'Nicholson Electroplating' 100% Case Guide

Explosion Site

As you arrive in the ash covered streets an officer will tell you to stop the looters. One will shoot at you.

Subdue the Looters

Chase the looters until you shoot them. Easy enough.

Investigate Explosion Site

As you walk in, another explosion will be seen. Talk with your old partner and the coroner to learn the details. Inspect the three bodies near the coroner.
Follow down the left path to the officer.

1 - Laundry Tag: inspect the piece of cloth

Trace Address for Superior Laundry

Don't worry about that yet. There's still lots to do here. Follow this path to the end and inspect the locker.

2 - Espionage: inside locker suitcase

3 - Spy Camera: inside locker suitcase

Don't forget to inspect the blue business card and inspect the small golden item before moving on.

4 - Undeciphered Message: inspect the piece of paper

Now use the cipher on the right of the paper.

1. Turn outer ring to "H"

2. Turn inner ring to "K"

3. Turn outer ring again to letters K-S-B-O-J-L-K-Q-X-S-B

4. 133 North Vermont Ave

5 - Clue Updated "Deciphered Message"

Investigate Deciphered Address

Follow back to the split and go left. Take this path to the end and inspect the pieces of metal beside the officer. Another puzzle
. Turn the metal to make it read "P&W WASP MAJOR R-4360"

6 - Airplane Part

Achievement Unlocked: The Nose Knows

When you return to your car you will meet a man. Fred Nicholson

Fred Nicholson

Nicholson plant explosion: Doubt

Whereabouts of Okamoto: Lie / Spy Camera

Whereabouts of McLellan: Doubt

After leaving in your car, drive around until you find a phone to use and trace the address of Superior Laundry, then drive there.

Investigate Superior Laundry Services

Superior Laundry Services

Walk in and talk to the man behind the counter. He will direct you to their ledger. On the second page, tap the listing "J2620, Oscar Hangstrom". Make sure to use the phone before you leave to get the address you need, but don't drive there yet. Go to the Deciphered Address.

Deciphered Address

Inspect the mailboxes as you arrive to learn that Tomoko Okamoto's apartment is #1. Go upstairs, turn right and go in the first door. Inspect the fridge to find a frozen body. Inspect his head to learn that he was shot point blank.

7 - Wristwatch: inspect the victim's right hand

8 - Ring: inspect the victim's left hand

Go over to the fireplace and inspect the left corner.

9 - Tie Pin: small metal piece to left of fireplace

Go into the bedroom and inspect the shelves beside the sink

10 - Microfilm: inspect the small golden item on the shelf

Achievement Unlocked: Skeletons in the Ice Box

Use the phone before you leave.

11 - Clue Updated "Prop Spinner"

Investigate Hughes Aircraft

Hughes Aircraft

As you arrive the two MP will deny you access, but a friend of Biggs will show up and get you in. Follow him into the warehouse and ask him some questions.

Venon Mapes

Nicholson plant explosion: Doubt

Knowledge of Okamoto: Doubt

Knowledge of McLellan: Lie / Prop Spinner

After asking your questions, take the stairs and go into the office. Inspect both pictures on the desk at the far end.

12 - Photograph: inspect left picture

Go back downstairs and to the far end where the mechanic is working on the engines to learn that they coat the metal in Linseed Oil. Go across the other end and check beside the stairs into the aircraft.

13 - Linseed Oil: big blue barrels beside stairs

Head inside the aircraft and use the ladder on the right

14 - Nagivation Note: on map to right just after using ladder

Next, use the machine nearby. Use the left stick to input the latitude 2415 and the right stick to input the longtitude 7600.

15 - Bahamas

Leave the warehouse and drive to the Wilshire Station.

Wilshire Police Station

Enter the station and speak with the officer at the front desk to find Pinker wants to speak with you downstairs in Technical Services. Head down and speak with him.

Investigate Tech Services

Zoom in on each picture to learn more of the case.

1. Man in the second picture

2. Second picture

3. Third picture

4. Man in the fourth picture

5. Man and woman in fifth picture

Investigate House in Photograph

After inspection, Pinker will have an experiment set up for you that involves chemicals.

1. Linseed Oil

2. Perchloric Acid

3. Acetic Anhydride

After learning that these three chemicals can cause a nice explosion, there is another clue to be found. On the other side of the desk where you looked at the photos, a sample of the microfilm will be waiting. Zoom in to find out that it is a patent.

