The Gift, Armor Upgrades, Romance and Companion Guide

FSparacino4

Gift, Armor Upgrades, Romance and Companion Guide

COPYRIGHT/RIGHTS OF USE:

This guide may not be used without written permission by either the author or website admins. This guide has been put together for x360a and should not be claimed or used as your own without a moderator or my permission.

With the legal mumbo jumbo out of the way, welcome to the guide for all things companions. I have created this guide to compliment my achievement guide which can be found HERE. This guide not only helps you earn all 8 party related achievements, but it goes above and beyond the criteria that you will need to complete them for all those perfectionists out there. Since this is a huge undertaking on my already hefty achievement guide, this will be a work in progress for some time, but if you would like to see anything added to the guide (after checking the coming soon section of course), please feel free to post in this thread.

UPDATE 3/12/11 - Gift and Armor Upgrade Locations added minus pics at the moment

UPDATE #2 - Romance portion of guide complete

COMING SOON:

- PICTURES still need to be added to gift and armor upgrade locations!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guide Contents

Since the guide is going to be large, the Roman Numerals refer to what post you can find the specific information in.

I - IV Companion Info

I Bethany

II Carver

II Aveline

II Varric

III Anders

III Merrill

IV Isabela

IV Fenris

V Sebastian

V-VI Gift Locations

VI - VII Armor Upgrades

VIII Romances

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMPANIONS & QUESTS

Includes: (1) How to Recruit the Optional Companions, (2) Companion Personalities, (3) Companion Quests and their friendship/rivalry outcomes (4) Friendship/Rivalry abilities

Related Achievements:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1551/5-8nYLA=.jpgFriend 25 :gsicon:

Earned the friendship of one of your party members

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1551/5-wAdL4=.jpgRival 25 :gsicon:

Earned the rivalry of one of your party members

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1551/5-2fkMo=.jpgGreat Minds Think Alike 50 :gsicon:

Earned the friendship or rivalry of four party members

NOTE: You must have either four rivalries or friendships simultaneously, NOT a mixture of the two. If a companion becomes a friend or rival before leaving the party it will still count towards the achievement.

Introduction: There are a total of nine companions in Dragon Age II, although only 8 are ever truly recruited (playing the prologue will explain why). Five companions are recruited as part of the story and they include Bethany or Carver, Aveline, Varric, Anders, and Merrill. Isabella, Fenris and Sebastian are all optional companions and your chances to recruit them can be missed. Each Act has a respective quest for each companion that can only be done after completing part of the main story. NOTE: Mid-stage companion quests (called 50% companion quests in guide) will be available during Act II or III depending on other story decisions.

Companion Quest Prerequisites

ACT I: See specific companions for this Act’s requirements as it differs for each companion

ACT II: Each companion has a short companion quest available at the start of the Act by visiting the companion in their home location. They also have major companion quests and another for hitting 50% rivalry or friendship.

ACT III: The same as Act II, there is a short companion quest available for each companion at the start of the Act and an Act specific companion quest.

Bethany (Mage)

Recruitment: Automatically part of your party from the start of the game. She will remain with you until the end of Act I if you chose to play as a rogue or warrior.

Personality: Being a mage herself, she approves when you speak highly of mages. She responds well when you ask of or favor her opinions. Treating others harshly, making immoral decisions and talking badly about mages will lead her towards rivalry. She disagrees with Fenris on the mage/templar debate so it is not recommended to have them in the party together.

Home Location: Gamlen’s House

Companion Quests:

ACT I: Birthright This quest can be completed after the main quest ‘A New Home’. Return to Gamlen’s house and talk to your mother and then Bethany to receive the quest. Collecting the Portrait of your Mother when inside your ancestral mansion will allow you to give Bethany a gift for Gift Giver. The chest inside the vault also contains the Heirloom Amell Protective Sigil (armor upgrade) which will unlock the A Friend In Need achievement.

ACTS II & III: Since Bethany leaves your party at the end of Act I, there are no more companion quests for her.

