Ghost's toll walkthrough (spoilers)

fuzz n ga

this is for whoever needs help with this

it first starts with the quest old wounds. this is the one where you have to find what happened to the captains men in gorlags cave. once you get to gorlag he will have you go to scythe to get a stone that she stole from him. once you get the stone immediately turn around and talk to her again then you will have the Ghost's toll quest. but wait do not leave the sewers until you finish the Ghost toll quest (if you do leave and you re-enter the sewers and try to talk to scythe again the quest will disappear). go talk to the ghosts then go back and talk to scythe again then go to the mirror that is right before you get to the ghosts then you have lead the ghosts back to mirror once they cross over whatever the hell it is they do go back to scythe and finish the quest.

ps. if you get the stone from scythe then leave the sewers then your screwed you will need to start your game with a new character because she will not talk to you or wait until they patch this

ps. if you get the stone from scythe then leave the sewers then your screwed you will need to start your game with a new character because she will not talk to you or wait until they patch this

That is not entirely true, because that's exactly what I did and managed to finish that quest. I got the stone from her, went back to Gorlag, finished his quest, then went back for the sewers. I can't remember if I went to see Scythe first or if I went directly for the ghosts, but I managed to finish it without a problem.

• 3 months later...

In case anyone is going back to look for an old save (like I did) to help with completing the Thieves Guild Achievement, I found an early mission where this Old Wounds/Ghost's Toll quest-line begins (posted only to further fuzz's original post.)

I found it under the CHAPTER I: STEPS TO THE TOWER bullet in the Quest Log. The first quest is called "Captain." After completing "Captain," you'll get a quest called "Gorlag's Curse." After completing "Gorlag's Curse," you'll get a quest called "Old Wounds." After completing "Old Wounds," you'll get a quest called "Ghost's Toll." I did like Fuzz said (stayed in the sewers and took care of the ghost problem before leaving). Now, my Ghost's Toll quest is finally complete!

I'm just going to continue on with this save for the Thieve's Guild achievement only (playing the Main Quest Line only to further my prgress towards the Thieves Guild Achievement).

1000/1000 may be within reach once again~ :)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...