Get to the chopper Achievement

Yeah this is hard as shit compared to the other 3 which are piss.

I managed to get to around 3:2 by sniping and I had 2 other friends with me but they werent that good.

The problem was in the end we got swarmed by specops and APC's which would not blow up.

I would also apriciate some tips and if one map is better than the other.

I managed to get to 4:2 alone on the day time map (cant remember its name), I only failed cause I fell back to the main area and was pinned by a tank, helo and troops. For most of the game I camped on the roof of the building just before area two. I was the grenadier class. The only problem is if you leave any vehicle for too long your gunna get swarmed.

do the day time map. i did it with 2 other friends.

have 2 people control the roofs at top of the hill.

put AI on the manned 50 cal emplacement to the left.

and then have 1 person on top of the main area building at the back (with the flag on the roof). this person is on air clearance duty. he must shoot all choppers before they drop any spec ops off close to your compound.(not the choppers at back of map)

also a hummer or apc will come to the back gate every so often.

keep taking out bonus choppers and save all airstrikes untill stage 4.

when attack choppers come you must all be on air duty.

you MUST complete stage 4 wave 4. only escape when 5.1 loads.

happy hunting.

If you're doing contested front, this is what you should do. You need at least 2 grenadiers, and 2 snipers. Make sure you place mines on the road and use AP mines at the front doors and inside the base places where the enemy comes. It's trial and error but they always come the same routes. If you have a high level Grenadier with the explosives perk to give you more AT mines the better!

Also the APC always stops at the same spot on inside the base always put an AT Mine at the enterance, work together and save as many AT mines as you can. Use fire missions to order mortar rounds, don't waste them. As long as you all call out your stations a sniper 'with' a grenadier on each side you will be fine, it does get rough later on.

Most of all pick someone to use the stinger missile! preferably the grenadier as you still keep your primary weapon otherwise you will find it hard.

Did they all hit?

Were they all locked on? Meaning, the square recticle will turn into a 8-pointed star before it actually locks & arms.

Maybe he's shooting at the troop carriers in the south, that land the enemy soldiers waves.

I reckon they cannot be destroyed, as they launch decoys for ground to air defense.

As far as i know the easiest way and fastest is to have 3 friends all with SMAW launchers as they are unlimited on the day time map. with 3 men on front and 1 guy near back you just tear through them. and since they dont come to the back in much force the back guy can also be near the stinger to take down choppers. If You want to be extra careful all have mines and place them in the compound in the event you need to fall back and also have the extra health ability just incase.

Troop transports are invincible so dont waste the shot and make sure you finish wave 4:4 as the achievement description is misleading dont bugout till it says wave 5 starting

Edited by Kasual Krusader

when me and my friends did this we all took assault class with an m16 with sniper sights and the missile lancher ( dosent replace the m16 like it dose with a sniper). 2 of use would use the m16s. one on the left and one one the right while the other 2 would use the missles to shoot the enemy as they as they spawned and take out any jeeps or apcs ( ignor the tanks as they retreat when the infantry runs away at the end of the round). the other thing we found was dont go for kill shots ( incapasitate them) as this seems to slow down there spawns and also the enemy that are liveing will try to heal them making them easy to hit. we easly got to wave 5.1 and proberly could have gone a few more rounds but we wanted the achevmentso we got to the chopper

Right now, the servers seem to be the worst enemy. I have been quicked out of a game in stage 4.4. Twice. And I can't join friend's sessions.

Also, I was having a good nice game when one punk decided to quit, but only after killing us all with one granade.

I am hopping to get this one before the interest for the game declines.

Edited by Acheru

A friend of mine just kept joining games and mangaged to join at 5:1 and the other guys were sitting in the chopper just about to take off -I wouldnt suggest this as all there will be is ppl searching and no one playing - When going for this - Best with 4 humans - And you dont want to be too close together - You need at least 1 person taking out the vehicles / helos etc - And we had 2 snipers and an assault guy - Another trick we found is if you die and your team have used all the respawns already , quit out and rejoin quickly and you are able to respawn again!! Hope this helps

Quick Solution

- minimum 3 human players (4 better), i did it with 2 friends

- get the rocket launchers, mines on the way (NOT between the houses!)

