Games with glitched Achievements?

eastx

I wrote this article at WPCentral about WP7 games with Broken Achievements. It's semi-up-to-date except that I won't be adding news games to it. Rather I'll do a second article in the future. But for now, here's a list that should be accurate.

Games with glitched Achievements:

• Brain Challenge
  • Bug Village (Level 25 Achievement glitched for some)
  • Crackdown: Project Sunburst (now delisted)
  • Deer Hunter
  • Fusion: Sentient
  • MiniSquadron
  • Let's Golf 2
  • Revolution

Honorable mentions (Achievement doesn't match the description/requires extra steps)

• Bubble Town 2
  • Oregon Trail
  • Pocket God
  • Pac-Man CE DX
  • Super Monkey Ball

Games whose glitched Achievements have been fixed and now work perfectly:

• Battlewagon
  • Doodle Jump
  • Enigmo
  • Farm Frenzy 2
  • Gravity Guy (2 Achievements were unattainable until the version 1.1 update debuted)
  • Hasta la Muerte
  • I Dig It
  • More Brain Exercise
  • Rise of Glory
  • The Sims 3
  • TextTwist 2

Games which require an active internet connection to view or earn Achievements:

• Frogger
  • Fusion: Sentient
  • Need for Speed: Underground
  • Puzzle Quest 2 (can be viewed offline, but won't unlock until you get online)

Edited by eastx

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for crackdown 2 having wrote the guide for it... I've noticed that the main reason why people cant unlock most of the achievements is because they are using 3G internet instead of wi-fi to unlock them so sometimes it doesnt register.

Also sometimes they dont have friends with a actualy windows phone or with the game so their friends list wont show unless they have a friend.

But I cant confirm either way because I havnt played the game since I finished it...

I have noticed that sometimes, for WP7 games, the achievement descriptions read differently when viewed on a 360, as opposed to when viewed on the phone. For example, for the gold medal achievement for Hydro Thunder, when I looked at it on my 360, the description actually mentions the need for it to be done with an expert boat. I have not unlocked the achievement, so it was not down to that. I have also seen this with other games, but cannot remember which ones, sorry. Doubtless this makes things more difficult.

Also, may I suggest another section for buggy games, even if the achievements are unaffected? Glow Artisan crashes constantly for me, for example.

And finally... Fruit Ninja is famous for achievements not unlocking. I have all of the other 'fruit killing' achievements, but not the one for 150!

This game has never crashed for me, HTC HD7.

Hey man!

Hmmmm. I have a HTC HD7 too. The game doesn't seem to have a reputation for crashing, either. Maybe I should try a re-install. Very odd. I seriously cannot play it at all, it crashes out so often. Might just be me, this one, then.

I am right about Fruit Ninja though! :p

Kinda debating including games in which Achievements unlock for some people but not others (which would include More Brain Training too). I have to limit the scope of the article lest it gets too large and unwieldy.

I thought of another game with definitively glitched Achievements though: Brain Challenge.

Kinda debating including games in which Achievements unlock for some people but not others (which would include More Brain Training too). I have to limit the scope of the article lest it gets too large and unwieldy.

I thought of another game with definitively glitched Achievements though: Brain Challenge.

I think you should include any game that has a number of people reporting a glitched achievement(s). I have a total of 7 games that have glitched on me with 3 of them being games where others have the full 200 so it can't be just coincidence on my part.

Here's the article:

Broken Xbox Live Achievements on Windows Phone

Hope you like it!

I did consider Fruit Ninja but the article got really long already. Somebody pointed out its issues in the comments section though.

Excellent theard, I hope these games get patched sooner rather then later, and also that the thread gets updated with new games with similar problems.

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the suggestion, Master Shake! I updated the OP. Let me know if I missed anything.

NP dude, can anyone confirm that you need to be online to achieve in NFS?

Games which require an active internet connection to view or earn Achievements

Not sure if it should go here but when I try check my Fruit Ninja achievements without being connected to live it says no.

• 1 month later...

iBlast Moki needs an active connection (Unless it's patched). Back when it was first released I bought it played it a bit and got 3 achievements whilst connected to my homes WiFi. Went to work and on my dinner break completed the first two worlds. The achievements popped but they didn't appear on my gamercard. Since I forgot to enable 3G.

The upside tho is once you complete a level, your 'Mokis' are still in the same place.

• 3 weeks later...
ChiliD, do you have any tips for beating Advanced Speed in Minesweeper? I can't even get close. I'm running EMP and Slow Time

If you don't mind a little creative methods of achievement earning (Read: "Cheating") this is how I did it:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a153529/the-world-is-safe-for-now-achievement.htm?showguides=1

Fusion Sentient needs an active internet connection to view achievements and in the achievement guide for Castlevania you need the net to obtain achievements.

Fusion Sentient definitely doesn't need an active internet connection to view Achievements. I just tested that after reading your comment...

As for Castlevania, I don't think that's correct but someone will need to test it out. I already have all the Achievements.

• 2 weeks later...