Inky Fabricator (Railyards) S rank problem

Suki

My score before ending the level was 462,191 and you need at least 460,000.

The score rolls from A to S at (or real close to) 740,000 so assuming you have all the bonuses and gold medals for the level you get 280,000 at the score tally screen.

Things to try:

1. After draining the moat, you can run around the bottom for color atoms.
  2. After painting the trains the first time, each train line will have color atoms on it. Be sure to ride and collect them all for about 2000 - 3000 points.
  3. When you enter the last building to fight Monster, there are also upper and lower conveyor belts in addition to the main one you ride to the boss. On each of those is where you will also find a TON of color atoms. This location has to be completed prior to defeating the boss since you can not re-enter it.
  4. After clearing out those locations, if you still do not have at least a score of 460,000 (you should be at least within 10,000 points) start repainting houses. I would spend 10 - 15 minutes just making the same loop over and over again. After the train yards, you cross the boats. In that next area there are a green and purple pool to use to alternate color, alot of buildings and a large pipe that is worth 30 points (opposed to 10 for everything else). Just keep making that loop until you pass 460,000 and then exit the level. That minimum score plus all the bonuses will get you the "S".

thx m8 i got it now, what i did was run round painting all the buildings over and over again for about 30 minutes and i just squeezed it like that. I now have the last lvl to do and im done just enough time to hopefully do rango before dragon age 2 arrives :) , this will have been a tough 1000 imo even with your guide.

Edited by Suki

I had exactly the same problem - I fell about 15,000 points short and couldn't figure out why. In the end I finished the level and left myself with an A Rank.

So I'm going to have to go back and do the level again to get S Rank (at least I already have the gallery and lightbulb items) and I'll keep an eye out for the extra colour atoms.

I collected the ones in the moat and the ones on the trains - collected most of the first lot of atoms in the upper area where the final monster fight is (and where the missable light bulb is) ... how do you get to the otehr level (or is that the level you are originally on?)

I find it completely ridiculous that you have to run around for 40 minutes and paint and repaint buldings in order to get an S Rank.

I couldn't agree with you more. This level was the worst for that. I had to run around in a circle painting and re-painting for about an hour to get ny S rank on this board. They should have set it up so that collecting everything, freeing the Graydian dudes, planting trees, etc would give you your S rank. They just randomly chose a figure you had to exceed to get your S rank.

The best piece of info in Scrapdaddy's guides was the number you needed prior to exiting the level. It was pure tension for me waiting for those numbers to see if I got my S rank.