- shoot, shoot shoot...

- be carefull: Humvees drive around your base sometimes, one player must get them down

- be carefull: Destroy the "Special Targets" (choppers) for airstrikes

- be carefull: If you hear an enemy attack chopper, get of the roofs! They destroy them realy quick and you can´t get back on them! Same goes for Tanks

- be carefull: Some choppers will come with special forces to load them up behind your base, destroy them before there reach the back, this is one of the hardest things! Many gamers lost the game because of this.

- best way is to get the 4th player for AA gunner, we were only 3, but i think this make it easy.

- let youre people die! It´s stupid to run into enemy gunfire to save the live of one if you got enough respawns (you should have 12+ if youre good)

- call in the chopper at the end of 4:4, wait till 5:1 begins BEFORE you enter the chopper.

Also, make sure you are protecting the main area if you have to fall back. Before I got this, our team failed at 4:3 even tho we were all in the area defending, some PLA had got into the very centre area. That was maddening, 1 hour wasted!!!

Finally managed it! The Game was glitchy and could not reload - swap weapons - restock missiles properly. And we had to make it to 5.3 because there was no green smoke or chopper! Fun to remember now, but not so while playing!

Have tried to do this for hours, always ending up with players that runs to the helo and use the combat support at stage 3, and left me to defend the hole area by myself.

Or ending up with some assh*le that team killing us.

If anyone want to do this with me send me an FR my GT is: xXxHEIMDALLxXx and a message FR:RR.

Guess i just got lucky with the randoms i did it with

Same... as long as you get players who know what they're doing and don't piss about it's not overly difficult. The Gunships and Tanks can pucker your arse a bit, but as long as everyone has a stinger or AT weapon handy it's all good in the end.

finally got this after hours of trying & getting with a good random team, very annoying when someone wants to bug out to get the gold medal :rolleyes: had one do it on 4:2 :confused: and well past the target, good team too so am sure they would have got get to da chppoer as well.

Game glitches on me swell and wouldn't spawn the green smoke for the chopper forcing us to fight two more tense rounds before it arrived, rocket launchers are your friends.....

Yeah same happened to us, the attack helo caused the chopper to bug out and had to make it to 5.2 before it came back.

Agreed on rockets, use smaw against crowds of infantry as well as vehicles and use Stinger on the 2 specs ops choppers that appear when you hear them coming, makes it much easier.

on the day map make sure you lay AT mines on the road at back of base, at AP mines just inside the base at back this will stop them coming up behind.

• 2 weeks later...

still looking for a squad to do the (three friends achievement) and also the (stage 4 wave 4 achievement). btw you need to make it to stage 5 wave 1 for the cheevo to count. i already got to S4 W4 and it didnt pop. got to stage 5 wave 1 last nite, in the chopper ready to go and the team kicked me from the game:confused:. ps i already have gold on both last stand missions so i have no need for them. willing to help after we get this cheevo if you need gold on them both. Add me if you want to get this achievement done :). Will be on tonight from 7-10 uk time. only have a limited window to get it done.:uzi:

As far as i know the easiest way and fastest is to have 3 friends all with SMAW launchers as they are unlimited on the day time map. with 3 men on front and 1 guy near back you just tear through them. and since they dont come to the back in much force the back guy can also be near the stinger to take down choppers. If You want to be extra careful all have mines and place them in the compound in the event you need to fall back and also have the extra health ability just incase.

Troop transports are invincible so dont waste the shot and make sure you finish wave 4:4 as the achievement description is misleading dont bugout till it says wave 5 starting

^this^ is how i got the chievo, with 3 randoms and all with launchers....