Edited by FSparacino4

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carver (Warrior)

Recruitment: Like Bethany, Carver is automatically part of your party from the start of the game. He will remain with you until the end of Act I if you chose to play as a mage.

Personality: Carver begins his relationship with you in partial rivalry and as such it is easier to attempt to make him a rival than a friend. He is pro templar so supporting the mages will increase his rivalry and supporting the templars will make him friendlier.

Home Location: Gamlen’s House

Companion Quests:

ACT I: Birthright This quest can be completed after the main quest ‘A New Home’. Return to Gamlen’s house and talk to your mother and then Carver to receive the quest. Collecting the Tobrius’s Documents when inside your ancestral mansion will allow you to give Carver a gift for Gift Giver. A chest inside the vault also contains the Fereldan Girded Painting (armor upgrade) which will unlock the A Friend In Need achievement also.

ACTS II & III: Since Carver leaves your party at the end of Act II, there are no more companion quests for him.

Aveline (Warrior)

Recruitment: Aveline joins your party automatically during the Prologue.

Personality: Being a guard, she favors moral decisions that uphold the law. Express kindness to others and you will win her over as a friend. She is also fond of mild humor. Extreme violence without justification will earn you rivalry points so if you are going for an evil playthrough, you will have no problem becoming her rival. Bribes and asking quest givers for additional money also increase rivalry.

Home Location: Viscount Keep

Companion Quests:

ACT I: The Way It Should BeAvailable after completing the main quest A Friend in the Guard by visiting her in the Viscount Keep. She must remain in your party during the journey to Sundermount Ambush Site and Lowtown (Night). NOTE: This must be completed before the Deep Roads Expedition or you will not be able to do her Act III Companion quest.

ACT II: Calling on the Captain – Visit her in Viscount Keep at the start of the act for this mini-companion quest.

The Long Road – Becomes available after completing the Blackpowder Courtesy quest.

Questioning Beliefs [50% Companion Quest]

Friend: “You complain while helping me” and “You’d be bored”

Rival: “Like they stabilize mages?”, “A stupid provocation”, “I need what I need” and “You’re whining about yourself”

The Captain’s CondolencesComplete the ‘All That Remains’ main quest for this conversation Rival: Blame her or refuse to listen to the story of her father

ACT III: Champions & Captains Visit her in Viscount Keep at the start of the act for another mini-companion quest.

Favor and FaultIf you did not complete Aveline’s Act I companion quest this will not be available. During the conversation with Jeven, allow Aveline to speak for herself to gain friendship with the option on top left. If you lead the conversation, you will gain rivalry.

Questioning Beliefs [100% Companion Quest]Seek her out at Viscount Keep to finalize your relationship

Friendship/Rivalry Abilities:

FriendServe & Protect - Transfers 10% of all damage done to Hawke to herself

Rivalry Watchful Eye – Increases her damage resistance by 10%

Varric (Rogue)

Recruitment: Varric automatically joins your party at the start of Act I. He will remain with you regardless of your decisions.

Personality: Probably the easiest companion to gain friendship with as almost any decision will increase it, except for extremely immoral ones. He also likes humorous conversation.

Home Location: Hanged Man Inn

Companion Quests:

ACT II: An Update – Visit Varric in the Hanged Man after completing the Finding Home quest and gaining access to your estate. When speaking to him, select “Let’s go get some drinks” and agree to find Bartrand.

Family Matters – After completing An Update quest, speak to him in the Hanged Man.

Friend: Allow Varric to kill Bartrand and then hide his guilt

Rival: Tell him to spare Bartrand

A Story Being Told [50% Companion Quest] – All options lead to increased friendship

ACT III: The Storm and What Came Before It Visit him in The Hanged Man at the start of the act for a mini-companion quest.

HauntedIn order to gain access to this quest, you must complete the main quest ‘On The Loose’ available from the writing desk in your estate. This leads in to A Small Problem which allows access to the Act III companion quest at the Hanged Man.