16 - Aluminum Polishing Patent

Now you can leave for the House in Photograph.

House in Photograph (3941 West Second Street)

As you arrive, you notice the front door is open. Enter and inspect the two stains on the carpet. then the table across from the bed. Inspect the ticket and the passport on the table. Afterwards, a molotov will be tossed into the house. Shoot the propane tank beside the stove in the kitchen to make your escape. You find Mapes outside.

Pursue Vernon Mapes

If you pursue him the entire length of your trip without failing you will earn an achievement. After chasing him for a while, some MP vehicles will start showing up and you need to take them out while still following Mapes. He will take lots of shortcuts through crowded areas and back alleys.

Achievement Unlocked: Out of the Frying Pan

As you arrive at the aircraft warehouse, there will be a shootout with the MP. If you shoot the two drivers of the cars that will pull up before they stop you will earn another achievement. This can be quite tricky to do. The first car that shows up does not count. After killing a few enemies quickly get close to that first car and turn left. The first car that is tied to the achievement shows up. Turn 180 degrees for the second car.

Achievement Unlocked: Bulletproof Windshield

Shoot your way into the warehouse and take out all the goons inside.

Edited by II OE II

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You made some great guides for this game so far but I don't think Admin likes it when people pre-post guide threads in advance. Especially considering the DLC isn't being released for 2 more weeks.

If the admins had a prob they would have locked or deleted it till then. so for all we know he is in good standing.

If the admins had a prob they would have locked or deleted it till then. so for all we know he is in good standing.

standing has nothing to do with it. It is posted in the rules of the site about guides. The only reason it didn't get locked is because they have not been very active the past year with the forums. Anyway, It doesn't bother me, I was just giving him a heads-up in case it did get deleted.

standing has nothing to do with it. It is posted in the rules of the site about guides. The only reason it didn't get locked is because they have not been very active the past year with the forums. Anyway, It doesn't bother me, I was just giving him a heads-up in case it did get deleted.

The Mods are plenty active...one or 2 of them check this forum everyday... OE has been making good guides left and right...so i doubt they would close it now with the release right around the corner. people actually reserve spots early alot more often these days hence why nothing has happened to this one. they were kind enough to let it stay regardless of the rules.

with that said.. there's no need for me to post in this thread again till his guide is finished.

Edited by Annalie

The Mods are plenty active...one or 2 of them check this forum everyday... OE has been making good guides left and right...so i doubt they would close it now with the release right around the corner. people actually reserve spots early alot more often these days hence why nothing has happened to this one. they were kind enough to let it stay regardless of the rules.

with that said.. there's no need for me to post in this thread again till his guide is finished.

And how do you know that?? If that was true they would be locking all of the duplicate threads that keep popping up....just like they used to do. Anyway, if you didn't notice, my first post was over a week ago....when it wasn't 'right around the corner' at the time. Anyway, this is turning into something I didn't intend. I was just giving him a heads up like I said. No need to slam me for it. I am well aware of how good his other guides are as I used them myself. I wasn't jumping down his throat, I simply let him know it was a TAD early. There is plenty of room on this forum for him to have just added this thread a couple days before release.

HERE IS THE ANSWER, SORRY OE, ME 1st

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpMA4lFHwTU]YouTube - ‪L.A Noire Nicholson Electroplating Complete Walkthrough and Achievements‬‏[/ame]

100% should be easy.

Questions

Nicholson

1st question is - Doubt

2nd question is - Lie - Camera

3rd question is - Doubt

Vernon

1st question is - Doubt

2nd question is - Doubt

3rd question is - Lie - Prop Spinner

Clues

Nicholson Place

1) Airplane Part - Where path splits go right, then right again

2) Laundry Tag - Where path splits

3) Camera & Espionage - Where path splits go left, in a case along with.....

4) Sypher, also in the case (Select H on top dial - K on Inner then select letters on paper by turning outer dial to KSBOJLKQXSB) for an address.

