The Naked City 100% Case Completion Guide

leeloo

This is my first attempt at making a guide so please forgive any mistakes :) Did it mostly because the 100% Completion Guide for the main game by OE (here) was a tremendous help getting those 5 stars on replays! I was inspired by his guide and just wanted to help as I was going through this DLC for the 2nd time to finish up some cheevos. Updating the clues as I'm playing the case.

Interrogation answers I am compiling from information by previous posters as that was what I needed help with to complete this case :) Thanks to MINKISS and humor4fun from http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=310989

If you follow this exactly, you will get all clues and 5 stars (Valorous) at the end of the case.

Julia Randall's Apartment

1. Morphine- automatic

2. Morphine surette - trash can on left in middle part of hallway before going up stairs, can get it on way out

3. Possible suicide - automatic

4. Modeling job - 3 pictures on console in living room, examine all three pictures (press A to investigate further)

5. Two Suspects - examine neck and body right hand, forearm

6. Black Sapphire Ring - examine body, left hand

- Examine foot of bed, pills

7. Sleeping Pills - right side bedside table, investigate further (press A)

8. Benezedrine Prescription - as above, press A again for 2nd level

9. Men's Smoking Jacket - in bedroom, hanging on screen opposite door

*Achievement - A Good-Looking Corpse 20G *

Virginia Reynoldson

Victim's State of Mind - Lying, Sleeping Pills

Victim's Personal Life - Lying, Men's Smoking Jacket

10. Housekeeper's Statement

Relationship with Victim - Doubt

D'Assine Dress Store

Dress Store Owner

Victim's Employment History - Truth

Heather Swanson

11. Pearl Ring

Relationship with Victim - Truth

Informed of 'Mr Henderson' - Truth

Dr Stoneman's Practice

- Check list on right when entering building, Office 505

Dr Stoneman

Relationship with Victim - Lie, Benzedrine prescription

Additional medications - Doubt

- Use telephone on desk before leaving to return to morgue for a report

Hollywood Receiving Hospital

12. Murder - automatic, in cutscene

- Examine harmonica on desk, cutscene phone call

- Not necessary to examine 2 bodies

- Walk across to Police Station

Henry Arnett

Relationship with Victim - Doubt

Informed of 'Mr Henderson' - Lying, Housekeeper's Statement

Burglary Suspect LeBlanc - Doubt

- Tail Henry Arnett

* Achievement - Fakeloo 20G *

First part is driving then he will walk to the travel agency. The walking is the hard part.

This is my method -

From your car run to the car in front of you (tire on back), hide at the right corner. Once he starts walking past the alley.

#1 - Run across the main road towards the pawn shop. Run until you reach one of the shops (with a violin). Go incognito. He will look around then cross one road straight ahead before making a 90 to cross another. Let him cross to the other side of the main road and walk a bit further. Run immediately across the main road to the other side (newsstand).

#2 - Run from back of car, to the newsstand right in front i.e. stay on the same side of the main road. Tip from phazer.

Stay out line of sight as you go straight across one more road. Hide at that corner (Bargains sign). He turns right into the area with the travel agency, run up to that corner (blue-black building) and go incognito at the rotating displays of cigars. It has to be right at the angled corner or you will fail as it counts as him getting away even though you can see him. Once he's in the doorway leave and run towards it.

If you fail, quit game/dashboard then reload last save. It is before the interview with Arnett but that is preferable to redoing the whole case from the start. The game auto-saves after the chat with Roy below.

13. Train Ticket - automatic

14. Faberge cigarette case - automatic, examine further using A

- get in car, get messages to return to station and Wallis beat route

Hollywood Police Station

15. Contraband List - In the ledger scroll for 2nd entry (Faberge Cigarette Case), 3rd (Black Sapphire Ring) .. scroll down for Silver Pill Box and Pearl Ring as well to complete

Hollywood Ninth Beat

scene

Evestrom Residences

Mrs Evestrom

List of stolen items - Lie, Faberge cigarette case

Burglary Incident Report - Truth

DRIVE YOURSELF FOR THIS ACHIEVEMENT

* Achievement - Chauffeur Service 20G *

Make it to Hollywood Blvd then you're home free. Use a marker to get there. Go slow. Remember cars pull to right to make way but not at traffic lights. Give cars at traffic lights wide berths as they can go any which way. Final turn is right at Musso & Franks.

