Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10 (just long, with a few annoying battles, only had to retry a few quests)

-Offline: 9/12 (150 :gsicon:)

-Online: 3/12 (50 :gsicon:)

-Approximate amount of time to 200 :gsicon:: 25-35 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 playthrough

-Number of missable achievements: None

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats

-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No difficulty

-Glitchy achievements: Hero of Might and Magic (see below)

-Unobtainable achievements: None

-Extra equipment needed?: Extra Controller (not needed, but easier than boosting the two achievements you can get it with)

Introduction:

Welcome to my Achievement Guide and Roadmap for the Puzzle/RPG, Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. This game originally came out on the DS in 2009. If you have played the DS version then you are getting the same general version, with a few tweaks to faction balance. Improved multiplayer, graphics, the ability to go back to previous campaigns in order to finish up side quests. Which is great, especially for the quest/artifact/bounty achievements. The Hero of Might and Magic Achievement is glitchy, so make sure you start a new game after purchasing the full game straight from trial mode. This game will take you awhile to finish the complete 200, but do not rush through it, the game is very good and enjoying it will make the long haul for the achievements fun.

Campaign: (7 Achievements for 130 :gsicon:)

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you purchase the game from the trial version, go to the dashboard, then back to the game, then start a brand new game. This should solve the problem people are having with Hero of Might and Magic glitching

Play the entire campaign through, finishing all side quests, finding all artifacts, completing puzzle battles, and completing bounty quests. Here are the links to the respective threads:

Puzzle Battle Guide

Bounty Locations Guide

Artifact Location Guide

Side Quest Guide

General Tips:

• If you have played the game on the DS and understand the mechanics, you can skip the tutorial battles by hitting start>skip

• Always try to keep 5 or so Elite units, more if you have an abundance of funds. They are always good for dealing 10 damage or so.

• Keep track of your magic meter (lower left corner, it’s the blue box that slowly fills) because sometimes you will be struggling in a battle that could be won with a special ability. Your meter will fill up when you take damage, deal damage directly to enemy, when you make combos (also gives extra turn), link 2 or more attack formations, and fuse attacks. Basically everything that is not basic forming of units.

• If you see your enemy has no attacks that will take place next turn do not waste one of your turns on re-enforcements unless you have no moves

• Once you complete all side quests in a campaign you will get a notification saying “side quests complete”

Instructions to visit previous campaigns:

1. From main menu go to campaign, and load your save.

2. You will see an overview of the map with your current campaign highlighted in a specific color.

3. Use the left stick to move between campaigns

Upper left corner -- Irollan (Green)

Upper center -- Holy Griffin Empire (Blue)

Lower Right -- Heresh (Purple)

Upper right -- Sheogh (red circle design)

Lower Left -- Academy (yellow)

Offline Multiplayer: (2 Achievements for 20 :gsicon:)

If you did not get Fusion Fanatic and Sir-Links-a-Lot in the campaign, you can do it in offline multiplayer. Go to multiplayer>offline>and plug in a second controller and boost the achievements yourself.

Online Multiplayer: (3 Achievements for 50 :gsicon:)

Time for the 3 online achievements, all of which can be boosted by playing with 3 others for 2 games (one win for each side on 2v2), and one other person for the other two achievements. It should be noted that you get wins and experience if the other person quits, but to be on the safe side, just finish all the games.

Conclusion:

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes is a very time consuming, but enjoyable game. I never felt overwhelmed by a quest that I had to complete to continue on with the story. With the online multiplayer, combined with a long, deep single player will make this a game that any Puzzle lover will play past 200 :gsicon:.

Edited by Dcon6393

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1390/-rAJaw==.jpg Hero of Might and Magic 30 :gsicon:

Complete all main quest and side quest objectives in all Campaigns.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you purchase the game from the trial version, go to the dashboard, then back to the game, then start a brand new game. This should solve the problem people are having with Hero of Might and Magic glitching

Here is where you should save and then go back and do everything, credit to KohrinSoulez

"Just an update, i managed get this achivement, i did campaign 5 up to top level of the tower.. no spoiler but where your sidekick for campaign 5 stays behind... THEN save and complete anything missed in past campaigns."

This is the daddy of all the achievement in this game. Basically you will have to complete:

Main quest objectives:

--A battle is a main quest battle if the swords above the enemy's head are golden.

--A main quest conversation will be recognized by the question mark being golden, and the background it is on being brown.

The side quest objectives are: Noted by silver swords/dialouge box

--Puzzle Battles (see Skilled Strategist)

--Bounty Missions (see Bounty Hunter)

--Winning a battle against someone with silver swords over their heads, and usually guard chests with artifacts. This is usually a side quest, sometimes not.

--Getting a special unit, or defeating someone to gain access to it is sometimes a side quest, sometimes not. Check the guide for which ones are.