NOTE - Be sure to pick up the gold item from the case before you leave, you need it later

Deciphered Address

ON BODY:

Ring - On dead body left hand

Watch - On right wrist

CHECK Head-Achievement Unlocked

5) Police retirement badge - In front of fireplace on the floor

6) Microfilm - Pickup the gold item in the small sideroom

Hughes Base

7) Lineseed Oil - Entrance to the plane next to steps

8) Navigation Note - Inside the plane, up a ladder

9) Bahamas - Use Navigation Machine

10) Photograph - In the office

HANGERS-Prop Spinners

Go See Pinker

Photos-ALL Of Them, not the 1st photo

Bottles-in this order: linseed oil, perchloric acid, and etic anhydride, watch what happens.

House from the Photograph-stain on the gray floor, times 2

bedroom-trans world airlines, passport

Edited by DanielH

as to everyone wondering about a few things:

1. If the mods closed and deleted the thread, that's fine with me, i could just rebuild it. I leave it as a reminder to myself to get it finished. Also, after thinking it over a lot i will agree that i shouldn't have reserved the slots so far ahead. Sorry, will try to not to this in the future.

2. I also don't mind that other people have posted information on the case in here, but i feel its rather lacking in information

IE: (Question 1: doubt) questions can appear out of order due to clue collection

3. As soon as i can get my download of this DLC working, i will be doing a guide for it. (getting error code atm)

Edited by II OE II

Warning: This DOES include Spoilers, I typed as I was playing.

Also: 15/16 clues. Not sure where the last one is... Music stopped playing at each location, but end result was 15/16. :confused:

This is a a quick set of directions and find locations of items/clues/people and all the achievements. I let my partner drive, everytime and got all achievements as well.

---

Story starts, building goes BOOM. When you get there go forward and to the left. Partway down, on some rubble will be a burned piece of a shirt. View the Shirt piece. New Location: Superior Laundry (?), Clue: Laundry Tag, and Objective: Trace Address for Tag.

Continue to the left and a cop will yell for a detective. Stop at the locker lying on the ground.

Find: Clue: Spy Camera, Espionage, (earring will be placed in Phelp's pocket - don't forget this!)

Person: Okamoto

Clue: Undeciphered Message. Change the inside ring Left or Right until the outside Ring is H and the inside ring is K. Move the outside ring to match each letter in circled part of the newspaper on your left. New Objective: Investigate Deciphered Address.

Leave the locker and continue going left, past a gold item and a shoe. Keep going until an officer says "I found something!"

THE NOSE KNOWS (20) ACHIEVEMENT: You will see 2 silver "bowls" on the ground. Pick the bottom/right one up and use the analog stick to move the top piece until your controller shakes and the words line up. Ding! 20 points. Clue: Airplane Part

At this point the music should stop. Try to head back to your car and get stopped by Fred Nicholson Interview: Explosion - Doubt, Okamato - LIE (Spy Camera or Espionage), McLellen - Doubt.

Get in your car and go to Deciphered address from earlier. Find a Blue phone once you are there and call in. Get: Army called about the plane part, and Location: Superior Laundry (the ? disappears since you now have a street address for this location). Stop at the bottom of the stairs at the mailbox: Clue: Okamoto's address go up the stairs and it's the 1st door on the right.

SKELETONS IN THE ICEBOX (20) ACHIEVEMENT:Check the Fridge: Body (POI: John Doe). Turn his head to the right, his left arm to the right Clue: ring, and his right arm to see the Clue: wristwatch.

In front of the Fireplace: Clue: tie pin (gold, retired police department). I looked at the blood on the floor, not sure if you need this or not. Walk into the bedroom, next to the sink, Gold Earring, click this to get: Clue: microfilm.

Leave and go to Superior Laundry Services. After the dude is extra helpful...:rolleyes:... open the ledger with A. Find J2620 and Click on Oscar Hangstrom.

Note: There is a phone in the Laundromat, but you can't hear the call, you can use this... or... walk accross the street and use the Blue Police Phone Well.

They identified the Airplane Part, Objective: Investigate Hughes Aircraft, Clue: Prop Spinner.

HUGHES AIRCRAFT

Vernon Mapes (Person of Interest) lets you in. Follow him to the right, it's not far. Park your car and Follow Mapes inside the building.

Vernon Mapes Interview: Explosion - Doubt, Okamato - Doubt, McLellen - LIE - Prop Spinner

Front of the plane, next to stairs leading into the plane: Clue: Linseed Oil (barrels) Right Side of the Plane Engine with the cover on it, walk near the mechanic to examine it. Go into the plane and up the stairs. Immidiately on your right, on the bullitan board is Clue: Navigation Note West - 46*, North 24*15" - Location - Bahamas. To get "Bahamas" use the navigation machine in this room. Simply use the analog sticks to get the right coordinates (or close to it, I had 46.02 and 24*16" and still got it.