An Anniversary [100% Companion Quest] – Seek him out at the Hanged Man to finalize your relationship

Edited by FSparacino4

FriendAuthorized Biographer – Increases his attack speed and dodge chance by 5%

Rivalry Unauthorized Biographer – 5% stealth chance when he takes damage

Anders (Mage)

Recruitment: Joins the party automatically after the Tranquility main quest.

Personality: He responds poorly to negative comments. Being a mage, you will gain friendship with him by supporting their cause and disapproving of the templars. If attempting to get the Great Minds Think Alike achievement, I do not recommend keeping Anders in your party after gaining his friendship or rivalry as he disagrees with many other companions.

Home Location: Ander’s Clinic in Darktown

Companion Quests:

ACT I: Tranquility – This main story quest gives you opportunity to jump start your relationship with Anders. Complete the main quest, A Business Discussion, to open up Tranquility.

Friend: Sympathize with his situation

Rival: Take a “who cares” attitude while speaking with him

Talk to Anders: Visit Anders in his home location of Darktown.

Friend: Select “It happens a lot”, “You did the right thing”, “No” and “I’m sorry”

Rival: Select “Don’t do it again” and show no concern for his emotions

ACT II: Visit Anders – Visit him in his clinic for the mini-companion quest.

Dissent This becomes available after completing the Blackpowder Courtesy quest.

Friend: Help him on his quest

Rival: Choose not to help him outright

Friend: Flirt with him

Rival: Question his sanity or refuse his sexual advances towards you

ACT III: Check on AndersVisit him in his clinic at the start of the act for another mini-companion quest.

JusticeMake Anders your active companion and go back to his clinic after completing ‘Check on Anders’.

Friend: Agree to help Anders sneak into the Chantry

Rival: Do not agree to help him

Questioning Beliefs [100% Companion Quest] – Seek him out in his clinic to finialize your relationship

Friend Eye To Eye – 10% increased resistance to all schools of magic and physical

Rivalry No Compromises – Increases health regeneration rate by +50

Merrill (Mage)

Recruitment: Joins the party automatically after the Long Way Home quest.

Personality: You will be shocked to find this out, but as a mage she gains rivalry whenever you choose conversation that supports the templars or side with them in quests.

Friend: Support her opinions

Rival: Criticize or completely disagree with her opinions

Home Location: Merrill’s Home

Companion Quests:

ACT I: Welcome HomeComplete the Long Way Home main quest. Then visit her home in the Lowtown’s Elven Alienage to begin this companion starter quest.

Nice Crime You Have Around HereComplete the Wayward Son main quest. Then visit her again for another mini-companion quest.

ACT II: Consoling Words: Mini-companion quest for visiting her at her home at the start of the Act

Mirror Image: Complete the main quest, Blackpowder Courtesy, and speak to her at her home. She must be in your party for you to gain access to this quest. Go to Sundermount and talk to Keeper Marethari to start ‘Honoring the Fallen’. Doing this will complete Mirror Image.

Friend: Simply accept and undertake this quest & after killing the Varterral, select one of the following dialogue options - “Do you want some time?” or “Don’t Blame Yourself”. Also give the Arunlin’holm to her

Rival: Refuse to undertake this quest or after killing the Varterral select the dialogue option “Don’t waste your tears” to gain medium rivalry and “Why did you run?” gives high rivalry. You can also withhold the Arunlin’holm from her

Questioning Beliefs [50% Companion Quest] – If you are already along the friendship path, almost any dialogue will boost it further. If along the rival path, choose “Just making sure you’re all right”, “I’m here for you” and “she pays by the lecture” for the rivalry boost.

ACT III: A Talking To - Mini-companion quest for visiting her at her home at the start of the Act

A New PatchComplete the main story quest, ‘On the Loose’ and her mini-companion quest ‘A Talking To’ to gain access to this quest. You must complete this quest to be able to romance Merrill.