SIDE QUEST GUIDE

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1390/-1Dx+A==.jpg Legend of Battles

Reach Level 10 in online multiplayer mode

You gain levels online by collecting experience, which you get when you win, but less when you lose. Your winning streak also has a big effect on amount of exp gained per game, but you can get to level 10 by contstantly losing games.

You can boost all 3 online achievements. Go to the achievement trading thread HERE to find fellow boosters. Just let it be known they they can all be done without boosting.

See Team Player for tips

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1390/-1Dx+A==.jpg Online Hero

Win a battle in 1 vs. 1 online mode

Just win one battle. This achievement also unlocks if your opponent quits out once the match begins.

See Team Player for tips

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1390/+NMTtA==.jpg Bounty Hunter

Complete all bounty side quests.

This is throughout the entire game, over the course of the 5 campaigns, not just one campaign.

See THIS thread for the bounty quest guide.

Helpful hint: You can find the exact location of a bounty that you are in the area of by going to your map, scrolling down to your bounty, and looking for a hi-lighted bag with a dollar sign on it. You can only see the exact locations of bounties you are in the area of.

Edited by Dcon6393

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1390/+vIaAQ==.jpg Collect 'em All

Unlock all special units

In each campaign you will have the following units:

3 basic units (1 block by 1 block in size)

2 elite units (1 block by 2 blocks in size)

2 Champion units (2 blocks by blocks in size)

1 Special Unit

Here is the guide for Special Units:

Irollan:

Unicorn – next to the entrance to the Druid tree on the right is an elf who talks about unicorns. Once you beat him enter the cave and you will find some reward chests and a unicorn buying station. Buy one!!! Now!!

Elf:

--Level 7

--Unit Levels: basic – 5/5/5 Elite – 5/5

--HP: 50

Holy Griffin Empire:

Sword Master – Sir Randy is in the area to the east of the arena in the upper right corner guarding a statue. once you beat Sir Randy you can go into the newly formed passage behind him and there is a buying station. Buy one.

Sir Randy:

--Level 7

--Unit Levels: basic – 5/5/5 Elite – 5 Champion – 1

--HP: 58

Heresh:

Wraith – After you get past the dragon part of the main quest (you will see what I mean by dragon part when you get there) go to the next area on the right, and in the lower right corner in front of a cave is this man…creature…thing. Once you beat Golobulus head into the cave behind him and the wraith buying station is to the right of Urolox the demon.

Golobulus:

--Level 10

--Unit Levels: basic – 5/5/5 Champion – 5/5

--HP: 70

Sheogh:

Sorcerer – Go North of the Screaming Hag Inn and continue up the path until you reach the bridge. Go across the bridge and then down to a cave entrance. Once you defeat the demon guarding the entrance, the buying station is right inside.

Demon Guard:

--Level 7

--Unit Levels: basic – 5/5/5 Elite – 4/4

--HP: 60

Academy:

Pheonix -- Eventually you will come to a part with a man with silver swords guarding a cage, defeat him and you will unlock this unit.

Guard:

--Level 10

--Unit Levels: basic – 5/5/5 elite – 5 champion – 5

--HP: 100

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1390/+xLikg==.jpg Triple fuse an attack formation in battle

Can be done in offline multiplayer against another controller.

See Sir-Links-a-Lot for a step by step guide.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1390/-egBgg==.jpg Treasure Hunter

Collect all artifacts of each single player campaign

Go HERE for the in depth artifact guide.

General Tips:

--Artifacts are usually found in treasure chests or given after you complete all of the puzzles someone can give you.

--Sometimes the artifacts are guarded, so if you see a treasure chest with someone standing next to it with silver swords over their head, it is probably an artifact

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1390/-8kINw==.jpg Unstoppable army

Reach a hero level of 10 and max out all units to level 5 in any campaign

At the end of the Holy Griffin Empire campaign I had 2 special units at level 5, one at 4, one at 3, and one at 2, as well as all basic units at level 5. Then I went to the Sword Master buying station (far right area, upper right corner, behind Sir Randy in a statue) to level up, enemies attack as you walk around. The enemies are around level 8, but net 450 exp and about 1000 gold.

Also where you have to dodge guards in the alleys at the beginning of the game, below the inn. If you go back the guards are level 5-6 and net you about 280-315 exp, and are much easier and quicker to defeat. It takes me about 2-4 minutes each time. Here is the setup I found most effective:

Basic Units: All spearmen (once all basic units are at level 5)

Artifact: Golden Spear

Elite/Champion Units: whatever you need to level up

Basically build as many spearmen as you can first turn, second and third turn focus on fusing spearmen formations. There usually isn’t a fourth turn, but rinse and repeat if necessary.

