would you buy an updated Half Life on XBL arcade?

i have no idea why Valve hasn't done this. Black Mesa Source will probably come out when i'm in my late twenties, so there's no point in waiting. Valve could update the original Half Life using the Source engine, and put it up on the marketplace. there's already an updated Half Life that uses Source on the PC, and it's great.

hell, i'd pay 1200MSP if it were on the marketplace. they could even throw in Half Life: Deathmatch. :)

Edited by Vanilla Coke Zero

• 2 weeks later...

I would buy instantly. Even though I already have every Half-Life game for PC getting achievements on the arcade would be awesome. Black Mesa probably isn't coming out anytime this decade so it's not like they'll be interfering with its release. They could release another package with Episode 3 like they did with the Orange Box, but that's assuming that they actually release Episode 3 before the Xbox 360 is obsolete.

• 2 months later...

I would be willing to buy a Half-Life 1 remake if they include Blue Shift and all of the other Expansions as well.

And like somebody else said, I would love to see an updated counterstrike brought to the 360 and PS3. I thought the first one was fun on Xbox and the original on PC was great (so much better than Source.)

• 4 weeks later...
I'm surprised this hasn't been done already. Hell I don't even care about a graphical improvement, just the original game is good enough.

I played Half Life 1: Source on PC, I think it would be good enough.

Someone mentioned before expansions - they should be included as well. Blue Shift & Opposing Force are real good additions.

• 1 month later...
i have no idea why Valve hasn't done this. Black Mesa Source will probably come out when i'm in my late twenties, so there's no point in waiting. Valve could update the original Half Life using the Source engine, and put it up on the marketplace. there's already an updated Half Life that uses Source on the PC, and it's great.

hell, i'd pay 1200MSP if it were on the marketplace. they could even throw in Half Life: Deathmatch. :)

I have half life:source for pc, it's ten bucks and pretty much any computer can run it on max settings

I'd totally buy this. After playing through all of Half Life 2 and Episodes 1&2, I really want to play through the original so I have a better idea of the story.

playing hl1 tells you almost nothing about the story, instant download off steam is ten bucks and it's VERY addicting

playing hl1 tells you almost nothing about the story, instant download off steam is ten bucks and it's VERY addicting

Double post, big nono, you can quote two things in one post.

And i don't know what version you managed to play but hl1 starts the story off, you can pick it up very easily from hl2 but hl1 does contain story relevent to both.

Oh for the love of all that is bloody evil and holy in thine Valve's design YES!!

My netbook can't run it from my Anthology via Steam. Getting it over XBLA would be simply awesome.

Because you know full well that if Valve decided to do that, they'd do something really awesome with it to boot. That's just Valve. Maybe hats.

Chances are it's already in the works, and will be "coming soon". In Valve Time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nah. I personally thought half Life was pretty average. I wanted it but, only because I heard it was an amazing, masterpiece. I just didn't see that. It was a good game, but I've played it already so I'd be content with that. Besides, I probably wouldn't even have gotten it if i didn't com shipped with Portal and TF2 through the Orange Box.

Edited by INTY

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...