Spartan III's are.

I surmise that the differences are inconsequential. Maybe this particular Shield world was different? Or Malfunctioned? Or maybe it wasn't a Shield world per se, We have only seen two of them After all.

WIN!

P.S. Did anyone Notice Cortana's new look? I know we only saw her for a split second, but she didn't look Quite as Sexy. Lets hope thats not the Case.

Ya I saw that too :( and she was being voiced by somebody else I think!

I'd guess the reason they didn't specify how long it has been was for this exact reason, they could decide later on how to tie in their story with the rest of the Halo universe.

Thats a very good point.

Ya I saw that too :( and she was being voiced by somebody else I think!
I thought she still Sounded Like Jen Taylor. But there is so little to listen to its hard to tell.

Thats a very good point.

I thought she still Sounded Like Jen Taylor. But there is so little to listen to its hard to tell.

Ya you could very well be right all we really heard her say was "Chief" and it sounded kinda like her so it might be.