I like the second method better (thanks for the suggestion Mow), but some people might prefer the first method

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1390/-inwpA==.jpg Young hero

Win a battle in the Sylvan campaign

The Sylvan campaign is the first campaign you do, so this should be the first campaign achievement you unlock. Tutorial does not count.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1390/-JEA3g==.jpg Sir-Links-a-Lot

Create a link of 5+ formations in battle

Note: If you do not have a second controller you can boost these online as well

Plug in a second controller, and from the main menu go to multiplayer>offline. For your character pick Godric and for his soldiers pick any combination of spearsman and swordsman, no elite or champion units. For the second controller pick anything.

When the game starts evaluate your troops. See which troop color (soldiers and spearman) you have the most of. Now you will be going for Sir-Links-a-Lot first. Try to get a column (up and down) of units in this order if say you have a lot of white (front to back). White-Yellow-White-White. Or flipped with 2 Whites, then a yellow, then a white. You should have 1, 2, or 3 of these already made from the start if you are lucky.

Now the most important thing to remember is to not make walls on accident. To avoid this you can do two columns of the formation, then a blank column, two more, a blank column, then the last column of this pattern. You probably will not have 15 of one color unit to start with, but that is fine. Delete all other units that you do not need and eventually re-enforcements will bring a unit color you need. When it is the second controller’s turn, just end your turn (x) or delete 3 units (for fun). Eventually you will have 5 patterns like the one I described earlier set up, when this happens, delete the unit in the center (in this case the yellow) and repeat for the other 4. Be carefully to not get trigger happy and delete a White one like I did, because then it is time to rety. After all 5 of them link the achievement should unlock.

Now for Fusion Fanatic, the reason you have swordsman and spearman is because they have a charge time of 3 turns, plenty of time for 2 fusions. First get 9 of the same color units so that you can easily move them without moving other units. Delete an entire column of units and put an attack formation of the color you have 9 units of. On your next turn put 3 more behind the attack formation, and then repeat on your next turn. Once your 2nd fusion takes place, the achievement will pop. You can do this in the same game as Sir-Links-a-Lot.

For a youtube video of these achievements go to this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpthnyPOMPQ]Fusion/Sir-Links[/ame]

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1390/-7YU0A==.jpg Skilled Strategist

Complete all Battle Puzzles in each campaign

Battle Puzzles are battles where you are given one turn (3 moves) and you have to kill all of the enemy units. For every single puzzle you will need more than 3 moves, so combos are your best friend.

HERE is the Battle Puzzle guide.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1390/-lbsQw==.jpg Team Player

Win a battle in 2 vs. 2 online COOP mode

Simple, win a game in 2 vs. 2 online mutliplayer.

All online achievements can be booster, check the achievement trading thread HERE for fellow boosters.

Setup that should be used for boosting:

Player 1 (loser)

Hero: Fiona

Core Units: any assortment you want, you will be deleting them anyway

Elite/Champion Units: Pick any 2 champion units. They take up more space and you can delete 4 spaces quickly.

Artifact: Spider Cloak

Player 2 (winner)

Hero: Anwen

Core Units: Archers

Elite: Druids and Unicorns

Artifact: doesn't matter

The point of this setup is that Player 1 will only have 25 health and Player 2 will attack fast. Player 1 should delete as many units as possible in whatever columns Player 2 tells him/her. This makes it so Player 2 can attack quickly, and efficiently. This should maybe take 3 turns if you get lucky from the start.

After Player 2 wins, play the same game over and over until Player 2 reaches level 8 or so, then switch. This way Player 2 gets to 8 fast due to his/her streak of wins. Then switch and boost Player 1's level to 10. Player 2's level should raise from 8 to 10 helping Player 1, but if it doesn't just do some cleanup games.

Thread for online strategies with tips HERE

Edited by Dcon6393

i can confirm that you can do the "Sir-Links-a-Lot" Achievement in Online game, i did it with a friend in 2vs2 which is deffenitly easier cuz you have 6 moves instead of just 3 and you party can pick up a unit for you, so you can get the one below that one and jut placing it in the same place again so you get the lower unit and your partner doesnt loose a turn

Thanks for starting this guide. I wasn't sure about this game, but now I definitely think its more doable. I wouldn't have thought about using the other controller in a multiplayer game either. I'm going online to get this game now!

Good choice!! just watch out Hero of Might and Magic, seems like a pain if you mess up. Hopefully they will patch it soon. I have not quite completed the game, but the 5th campaign I will be taking slowly

I just got the "Unstoppable army" achievement just as i finished the second champaign. Finished all the side quests before entering the castle to rescue the emperor, then grinded a little in the area before the tavern (where u have to sneak past the guards). So that most of my unites where lvl 5 before the castle, just a little under 1500exp left on 1 champion unit, so when finishing the last boss the 1500exp you get from him made the last unit lvl 5. Starting on the 3rd champaign now.