Go to the building above your entrance. There is a desk with 2 pictures. Click both pictures. The Right Pictures gives you Location: Unknown Address and the Left picture gives you Clue: Photograph

Leave and go to the Wilshire Police Station. Talk to the officer at the Front desk and he directs you downstairs to Tech Services. Head downstairs. Talk to the Tech guy. Look at the Photos. Look at each Photo, zooming in when needed. 2nd Photo - Lockheed Employee (Person of Interest), Last Photo Location: House in Photograph as well as Objective: Investigate House in Photograph.

Go to.... House in Photograph. Walk inside and view the 2 gas stains on the floor and walk toward the bed. At the foot of the bed on the dresser are 2 items. A ticket and a passport. Keep clicking A to Investigate the passport until you see a picture.

At this point, a Moltov is thrown in the house and you need to get OUT or DIE. Turn around and look to the right of the stove, shoot the little gas canister to blow a hole in the wall into the next apartment. Run into this other apartment to the far wall. Your partner will open a window (Evidently Phelps is too stupid to open a window), go out the window to see...

Vernon Mapes running to his car, chase him..

OUT OF THE FRYING PAN (20) ACHIEVEMENT

For me, I went with a more conservative/safer method of driving. I didn't go top speed, slowed down whenever I needed to and still followed him enough to get the achievement. Part way through I had an Army Car (the green ones with white stars on the side) begin to help Mapes by shooting at me, just ram him into oncoming traffic and keep going. A short while later a 2nd Army car tries the same thing... do the same thing - ram them into oncoming traffic, or even parked traffic... just keep following Mapes! The Chase ends at Hughes Airport.

Warning: This battle right after the chase is the one for:

BULLETPROOF WINDSHIELD (20) ACHIEVEMENT

My method is listed below and worked both times (yes I replayed the game to this point again to try this... and it worked both times) - I set Aim Assist on HIGH and Aim Sensitivity to the Right.

Edit: If you don't get the achievement within the first 2-3 cars that show up, stand there and get shot to death. You will start over again right at the beginning of the battle and can still get the achievement since it does not have to be done without dying or "on your first try" like following Mapes.

Immediately run to the trunk of MY car, take out a machine gun, run back to take cover with my car (keeping my car between ME and the enemy). Take out the enemy on the left side of the airport. Wait, yes... wait. An MP car came driving down the street. I left cover and stood in the street (yes taking shots from the enemy) - auto lock on the car and fire - slightly move left and right with the auto-aim and you should hit the driver. This next part I did quickly, popping in and out of cover I killed a few guys in the actual base and ran in to take cover at the 1st car inside the base. when I saw the red car icon I waited a second or two, left cover, fired a shot or two at the enemies and then... turned toward the car (again taking shots) aim at the car - auto aim locks in... move left and right a little... and DING! Achievement Unlocked. Immediately take cover and take out, at your own pace the rest of the army guys outside the hanger.

When you are ready enter the same hanger you went into earlier with Mapes. TAKE COVER! This will be a rather large battle so be care ful, stay in cover and keep popping out to hit enemies. Move from cover to cover as the enemies move to get a good shot at them. The final enemy will be a machine gunner on the top of a building on the far side of the hanger. Note: If you explored earlier you found 2 gold doors you could NOT open, here is where they open. On the right side of the building the gunner is on top of you will see stairs, move cover to cover to the right side, your partner will keep him busy while you go up the stairs and into the door. Go through the room and out the other door. You should now be almost directly underneath the gunner. Upon leaving the door turn right and you will see a wall, roughly your height, run up to... and then on top of this wall... it's the top of the building next to you. Immidiately turn right an run along the wall a little ways before climbing on this wall. You should now be on the roof with the gunner, who's laying down... looking at your partner.

Shoot this guy in the back, watch the cut-scene and enjoy.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: THE BIG UNFRIENDLY (20)

Edited by Phreaque1977

I only seem to have a shotgun in my trunk :(

Not sure what to tell you, I've had the machine gun for a while. You might be able to try it with the handgun since distance would be better, but the 1 bullet at a time makes it harder then a big spray from a machine gun.