Here's how I got level 65

L3giOn

Select the map Junkyard. You're going to want to do this with 2 people.

Basically, you and your friend will stand on opposite sides of the Man Crush. One guy will leash pull (or kick or slide) an enemy, and the other will leash pull him through the Man Crush. This will earn you bonus points for working together.

After the first round, upgrade your leash at least once. I usually would upgrade my leash once, PMC power once, and defence once. After the second round, upgrade your leash again. This will make it recharge much faster.

Continue on this way, upgrading your personal stats, leash, PMC, and thumper. After about 5 or 6 rounds, you're both going to buy the Flail Gun. When you fire a flail at an enemy, they will get wrapped up and eventually explode. Basically, you'll flail an enemy, and before he can explode your teammate will leash pull him through the Man Crush. This will net each player an additional 100 point Sadistic bonus(trust me, every little bit helps). The flail gun is also very effective against the snipers who dodge your leash and kicks.

You are also going to want to complete as many team challenges as possible, as each person gets 500 points for a successfully completed team challenge. Enemies will glow blue when a team challenge can be performed on them. If you don't know how to do the specific challenge, you can hit the back button and an explanation will pop up. I found it helpful to clear out other enemies before attempting challenges.

Bosses are another good opportunity for points. If you and your teammate both kill a boss by shooting it then you will get bonus points for that as well and the bonus points for a boss team kill. You can also make things much easier on yourself by using your thumper on bosses. It comes in handy later on when the bosses are surrounded by groups of smaller enemies. If you do use the thumper and small enemies go flying, your teammate can shoot them out of the air for bonus Trap Shooting points.

Even with all these points, this achievement will still take quite a bit of time and it feels like a grind after a while. But this is the fastest method I have found by a long shot. Good luck!

Moosyt of us dont have 10 hours to sit and play with one person, So this "Method" is kind of pointless

Ten hours is about the fastest you're going to get this achievement, so have fun spending over 50 hours just playing it normally. Anarchy is fun, but not 50 hours fun. Besides, we did this over a period of 3 days, not in 1 sitting.

Moosyt of us dont have 10 hours to sit and play with one person, So this "Method" is kind of pointless

it is not pointless 10hrs is actually pretty fast considering the time it took, whats pointless is the 1 minute you took to write and miss spell and say some one who is trying to help the community out is point less

Edited by ShaolinShadow

whats point less is the 1 minute you took to write and miss spell and say some one who is trying to help the community out is point less

You misspelled misspell. And there's no space in pointless either. Jus' saying. :nana

I'm not sure whether to get this game or not, the only reason I'm considering it is for the gears beta with the epic edition, but apparently it's available to the public too 2 weeks after the epic edition users have had it. I'm on the fence...

10 hours for one achievement seems a little ridiculous but i dont even have this game yet.

LOL then you haven't played GOW2 then lol Seriously 2.0 and Lv 100 cmon if it wasn't for the boosting people would have well over 100 hours into each achievement alone. think about it, Epic did this to not piss us off like they did in GOW2

LOL then you haven't played GOW2 then lol Seriously 2.0 and Lv 100 cmon if it wasn't for the boosting people would have well over 100 hours into each achievement alone. think about it, Epic did this to not piss us off like they did in GOW2

GoW2? Please, what about Seriously (from Gears1) - WAAAYYY worse. At least you could farm a few thousand single player kills for Seriously 2.0.

Thats exactly what i was thinking lol if u think 10 hrs for one achievement is a grind u havent played any real hard games......Dynasty Warriors 6 getting all officers to lv 50 took like anywhere from 30-50 hours depending on ur method. And the Gears achievements mentioned above where a huge time sink but after u get them it just feels amazing :woop:

You misspelled misspell. And there's no space in pointless either. Jus' saying. :nana

I'm not sure whether to get this game or not, the only reason I'm considering it is for the gears beta with the epic edition, but apparently it's available to the public too 2 weeks after the epic edition users have had it. I'm on the fence...

Where is the information about the beta coming from i heard only a select few would get the beta outside of bulletstorm not the entire general public.

Where is the information about the beta coming from i heard only a select few would get the beta outside of bulletstorm not the entire general public.

Rod Fergusen on twitter. He talks about it a lot.

And it's probably somewhere between "entire general public" and "select few" - I'm sure there will be tons of people in beta. Just like ODST wasn't the only way to get into Reach's beta. Plenty of people got in from Halo 2 & bungie's forums.

The Gears beta will be open and exclusive for some unannounced duration of time to Bulletstorm people. People who get in through Bulletstorm will also get a bonus when Gears 3 drops, something like a golden lancer or something like that.

Then there will be codes that Epic/microsoft and who knows what other partners will be giving out for people who don't own Bulletstorm to get into the Beta. How many codes are being given out and how they are going to be given out have yet to be announced.

By doing certain things in the beta you can unlock bonuses in the Gears 3 release game. Two announced so far are a golden retro-lancer skin and Cole's Thrashball uniform.

But what's absolutely not going to happen is the beta be put up on Marketplace for everyone with a Gold subscription to download. It's not going to be that level of public.

it is not pointless 10hrs is actually pretty fast considering the time it took, whats pointless is the 1 minute you took to write and miss spell and say some one who is trying to help the community out is point less

You speaketh the truth ;)

OT: These are great tips, I will recommend this to my usual playing group. We all talk together to try and help each other get points and maximize score, so this could go well.

That being said just go online and have fun! People worry too much about other people not cooperating and whatnot, but just be sure to at least try to communicate and fight as well as you can. 65 will probably come naturally.

PS I'm only level 14 or so but I've loved every moment so far. Great multiplayer for friend tbh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I remember that crap from Gears 2, God it was horrible, and 10 hours isn't much of a grind anyway, compared to Gears.

By the way, if anyone needs help with this, the method on Dead Rock is slightly faster, considering that you can get multiple Team Skillshots per kill. And I still need this one, so hit me up