Friend: When Marethari dies, blame the Keeper to gain friendship

Rival: Select the dialogue options “You weren’t listening” and then “That’s not up to you”

Merrill, Friend or Foe [100% Companion Quest] – Seek her out in her hut to finalize your relationship

Edited by FSparacino4

Questioning Beliefs [100% Companion Quest] Speak to her at the Hanged Man to finalize your relationship

Friend Solidarity – Blood of the Frost provides 1 additional mana for every 1 health

Rivalry Outcast Increases damage resistance by 10%

Isabela (Rogue) * OPTIONAL *

Recruitment: Isabela is an optional companion. Even though the quest to recruit her, ‘Fools Rush In’ (Act I), is part of the main storyline, you can turn her away. After completing the ‘Tranquility’ quest you will automatically be given the ‘Questions and Answers’ quest. Head to the Hanged Man in the day time and speak to Isabella at the bar to start the ‘Fools Rush In’. You must do this before leaving for the Deep Roads as she won’t be recruitable upon returning.

Personality: Like Varric she appreciates humor, but Isabella doesn’t like people getting too close to her, so give her some space. She was married once you know! She is one of the toughest companions to get 100% friendship or rivalry with. Giving her both gifts, sleeping with her, and constantly humoring her is your best bet. NOTE: If you don’t achieve 50% friendship and complete her 50% mid-stage quest by the end of Act II, she will leave your party and not return.

Home Location: The Hanged Man Inn

Companion Quests:

ACT I: Fools Rush InThe main quest that will allow you to recruit her into your party if you agree to help her.

Isabela’s ContactShort conversation quest that starts after completing ‘Fools Rush In’

ACT II: Isabela’s Ongoing SearchMini-companion quest available at the start of Act II by speaking to her at the Hanged Man.

To Catch A ThiefThis is a main plot quest if you recruited Isabela in Act I via Fools Rush In. You must also complete the Act II quest Following the Qun. You must agree to help her when you arrive at your estate or you will lose her as a companion.

Friend: Help her reclaim the relic

Rival: Tell her to return to the Qunari

Questioning Beliefs [50% Companion Quest] Seek her out in the Hanged Man for this mini-companion quest.

Friend: Pick “It all worked out”, ”Don’t dwell on the past” or “I wouldn’t bet on it”

Rival: Pick “You’re not free “ or “Helping others is rewarding”

ACT III: Isabela’s RegretSpeak to her in the Hanged Man at the start of the Act for this mini-companion quest

No Rest For The WickedOnly available if you didn’t hand her over to the Arishok in ‘Demanding the Qun’. Speak to her in the Hanged Man, complete the ‘On The Loose” main quest, and then visit your estate and speak to her.

Friend: Make a deal with Castillon

Rival: Kill Castillon

Friend Thumbs Up – Increases her and Hawke’s attack speed by 5%

Rivalry Stuck In The Mud Increases dodge chance by 10%

Fenris (Warrior) * OPTIONAL *

Recruitment: Fenris is the second optional companion. In order to recruit him you must complete the secondary quest, ‘Bait and Switch’, during Act I. To gain access to Bait and Switch, you must complete the main story quest Business Discussion. Bait and Switch then opens up at the writing desk in your estate. Agree to help him and after the quest is over you have the option to recruit him. You must do this before leaving for the Deep Roads Expedition as he is not available to recruit upon returning from it.

Personality: He supports the temples and hates mages so I do not recommend bringing him around during quests that you must choose sides.

Home Location: Fenris’ Mansion

Companion Quests:

ACT I:Bait and SwitchThe quest you must complete to officially recruit Fenris into your party.

Fenris Recruited – Starts upon completion of Bait and Switch. Visit his mansion. You can immediately flirt with him from the get go and he is eager to jump into bed.

ACT II: Speak to FenrisGo to his mansion at the start of the Act and speak to him for this mini-companion quest

A Bitter PillBecomes available after completing ‘Speak with Fenris’. NOTE: You must complete this companion quest to gain access to his Act III main companion quest.

