How I fixed my glitched DLC achievements

ANIM4L

Ok, first and foremost let me rant a little about how much EA sucks, this game came out months ago and there is still no patch available and no word on its release. It's not a microsoft problem either... EA it's your damn game!

Now that I got that out of my system, let me make this clear I am not taking any credit for the method on how to do this. I am however taking credit for applying and testing its use for this game.

***Note: Please make sure you have all of the other "obtainable" achievements before you do this. I made the mistake of doing this before I got the Beast achievement and now have to start from scratch.

This was tested on a 360 Elite, with a 256MB MU and 2GB USB thumb drive. I did not have a HDD connected on my 360. (Not sure if that makes a difference but I figured I might mention it.)

Now these following steps will walk you through how to reset your stats for this game that are tied into your XBOX 360 Profile. This will not affect any of your other games, so no worries.

1.)Move your current profile onto your USB thumb drive. Along with your saves and DLC for this game. (Again, not sure if this makes a difference but I'm letting you know exactly what I did.)

2.)Clear your system cache. (Please google how to do this, if you don't know how.)

3.)Load up Army of Two 40th Day, as the EA logo appears, remove the USB thumb drive from your XBOX. You'll now see a message saying to reinsert the memory device, ignore this.

4.)Now start a new solo campaign, just before you select a new save to start the game (which in my case was on my MU) reinsert the thumb drive. Make sure to hit the Home button to check to see if your profile has reloaded.

5.)Now start the game. If everything worked accordingly, when your in your new game press start, and check your statistics everything should read 0. If it doesn't you did something wrong.

6.)If the above step worked, reconnect to XBOX Live and download the update for the game.

*** It's being reported that some are having issues with this step. If there are any issues, back out to the dashboard, then reload the game and accept the update.

7.)Now select your USB thumb drive with your saves, as your save device. Start the campaign, select a completed save, and replay the DLC to unlock any previously glitched achievements.

EDIT: Thanks to Son of Kyuss, for testing with a Slim 360 and HDD.

Edited by ANIM4L
Updated information

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my lordy, if this works I'll flip out like a child on Christmas. I wrote this off as one of those games I'll never 100% because of a stupid glitch thanks to EA not throughly testing their stuff.

I'll try this tomorrow and report back if I was successful.

EDIT: This method is actually similar to what the PS3 owners had to do to unlock their glitched trophies for the CoD DLC. They needed to clear their stats completely before being able to unlock them.

Edited by Son of Kyuss

This USB method is now very useful for glitched games.

I think that it might work even for Dark Void and other games that saves things in your profile and glitch!

Very nice find, so at the end we, gamers, are better to fix stuff instead of the lazy developers :p

Glad to hear it is working. I just want to know one thing. How the **** did you figure this out?!?! I don't know many people (actually nobody) pulling out usb drive from their xbox just because. Either way great job! May hold on to this technique for future uses

Had to do something similar for sniper: ghost warrior, and had mentioned what I did to a friend who said he had to do something similar for C&C3, so I figured what the hell can't really hurt (other than starting from scratch on The Beast) so I gave it a try.

I can't being to tell you what it felt like when they started unlocking!:woop:

Say thanks with 5 stars and a sticky, because your all very welcome.:drunk

Just want to thank everyone on the X360A forums you guys are the best, glad I was able to help you all out.

Edited by ANIM4L

Worked perfectly for me, Paging Dr. Wu popped up, as it always should've, going down the elevator.

I did this on a Slim console and I didn't have to take out my harddrive. You don't really have to disconnect your internet since declining the update after clearing your cache will put you offline anyways and the EA logo remains on screen for quite some time. Still, it's hard to believe I can finally get 1250 now!

Thanks again for finally discovering a way to unlock the achievements.

Worked perfectly for me, Paging Dr. Wu popped up, as it always should've, going down the elevator.

I did this on a Slim console and I didn't have to take out my harddrive. You don't really have to disconnect your internet since declining the update after clearing your cache will put you offline anyways and the EA logo remains on screen for quite some time. Still, it's hard to believe I can finally get 1250 now!

Thanks again for finally discovering a way to unlock the achievements.

Glad it worked for you. Thanks for testing it out on the slim. The whole hard drive and internet thing was what my buddy had told me to do, since he had to to it for C&C3. I'll adjust my walk through when I get home, thanks again for the info.

Oh, my God! I need to stop working, go home and try this! And name my first offspring Anim4l, if I ever have children.

Thanks mate!

Son of Kyuss, since I also have a slim model, I'd like to ask you about how you adapted the process. Did you do something significantly different from the process Anim4l details in his post?

Thanks again!

Edited by Acheru
Over excited reply

Great find and I will try it, but one question do you need to have all of the original achievements to do this? I don't have 100% on the first 1000 just want to see. Thanks.

Edited by The fake chow
Sorry I read it one more time and it says to have all original achievements. Thanks again for the find.

Son of Kyuss, since I also have a slim model, I'd like to ask you about how you adapted the process. Did you do something significantly different from the process Anim4l details in his post?

Nope I followed it exactly without disconnecting the internet (since you'll get disconnected once you clear your system's cache) and taking out my harddrive (since I was too lazy too)

Great find and I will try it, but one question do you need to have all of the original achievements to do this? I don't have 100% on the first 1000 just want to see. Thanks.

I would recommend getting them before you do this, as I mention in the walkthrough this will reset all stats to 0, I'm almost sure this applies to the MP achievements, i.e. getting a kill with all of the weapons, though I don't think MP has a menu to check your stats.

Can anyone advise me what I am doing wrong? I followed all steps, and when I load up the new game my stats are gone like its supposed to be. So i connect to live, download the update. But when i reload my completed game save all my stats have returned, and the after playing through chapter 8, no achievements.

Can anyone advise me what I am doing wrong? I followed all steps, and when I load up the new game my stats are gone like its supposed to be. So i connect to live, download the update. But when i reload my completed game save all my stats have returned, and the after playing through chapter 8, no achievements.

Were you actually signed in when you put your USB/MU back in?

I am signed in when I load up the game, pull out the usb, get ready to start a new game, put in the usb and it seems to sign me back in. Are ur total stats 0 even when playin the dlc chapters?

Did you actually start the new game? I made sure to watch the entire opening and once I actually had control of Salem I checked my stats and everything was 0. That was when I went back to the dashboard, downloaded the update and played through CoD.

yeah i waiting until I had control of salem, so I could check my stats. The problem just seems to come when i load up the old save

Hurm... I can't really figure out what would be causing the problem, but have you tried playing through Chapters of Deceit with your new save rather than loading up your old?

EDIT: You moved everything in the 40th Day section of your harddrive onto the USB, yes? When I loaded up my Army of Two, I didn't remove or put the files back onto my harddrive.

Edited by Son of Kyuss