Beat It Dance Detection

First, I'd like to preface this and say I'm NOT a professional dancer by any stretch of the imagination....

However, I've noticed on some songs (Beat It) is one example, the dance detection is not consistant at the end of the song.

Example: During "Chorus 4" (I got the section name from the practice mode) the moves for that section I receive "Miss" or "Almost" marks all the time. I don't get it. When I do the move where you raise you arms up and then down (Sorry for the lacking description) in earlier sections, no problems...

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a seceret to getting those moves to detect better other than tuning the Kinect (Which I've done.)

I also noticed this a bit in "Can't Stop Til' You Get Enough".

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIGHT!!!! Like every time at the last chorus it's like "YOU WILL "MISS" EVERYONE EVEN THOUGH YOU DID IT RIGHT BEFORE MUHAHAHA!!!" i dont know how many times i played it just to beat it (no pun intended)

So you were able to finally get 5 stars on it? What was your score?

I find the game as a whole seems to have tracking issues but yeah Beat It in particular goes to hell at the end of the song. Would be one thing if it closed with a bunch of new moves but to get a bunch of misses on moves you have been getting good on at worst seems like a glitch to me.

I've submitted this as a bug to Ubisoft, however, they responded saying "the issue you are having is related to general gameplay hints and tips that is either covered in the manual, or is available via another source such as the Ubisoft forums".

Of course I looked on their site and they have NO MJTE forums. I've responded requesting they look at this case as I can reproduce the issue EVERY TIME I play that song. So we'll see.

I've gotten up to 153,000. I think 5 Stars is 155,000 if I had to guess as at 153K I had 4 stars and the 5th was practically filled except for a small portion. I think the 153K though was pure luck as I average about 148K per try. This is all in performance mode BTW.

Have still yet to see anybody with this. If it is even possible then it seems that every other part is pretty much going to have to be perfect ratings. Has anybody tried anything like reversing the direction of the moves, just screwing around and seeing if some kind of random movement might get detecetd etc.

When I have some time to play it (I have kids and not much time during the week to play louder kinect games) I plan on toying around with that section in practice mode to see if anything will trigger a rating of at least "Ok" so the multiplier doesn't got back to 0.

I'll post if I find something that works.

I just got it too. It went to 5 stars at 169.100.

:)

Has anyone else tried yet?

tried yes, succeeded , no. your hubby's solution is sound though. I will be giving it a better try on sunday. still in pain from thriller master on thursday ;-).

Learn what the cards mean move wise (don´t have to tell you that I think), and do them with the music. It´s not easy to ignore the dancers at first but as said above, in the end bit the dancers are off. And if you go by them, you get your "almost´s" and "misses". You WILL get there, I´m sure :)

Just keep trying.

Edited by TanyaSpace

Learn what the cards mean move wise (don´t have to tell you that I think), and do them with the music. It´s not easy to ignore the dancers at first but as said above, in the end bit the dancers are off. And if you go by them, you get your "almost´s" and "misses". You WILL get there, I´m sure :)

Just keep trying.

Thanks for the clarification. At first when you said to go with the music I wasn't sure if your meant ignore both the timing for the cards AND the dancers.

I'll definitely give it another go and see how it goes. Your help is GREATLY appreciated! I'm really enjoying this game!

:)

I´m loving the game too :)

You can´t really ignore the cards completely unless you know all the moves and the order etc.

For some songs it seems to work best to go by the cards timing, others even work if you go by the dancers and then the end of Beat it for example is best done by going with the music.

If you have a fancy audio setup, that could cause additional lag... so you might have to figure out what works best for you in which song.

I can only say what works for me and my hubby and hope that helps some people to figure out the best way for them.

I really hope they patch this so people don´t have to work around issues like this :-/

Edited by TanyaSpace

yah, i thank you very much for the help, but im simply not getting it, if anything i'm getting worse.. i truly believe this will never be patched so without a video guide on how to do your workaround i fear i will never get this one..oh well, again thank you anyway

yah, i thank you very much for the help, but im simply not getting it, if anything i'm getting worse.. i truly believe this will never be patched so without a video guide on how to do your workaround i fear i will never get this one..oh well, again thank you anyway

I've tried the song a few more times and I'm still trying to get the timing of the cards down. That seems to be the issue. The question I have is "When do you transition to the next move card?"

Is it when the current move card is at "1" when counting down or is it when the new move card is in the current move card position? I'm still playing around with it when I can so hopefully I'll nail it.

I've tried the song a few more times and I'm still trying to get the timing of the cards down. That seems to be the issue. The question I have is "When do you transition to the next move card?"

Is it when the current move card is at "1" when counting down or is it when the new move card is in the current move card position? I'm still playing around with it when I can so hopefully I'll nail it.

good luck man, keep us posted..im so angry right now i cant even see straight..miss' in spots i've been given perfect a thousand times, smooth is hassling me too.