Friend: Select “He’s not a slave!” in the first encounter; At your estate, select “Take this coin and go” leads to a medium friendship bonus

Rival: Select “Let’s work out a deal!” in the first encounter; At your estate, select “Come work for me” and “Slaves are useful”

Questioning Beliefs[50% Companion Quest] – Go to his mansion to speak with him for this mini-companion quest

ACT III: Speak to Fenris –If already done in Act II, speaking to him at his mansion will begin his Act III companion quest, ‘Alone’.

Edited by FSparacino4

Alone

Rival: When speaking with Danarius, select “Take him”. If you confirm your choice, he will be taken away. All other options end in combat. Another option for even greater rivalry is to choose “Take him” and then change your mind. Negotiating with Danarius is also great if you are pursuing rivalry.

Friend: Select “He’s no slave option” in dialogue; When Fenris is about to execute Varania, select “You deserve to die” for maximum friendship gains

Questioning Beliefs [100% Companion Quest] - Go to his mansion to speak with him for this mini-companion quest

FriendKindred Spirits – Increases his magic resistance by 10%

Rivalry Enemy of My Enemy – Increases his critical damage by 10%

Sebastian (Rogue) * The Exiled Prince DLC *

Recruitment: Sebastian is the companion available with the Exiled Prince DLC that came free with all Signature Editions of the game. It can also be purchased for 560 MSP ($7). In order to recruit Sebastian approach the Chanter’s Board in Hightown to trigger a cutscene. When it ends, Duty can be picked up from the Board.

Personality: Sebastian is an open book. He supports moral choices and disapproves of immoral ones so it is easy to determine how conversation is going to affect him. He does, however, hate Anders and if you decide not to kill Anders, Sebastian will leave your party. Rival: Tell him to take back his lands or that he will be a good ruler

Home Location: The Chantry

Companion Quests:

ACT I: DutyPicked up from the Chanter’s Board after the cutscene introducing you to Sebastian. This can be completed in both Act I and II.

ACT II: Repentance – Available after completing Duty. Sebastian will join you as a permanent companion after completing this quest.

Friend: Select “You belong in the Chantry”

Rival: Select “You must take Starkhaven!”

ACT III: Faith – Go to the Chantry and agree to help Sebastian.

Friend: High friendship bonus for simply starting the quest; When speaking to Ethina, select “You won’t leave?” and “Please reconsider”

Rival: When speaking to Ethina, select “You must be safe” and “Fine. But don’t think you’re my priority.

Questioning Beliefs [100% Completion Quest] - Go to the Chantry to speak with him for this mini-companion quest

FriendMan of the Cloth – Increases his and Hawke’s damage resistance by 5%

Rivalry Man of the Crown – Increases health regeneration by +50

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GIFT LOCATIONS

Includes: Locations and pictures of the location of every gift

Related Achievements:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1551/5-zmkZY=.jpgGift Giver 5 :gsicon:

Gave a gift to one of your party members

Introduction: This achievement can be gotten out of the way very early in the game. After completing the main quest 'A New Home?' go to Gamlen's House and speak to your mother and then your sibling to start the 'Birthright' companion quest. When you reach your ancestral mansion, you will be able to find Carver or Bethany's gift. The following guide lists the locations of all gifts.

Bethany

[ACT I] Portrait of Your Mother: Found in your ancestral mansion during the 'Birthright' companion quest. See introduction above on how to start this quest.

Carver

[ACT I] Tobrius's Documents: Found in your ancestral mansion during the 'Birthright' companion quest. See introduction above on how to start this quest.

Aveline

[ACT II] The Shield of the Knight Herself: Found during the main plot quest 'Offered and Lost'.

Varric

[ACT II] The Tethras Signet Ring: Sold at the Trinket's Emporium in Lowtown

Anders

[ACT II] Tevinter Chantry Amulet: Found during Fenris' companion quest 'A Bitter Pill'. While in the Abandoned Slaver Den, after the cutscene with the Elf, you will find this a chest in the corner of the central room.

