Theory

Epic Awesomeness

I was told to make a new thread so it can be easier to find this so here it is :)

In the menu go to extras

Then go to Vehicle showroom

Go to a vehicle you haven’t driven yet

While over it press A

Then go to Cases and pick Homicide Free roam

The car you selected should be in the parking lot in front of you or around it

In my experience it worked real well with 2 door and 4 door vehicles but not service vehicles

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll test this in a bit. I need four 2 doors. I'll let you know how many I get out of 4 chances.

Edit:

Here's what I found. The OP is on to something.

I needed 4 3 door cars. #'s 7,8,13 and 25

A "try" is me pressing 'a' on the darkened car in the showcase, pressing 'b' to back out and then going to the homicide folder and selecting 'streets of LA'.

1. try for #7- nothing

2. try for #8- both #7 and #8 spawn

3. try for #13- nothing

4. try for #25- #25 spawns

So I went back to #13 and tried it again.

5. try for #13- nothing

I then went to the four doors.

6. try for #1- #1 spawns

So to test it further, I decided to press 'a' on two cars I needed before backing out. I tried #9 & #12.

7. Try for #9 and #12- #12 spawned.

8. Last try for the two door #13- nothing.

So it does work. I think that 13th car is just the only one for me right now. And you can't do more than one selection. It will only read the last car you pressed 'a' on. Also, I pressed 'a' more than once on the four doors and they still spawned.

Edited by MADasaHatter

Hmm, I clicked on number 6, and that spawned in the car park to the left. I tried it with 19 but it was a different number that spawned but I still needed.

Interesting, 24 more to go, thanks for the tips, even if it only gets me a few more!!

Hmm, I clicked on number 6, and that spawned in the car park to the left. I tried it with 19 but it was a different number that spawned but I still needed.

Interesting, 24 more to go, thanks for the tips, even if it only gets me a few more!!

It's tricky as you can tell by my tests.

I needed one of the sports cars and it wasn't spawning in the parking lot (you start free roam in front of the station so pan to your left and you'll the the lot). Only 3 cars spawn in this spot. If you walk away, they disappear. There's also a second lot to the right if you're facing the station, but only two cars spawn there.

I actually just created a traffic jam in that corner and just kept kicking people out of their cars. Someone ended up driving what i needed. I guess what I suggest is that if you can't find the car in the lot, do a the OP says and look around a bit. I know for certain though, certain cars (2 and 4 doors, and sports) won't spawn for me. But any progress is good I guess.

Definitely something credible about this theory.

In my experience:

I needed four 4-door cars left to get the achievement, #1,3,16,19.

I attempted it with car number 1 and found nothing when I went in to free roam, however a second later an AI drove the car past me! I immediately pulled them over and got the car, so maybe keep an eye on the cars that are being driven as well.

Car number 3 I found in the car park to the left of where you start.

Both these cards are meant to be found in Westlake, not Central, so it's promising to find them!

Car number 16 was behind in the sloped car park.

Car number 19 was to my left in the car park when I loaded up.

Ping, achievement unlocked!

I noticed it only worked once when I wasn't scrolling between cars (i.e. it worked when I loaded up the showroom to the locked car, pressed a then quit).

Either way, many, many thanks Epic Awesomness who lives up to his name by posting this theory, good luck to everyone else!

Edited by PhantomNemesis

I found that with those cars that aren't 'custom's' for example, clicking randomly using the A button on the cars which you haven't unlocked yet then backing out of the showroom whilst still viewing an unlocked vehicle 7 times out of 10 will give you 1 or more cars spawning that you haven't unlocked (sometimes it's the one you last landed on).

Like I said though doesn't work all the time, nice find though OP! This has helped quite a bit rather than going back and forth between cases and bloody disks! :woop:

EDIT: Laying down hard on the A button on just a single car you don't have that isn't a service or custom vehicle around 80% of the time will spawn if you back out of the showroom afterwards still on that same vehicle.

Edited by AmbaLaBamba

Genius. No idea how you figured this out, but it definitely works. Got 7 of my last 8 cars this way, all 2-Door or 4-Door.

All above observations were true for me. Several were in the lot right across from the station (usually has 3 cars). A couple were in the lot kitty-corner to that lot (usually has 2 cars). And one was being driven by a civilian as I pulled out of that second lot, crashed right into it and recognized it.

Had the same one problem as MADasahatter: 2-Door #13, the Packard Custom.

Got it, and the achievement, with the perfect tip given here:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/la-noire/108551-la-noire-vehicle-locations-guide-help-thread-w-pictures.html

" It's easily found by starting the Street Crime "Hot Property" under the Arson Desk. Immediately after the car chase starts a civilian motorist will spin sideways in the roadway."

I would add the detail that "after the car chase starts" means at the first intersection. The truck you're chasing crosses a street and enters a driveway before turning left through a yard. A civilian car coming from the right spins to avoid hitting the truck; that's the Packard.

I had 94/95 cars. I read this method, tried it, started up Arson free roam and the last one I needed was driving along the road right outside the police station. It definitely does work. It probably does load up the car model for the showroom and then spawn a duplicate when you get in the actual game, just like all Rockstar games seem to spawn the same car model as you are driving.

Also, you DON'T need to press A on the vehicle you want in the showroom. Just go to it so it is the last car loaded, then start up free roam.

I have been trying this for the past hour and it only worked with 1 of the 7 cars I needed. And the time it did work, it wasn't even the car I left it on, it was the car I tried before that car.

Update: Words eaten. I only have 1 car left using this method. In my experience, I have found the car I needed driving around more than I have found them just sitting in the lot.

Edited by Nick Is I