I just got the "Unstoppable army" achievement just as i finished the second champaign. Finished all the side quests before entering the castle to rescue the emperor, then grinded a little in the area before the tavern (where u have to sneak past the guards). So that most of my unites where lvl 5 before the castle, just a little under 1500exp left on 1 champion unit, so when finishing the last boss the 1500exp you get from him made the last unit lvl 5. Starting on the 3rd champaign now.

Yeah I figured the 2nd campaign would be the best, considering it is longer. I actually have a paragraph explaining how to get it in the 2nd campaign with a slightly better exp boosting spot. I just havent posted it yet.

Edited by Dcon6393

is there a way to go back to completed campaigns at any time? I finished the first one but forgot to get the unicorn.

Yeah, here are the instructions, I will put it in the guide:

1. From main menu go to campaign, and load your save.

2. You will see an overview of the map with your current campaign highlighted in a specific color.

3. Use the left stick to move between campaigns

Upper left corner -- Irollan (Green)

Upper center -- Holy Griffin Empire (Blue)

Lower Center -- Heresh (Purple)

Upper right -- Sheogh (red circle design)

Lower Left -- Academy (yellow)

Yeah I figured the 2nd campaign would be the best, considering it is longer. I actually have a paragraph explaining how to get it in the 2nd campaign with a slightly better exp boosting spot. I just havent posted it yet.

For the better experience boosting spot for level grinding in the second campaign, are you talking about the area where the special unit is located? They're high level so I'd figure you would get the most out of those random battles. But they're kind of a pain. The fights in the city/slums/whatever you want to call it are way easier. But they definitely wouldn't yeild as much experience.

For the better experience boosting spot for level grinding in the second campaign, are you talking about the area where the special unit is located? They're high level so I'd figure you would get the most out of those random battles. But they're kind of a pain. The fights in the city/slums/whatever you want to call it are way easier. But they definitely wouldn't yeild as much experience.

Yeah, that is a good point. When I am going to get this achievement I will see how much exp I get in 15 mins one place, and how much exp in 15 mins in the other.

I can confirm that the Hero of Might and Magic achievement doesn't work if you start from the trial game. I wish I would have read this thread first before playing it... Came here to find out why it didn't unlock after spending 30 hours on the game. I really hope they fix that, because I'm pretty pissed that it didn't unlock.

So, anyone who buys it after playing the trial: You will get screwed on that achievement if you don't start a completely new file after purchasing it. Man, 30 hours down the drain on that one...

I can confirm that the Hero of Might and Magic achievement doesn't work if you start from the trial game. I wish I would have read this thread first before playing it... Came here to find out why it didn't unlock after spending 30 hours on the game. I really hope they fix that, because I'm pretty pissed that it didn't unlock.

So, anyone who buys it after playing the trial: You will get screwed on that achievement if you don't start a completely new file after purchasing it. Man, 30 hours down the drain on that one...

Yeah, it is pretty much confirmed now. I dodged a bullet because I played the trial and had to go to bed, so i slept on the decision to get the game and i bought it the next morning and started a new game. That is an annoying glitch, on the hardest achievement as well.

Wow. I didn't think it would take this long. Thank goodness I was also a bit indecisive about this game, or I might have been a victim of the glitch too. But thanks to this guide I was able to complete this game. Playing online didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. It did force me to think and therefore play better. I never used walls. I thought they just got in the way.... I got all the way to the end of the 5th campaign without them. Then, all of a sudden, defense matters. Anyways, this game is complete. I'm happy and I forgive it for being mean to me earlier. I guess I really didn't know what I was doing. The game is kind of fun after all!

Edited by XY Gameboi4Ever

Wow. I didn't think it would take this long. Thank goodness I was also a bit indecisive about this game, or I might have been a victim of the glitch too. But thanks to this guide I was able to complete this game. Playing online didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. It did force me to think and therefore play better. I never used walls. I thought they just got in the way.... I got all the way to the end of the 5th campaign without them. Then, all of a sudden, defense matters. Anyways, this game is complete. I'm happy and I forgive it for being mean to me earlier. I guess I really didn't know what I was doing. The game is kind of fun after all!

Haha yeah. I wouldn't have spent $15 on it unless I was sure it would be fun haha. I think online is awesome, there are some many different strategies, I need to update that thread I made, but I will do that after I finish off the achievement guide. its like 95% done haha

Thankfully I read this guide before I got too far in the single player game. I started a trial game and beat the first campaign tonight, I better start over tomorrow. Thanks for putting that up.

No problem. I really wish there was a message that would be sent with the game after it has been fully downloaded explaining the glitch. Most people just check for misable achievements and not glitched ones

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...