Merrill

[ACT II] Wooden Halla Carving: Sold at Master Ilen's shop at the Dalish camp in Sundermount.

[ACT III] Sylvanwood Ring: Found during the secondary quest 'A Murder of Crows' or upon your first visit to Sundermount. You will be attacked by the Thief Leader shortly after entering the area. Loot his corpse for the gift.

Edited by FSparacino4

Isabela

[ACT II] Ship in a Bottle: Found during the main plot quest 'Blackpowder Courtesy'. While in Smuggler's Cut, travel all the way to the most northern part. Before taking the leave area to the 'Wildnerness', you will see a green chest to the left of the stairs containing the gift.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/280/scutmap.png

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3097/scutpic.png

[ACT III] Rivani Talisman: Found in the Disused Passage which can be accessed from the Docks during the night.

Fenris

[ACT II] The Book of Shartan: Found in the Elven Alienage of Lowtown during the night.

[ACT III] Blade of Mercy: Found during the main plot quest 'Best Served Cold'. It is found on the Secret Meeting Place map after deciding Keran's fate.

Sebastian

[ACT II] Strakhaven Longbow - Found during his companion quest 'Repentance'. While in the Harimann Estate, continue along until the cutscene. When it ends, the gift can be found in a small bedroom just to the north of the waypoint marker on your map.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARMOR UPGRADE LOCATIONS

Includes: (1) Location and pictures of every armor upgrade location

Related Achievements:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1551/+VNr5A==.jpgA Friend In Need 5 :gsicon:

Upgraded the armor of one of your party members.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1551/5-70oT8=.jpgI Got Your Back 25 :gsicon:

Completely upgraded the armor of one of your party members

Introduction: Every companion has four armor upgrades except Bethany and Carver. The only have one armor upgrade and doing the 'Birthright' quest, you will find it inside of the chest with the will (unmissable). However, getting their only armor upgrade will unlock A Friend In Need, but will NOT unlock I Got Your Back. The general rule for all other companions, all of whom have four armor upgrades, is that two can be purchased from stores and two are found in the game world, mainly in quests.

Bethany & Carver

[ACT I] Heirloom Amell Protective Sigils (Bethany) or Fereldan Girded Painting (Carver): During the 'Birthright' companion quest, after killing the Master Slaver, loot his body for the Vault Key. Enter the vault and it can be found inside the chest with the will.

Aveline

[ACT I & II] Underpadding (ACT I) & Impact Plating (ACT II): Both of these can be purchased from the armor stand in Lowtown during their respective acts.

[ACT II] Flex-Chain: Found during the 'Raiders on the Cliffs' secondary quest. In order to intiate the quest, take the far Southern path in the Wounded Coast. At the end of the quest, after killing Orden, loot his body for it.

[ACT III] Deflecting Joints: Found during Aveline's companion quest 'Favor and Fault'. In order to start this quest, you must finish her Act I companion quest 'The Way It Should Be' and the Act III main plot quest 'On The Loose'. After finishing these two quests, this quest can be started from the writing desk in your estate.

The upgrade can be found at the end of the quest on Jeven's corpse after killing him.

Varric

[ACT I] Inscribed Leather Harness: Purchased from the Apparel Shop in Lowtown

[ACT II] Coat-Lining With Concealed Pockets: Purchased from the Shady Merchandise shop in the Docks

[ACT II] Silverite-Reinforced Buckles: Found during Varric's companion quest 'Family Matter'. After fighting the Crazed Commanders in the large central room, continue to the waypoint marker on your map. The small room to the south of this marker contains the item.

[ACT III] Drakeskin Leg Straps: Found during the 'Finding Nathaniel' secondary quest. NOTE: This quest is only available if you (1) Imported a game save from Origins in which you played the Awakening expansion, recruited Nathaniel, and he wasn't killed or (2) Selected the Martyr preset world state during character creation.

