Tips for getting Fastest laps?

GetOnWitItMuh

Two options.

One set-up the car to better suit your driving style.

The only other one, is to practise and try various lines around the track. I found that hugging the line in the corners, going easy into the turns and not mashing the gas coming off of them help to shave a few tenths off.

I know these are a pain as I have to do quite a few of them myself, however I do have Atlanta, so it is doable.

What I did for the lap time at pocono was I set up a 43 car race and put the AI on very hard, and used their draft to pull me around. They are fast enough to not be in the way and spread out enough to get a very consistent draft around the track. Same thing should work at most all the larger tracks. Pocono was the only track time I did not beat either during career or online.

im not sure if this is what your looking for but for the fastest lap just set up a race at the track of your choice against ONE other opponent and as long as you beat him (or her) you will get fastest lap.

I believe he is talking about the ridiculous lap time each track has as part of the master the track card.

My own advice would be to tweak with the setup on superspeedways. if you can get an online partner to push you around the track online, this will probably get you Daytona and Talladega. As far as the two road courses, good luck. I did not hit infineon's insane lap )1:19.32 until lap 30 of practice, and I have had no luck on watkins. Just follow the prefered line around the track. I am still missing a lot of these laps as well, especially Darlington, Brickyard, Watkins, and other intermidiate tracks.

I may have discovered something fellas, and it might be an exploit. So as you might have seen in my rant, I lost everything. I am flying through campaign to unlock the invintationals again. When Watkins Glen popped up, I didn't qualify. Since I had the point lead by 600, I decided to throw the race.

I would start in 43rd and mash the gas on the outside going into turn 1. This would cause a caution. I repeated 3 more times, and the race ended under caution (I placed 2nd by the way, lol). When I was looking for the Atlanta master time, I scrolled right, and to my MAJOR disbelief, Watkins Glen's lap time of 1:13.XX was checked off.

This is the only time i have even touched watkins, and i didn't even complete an entire lap. I am trying to see if this turn 1 caution thing is working on other tracks, if so, I may have landed an awesome discovery !

Still isn't going to help on the gold times for inventational events unfortunately.

UPDATE: I tried the plow method on Daytona, Pocono, and Infineon. And odd enough, Infineon also got a star under the master the track card. This is not much proof, but I assure you these are hard ones to legitamently do, so test it out and see if it works for you.

Heres the pictures, I have barely even raced either track.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/1001puppys/20110407003431.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/1001puppys/20110407003354.jpg

Edited by Puppys