Arnett's Apartment

16. Vacheron Constantine watch - suitcase to the right of Heather and couch

Henry Arnett

Professional Burglary Ring - Lie, Faberge cigarette case

Motive for Randall Murder - Lie, Train Ticket

Identity of 'Mr Henderson' - Lie, Contraband List

Dr Stoneman's Practice

scene

- use telephone, message for new location

Willy's Apartment

scene

* Achievement - Give My Regards 20G *

shoot letters, you can only shoot suspect when he's on the platform

* Achievement - Eight Million Stories 20G *

Completed The Naked City

Edited by leeloo

Just a quick one.. your link to the interrogation answers actually leads to a topic about Seagulls... Not very helpful, but pretty funny when you read through it. lol

Also, @ Dorkzilla123, it appears you only get the third question if you get the others wrong. I was confused about this too because I got a third question first time I played the case, second time through, answered as per the guide and it didn't come up.

Edited by Prelude2disastr
Additional input, didn't want to double post.

was half way through making one of these when I saw yours :)

You need to examine the right forearm (bitemark) Left hand (black sapphire ring) and the head (neck bruise) to get the 2 suspects clue. (I tried leaving without looking at her head and didn't get the 2 suspects clue :))

The 3rd dr stoneman question that I posted in the other thread still isnt in here. I mean, its not needed to 5-star it, but technically its not complete.

The game allows you to complete a case in multiple ways. The 3rd doctor question your refering to (Fashion Modeling: doubt) only Occurs If you don't examine the back of the middle picture. It's a secondary way of discovering the D'assine Dress Store location.

Just a quick one.. your link to the interrogation answers actually leads to a topic about Seagulls... Not very helpful, but pretty funny when you read through it. lol

Also, @ Dorkzilla123, it appears you only get the third question if you get the others wrong. I was confused about this too because I got a third question first time I played the case, second time through, answered as per the guide and it didn't come up.

Lol seagulls, no idea where that came from hadn't even read such a topic. It's fixed. Thanks.

Thank you also for clarifying about the 3rd question to Dorkzilla123.

This guide is to complete the case with all clues and get 5 stars. As I did in this replay yesterday. It's not a full walkthrough but honestly I am not willing to go replay this case for the 4th time :)

was half way through making one of these when I saw yours :)

You need to examine the right forearm (bitemark) Left hand (black sapphire ring) and the head (neck bruise) to get the 2 suspects clue. (I tried leaving without looking at her head and didn't get the 2 suspects clue :))

The game allows you to complete a case in multiple ways. The 3rd doctor question your refering to (Fashion Modeling: doubt) only Occurs If you don't examine the back of the middle picture. It's a secondary way of discovering the D'assine Dress Store location.

Thanks for the additional info :)

Just to point out, for the Fakeloo achievement, if you fail because you get too much distance in between (and not because he spotted you), you'll also have to restart the case/to dashboard.

Edit// As mentioned here, I found it much easier to just hide along the side of the street you start at. Go incognito at the newspaper stand and wait for him to cross, then cross the intersection and wait behind the building. When he turns inside go incognito at the rotating cigars.

Edited by phazer

Thanks for the guide - I 100%'d the DLC last night with your help!

Used & approved! Thanks for the help!

Perfect! Everything you wrote was right on. Good job.

Glad to help :)

Where do you get the thompson and get to kill someone with it in this mission. Great mission guide & comments

I don't have that pre-order bonus so can't help out with that.

Guide works 100%! Cheers!

For tailing Henry on foot, I just stayed walking on the left hand side all the way and when he turns into the side alley part next to the Tobbaconist' shop, I just ran over the road then walked to the stationary red dot.

Job done.

I belive getting the * Achievement - Give My Regards 20G * stops you from getting 5 star due to damages?

It didn't for me as I did the case while writing this guide. 5 stars + all achievements. Usually not getting 5 stars is because of damages to the city while driving, incorrect interrogation or missing clues.