After a large battle where you are attacked by many darkspawn and three Ogres, Bethany or Carver will say goodbye to you. Before leaving this room, search the area for this.

Anders

[ACT II] Armor Struts: Purchased from Lirene's Fereldan Imports in Lowtown

[ACT II] Lyrium Weave: Purchased from Mage Goods in the Gallows

[ACT II] Spirit Essence: Found during Ander's companion quest, 'Dissent'. After killing Ser Alrik, travel to the cave found to the west of the exit to find this inside.

[ACT III] Sigil of the Mage Underground: Found during the main plot quest 'Best Served Cold'. After completing 'On The Loose' this quest can be obtained from your writing desk. After being given the decision to free Keran, report him, or kill him, search the northwest room for this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by FSparacino4

Merrill

[ACT II] Samite Lining: Purchased from Robes by Jean Luc in Hightown

[ACT II] Covered Ironwood Buttons: Purchased from Ilen's Crafts in the Dalish Camp in Sundermount

[ACT II] Silver Threaded Dalish Embroidery: Upon entering Sundermount, follow the path past the Dalish camp and take the right path up the mountain at the fork. Enter the caves and take the Mountain Graveyard exit. Go left upon getting outside and follow it to the top of the mountain to find this.

[ACT III] Halla Horn Buckle: Found during her 'A New Path' companion quest. You must have completed the main plot quest ' On The Loose'. After defeating the Pride Demon, loot the Keeper's corpse for this.

Isabela

[ACT II] Rigid Boning: Purchased from the Apparel Shop in Lowtown

[ACT II] Supportive Corselet: Purchased from the Robes by Jean Luc in Hightown

[ACT II] Lambswood Insoles: Found during the 'To Catch A Thief' main plot quest. In the Lost-End Foundry, this upgrade can be found in the northwest room. NOTE: You must choose to help her at the Hawke Estate or she will leave your party and you will be unable to get this upgrade.

[ACT III] Boiled Leather Plates: Found during the 'A Murde of Crows' secondary quest. This quest can only be obtained in two ways: (1) If you imported a save from Origins, Zevran must be alive: (2) Playing from a new save. Once you enter the cave, you will be attacked by mutiple waves of spiders. After defeating them, loot the pile of bones for it.

Fenris

[ACT II] Tevinter Spirit Symbol: Purchased from Robes by Jean Luc in Hightown

[ACT II] Lyrium Scales: Purchased from Shady Merchandise in the Docks

[ACT II] Reinforced Straps: Found during his companion quest 'A Bitter Pill'. After speaking with the terrified Elf, continue west past the central room and this can be found in the next room.

[ACT III] Enchanted Resin: Found during the 'Mine Massacre' secondary quest. If you did 'The Bone Pit' and 'Inside Job' speak to Hubert in the Hightown market. Otherwise, go directly to the Bone Pits to start the quest automatically. After killing the High Dragon, loot his corpse for this.

Sebastian

[ACT II] Enchanted Articulation: Purchased from the Armor Shop in the Gallows

[ACT II] Lyrium Scales: Purchased from Shady Merchandise in the Docks

[ACT II] Mail Undertunic: Found during his companion quest 'Repentance'. During the quest you will travel through the Harimann Estate mansion. After the cutscene that occurs after progressing a bit, you will find this item in a chest.

[ACT III] Protection of the Faith: Found during the 'Best Served Cold' main plot quest. After defeating the Templar Lieutenant that you fight in Hightown, loot his corpse for this upgrade.

Edited by FSparacino4

ROMANCING TIPS

Includes: (1) General Romancing Tips and (2) Tips for Romancing Each Companion

Related Achievements:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1551/5-7HmCM=.jpgFlirtatious 5 :gsicon:

Flirted with one of your party members to begin a romance

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1551/5-3gjC0=.jpgRomantic 25 :gsicon:

Completed a romance with one of your party members

General Tips:

- ALL companions will romance with male or female Hawke, except Sebastian. Also unable to romance Aveline and Varric as either male or female Hawke.

- Visit your estate at night to increase your chances of flirting with them.

- Enquire about living together when given the option to do so

- Romance one party member at a time to increase your chances of success

- Romances can be completed AFTER reaching 100% rivalry or friendship and doing the respective 100% companion quest.

- Give them their specific gifts & and get their armor upgrades to aid in this.

Anders

- Achieve 50% rivalry or friendship

- IMPORTANT: You MUST flirt with him prior to doing his mid-stage companion quest or romancing him is impossible.

- Complete his mid-stage companion quest, Questioning Beliefs, during Act II

- Return to your estate at night, flirt with him, and invite him to move in

- Finish the remaining companion quests, deliver his gift to him, and reach 100% friendship or rivalry

- Side with the mages in 'The Last Straw' and speak with him in the Gallows Prison.

Merrill

- IMPORTANT: You MUST flirt with her prior to doing her mid-stage companion quest or romancing her is impossible.

- Complete her mid-stage companiong quest, Questioning Beliefs, during Act II

- Return to your estate at night, flirt with her, and invite her to move in

- Finish the remaining companion quests, deliver both gifts to her, and reach 100% friendship or rivalry and complete the 'Friend or Foe' quest

- NOTE: If you are rivals with her, you will need to side with the mages. If you are friends with her, you can side with the templars and still finalize the romance.

- Speak with her in the Gallows Prison during 'The Last Straw' quest.

Isabela

- IMPORTANT: In order to complete your romance for Isabela, you MUST be on the friendship path.

- Flirt with her during the 'Isabela's Ongoing Search' companion quest.

- She will then visit your estate at night. Flirt again to sleep with her and in the following conversation ask here why she is hesitant to fall in love and explore all investigative options (designated with the ? )

- Ensure her return after the 'To Catch a Thief' quest

- Give her both gifts, get the relationship to 100% friendship and begin the 100% companion quest, Questioning Beliefs, and during the conversation, respond to her when she says "Now that I have my ship..." with "I'd like that".

- Visit her in the Gallows Prison during 'The Last Straw' quest.

Fenris

- Flirt with him during his companion quest, Questioning Beliefs, in Act II

- Return to your estate at night and he will visit you. Flirt with him and ask him to move in.

- Finish the remaining companion quests, deliver both gifts to him, and reach 100% friendship or rivalry and complete the 'Questioning Beliefs' 100% quest.

- Speak with him in the Gallows Prison during 'The Last Straw' quest.

Sebastian

- NOTE: Sebastian can only be romanced by a female Hawke and is the only heterosexual companion that can be romanced in the game.

- NOTE #2: You MUST NOT flirt with any other character at any point during the story.

- NOTE #3: Can only be romanced if you take the friend path.

- Achieve 100% friendship and complete all his companion quests.

- Flirt with him before and during his 100% companion quest, 'Questioning Beliefs'.

- IMPORTANT: You must execute Anders during 'The Last Straw' quest

- Speak with him in the Gallows Prison during 'The Last Straw' quest.

Edited by FSparacino4

Thanks for the list. Even thought that this is a work in progress, this will help in my various playthroughs.

You'll need to add a section on Anders. He's the only one you're missing.

Thanks again for what is currently there, though.

One question i'm wondering is if armor upgrades are the same across playthroughs. An example would be there is the ferelden import shop in lowtown and in there i think there was anders and someone else's upgrade, would be nice to know "oh you can get x's upgrade at y" kind of thing. Idk, something to look into maybe?

Thanks for the list. Even thought that this is a work in progress, this will help in my various playthroughs.

You'll need to add a section on Anders. He's the only one you're missing.

Thanks again for what is currently there, though.

Whoops I had him done too, dont know I missed copying and pasting it from word. Looks like it will have to wait til I get home.

what about anders?

Past posts my friend. Simply missed copying and pasting that obe from Word guide to the forums. I am at work for 16 hours though so it is going to have to wait.