To those who have beaten Veteran, how would you rate it's difficulty....

darkflame699

Compared to previous CoD titles? I thought:

2 was incredibly difficult

3 was also very difficult

4 was still pretty difficult, but not was difficult as 2 or 3 IMO

5 was (I heard) the most difficult of them all because of infinite grenade spam and infinite respawning enemies

6 was very easy IMO

7 ????????????

Let me know what you think. I've played all Xbox 360 CoD games on Veteran except WaW, and I'd like to know how much of challenge it is, and possibly how frustrating it is. I know what to expect when playing CoD on Veteran. And please NO SPOILERS as I have not beat the game yet.

Thanks for any info you can give.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you know what to expect from any CoD veteran game your in for no suprise here. It's not insane but common sense applies, You dont use cover you die, If you get to cocky, You die. Other than that play it cool and it's a good challenge. i personally allways prefer to play it on Veteran even if it does get frustrating at times it's more fun to actually have to work for the level other than face smahs your way through.

Enjoy the game.

It's a lot harder than MW2 purely because your teammates have been reverted to retard mode. They will literally not shoot anybody, happily stand beside enemies and even come push you out of cover.

Enemies are also very accurate and come in lots of numbers. There was a point in the game where you have to run down a hill and push over these barrels. I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing and was at this part for hours, with no room to breathe as enemies are infinitely respawning - which is also a comeback from previous iterations.

MW2 was easy because of finite enemies and teammates who were quite competent.

It's a lot harder than MW2 purely because your teammates have been reverted to retard mode. They will literally not shoot anybody, happily stand beside enemies and even come push you out of cover.

Enemies are also very accurate and come in lots of numbers. There was a point in the game where you have to run down a hill and push over these barrels. I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing and was at this part for hours, with no room to breathe as enemies are infinitely respawning - which is also a comeback from previous iterations.

MW2 was easy because of finite enemies and teammates who were quite competent.

Lmao i will agree here the AI are numb-nutts. but if you have patience (alot) and take your time dont rush. you get through it eventually :p

I would give it a 6 maybe a 7 out of 10. Like all COD games it contains those irritating sections where everything you try results in a bullet in your noodle and you have to listen to the same dialogue every frickin time you die.

But overall i would say it is one of the easier ones, especially compared to COD: classic, 2 and 3 which personally were a real test of patience.

Mission 1 - piece of cake.

Mission 2 - piece of cake.

Mission 3 - piece of cake until the FUCKING LAST CORRIDOR.

Mission 4 - piece of cake IF YOU FORGET THAT STUPID CLIFF WITH BARRELS YOU HAVE TO GET DOWN.

Stopped playing for today after I finished mission 4, but you get the point. Overall it is easier, but it appears every level from 3 onwards will have a single checkpoint that will take you 3 hours to get past and make you wish everyone at treyarch suffered a horrible death.

i guess it was easier than WaW and 2 and 3. MW was super easy, and MW2 i didnt even play since i hated the game. The campaign took me less then 10 hours i think i did it in 1 sitting, aside from sleeping before attempting the last 2, which were not really that hard or time consuming.

out of 10 this cod is a 5 for me and i would say waw was maybe a 7 (10 being hardest possible)

The thing with going through the campaign first time on Veteren, is that you don't already know what to do in terms of objective,which is a annoying flaw in the campaign.

For example the first Vietnam mission.

The part with the hill trust me, is no even hard. I tried a good 20+ ties(Only because I didn't know wth the objective was) but because the stupid marker doesnt say anything about kicking down barrels, you are left clueless to solve a puzzle game. Sure the AI gives hints,but on veteren 1 step is a HUGE step because of the fact that you can die in half a second.

Now all you have to do is go to each napalm barrel and kick it(hold x), but nowhere does it say to do that,all it says is to push them back.

Also the checkpoints in this game are TERRRRIBLE. I.E same damn mission(and much more) Okay so you go into this tunnel kind of,checkpoint, then you proceed to go on top of the hill where they go over the plan and what not,then they proceed to move,which is when you move because if you don't stay then you will get nowhere. So the minute brief(60 seconds is a damn long time for a brief on a mission in a action video game) when you finally start, BAM YOU'RE DEAD. Okay w.e just start from last checkpoint.

BUT WAIT,YOU HAVE TO GO OVER THE BRIEFING.....AGIAN AND AGIAN AND AGIAN AND AGIAN EVERYTIME YOU DIE. Gah whoever made these checkpoint needs to play the game.

I preety much agree with somewhere above post,the mission before this was also complete bull in the hall way, INFINITE ENEMY SPAWN IN THE HALLWAY=YOU'RE DONE.

WaW took me for ever to finish on veteran, it wasn't bad going through until I hit heart of the reich or whatev. Then they threw so many grenades I wanted to sell my console. Black Ops, i'm not finished but I would give it a seven. Don't be stupid and its all good

The thing with going through the campaign first time on Veteren, is that you don't already know what to do in terms of objective,which is a annoying flaw in the campaign.

For example the first Vietnam mission.

The part with the hill trust me, is no even hard. I tried a good 20+ ties(Only because I didn't know wth the objective was) but because the stupid marker doesnt say anything about kicking down barrels, you are left clueless to solve a puzzle game. Sure the AI gives hints,but on veteren 1 step is a HUGE step because of the fact that you can die in half a second.

Now all you have to do is go to each napalm barrel and kick it(hold x), but nowhere does it say to do that,all it says is to push them back.

Also the checkpoints in this game are TERRRRIBLE. I.E same damn mission(and much more) Okay so you go into this tunnel kind of,checkpoint, then you proceed to go on top of the hill where they go over the plan and what not,then they proceed to move,which is when you move because if you don't stay then you will get nowhere. So the minute brief(60 seconds is a damn long time for a brief on a mission in a action video game) when you finally start, BAM YOU'RE DEAD. Okay w.e just start from last checkpoint.

BUT WAIT,YOU HAVE TO GO OVER THE BRIEFING.....AGIAN AND AGIAN AND AGIAN AND AGIAN EVERYTIME YOU DIE. Gah whoever made these checkpoint needs to play the game.

I preety much agree with somewhere above post,the mission before this was also complete bull in the hall way, INFINITE ENEMY SPAWN IN THE HALLWAY=YOU'RE DONE.

What? You have to kick over barrels? Yeah, agreed that is not exactly clear. I've only done it on Normal, but didn't kick over a single barrel. Thank god I come to this site otherwise i'd be livid on veteran on this part of the mission

Pretty much the same as most CoDs.

Same formula is used. Shitty friendly AI. Checkpoints that require work through infinite spawning enemies and a long way to get to them, requiring a general rinse/repeat of clear, sprint to next cover, clear, sprint to next cover. Grenades are not bad like they were in CoD2/3/WaW.

Dive/slide into prone is poorly implemented and equates to death more often than not when it bellyflops you on to of your intended cover, through the cover, or over it.

Infinite grenade spawn was fixed though.

There were moments in the game that got me frustrated, but it wasn't that hard. I'd find it similar to MW2. It took me about 10 hours to clear the Veteran Campaign.

I'm literally flying through the game on recruit to collect the intel packages, not even bothering to shoot some of the enemies.

Great game altogether.

havnt completed it yet, 1 mission to go but as a whole there were only 2 missions which took me longer than an hour to do because of the shitty checkpoint saves reloading me under enemy fire,

my advice to anyone attempting this on veteran as with all other COD games, "fucking leg it".

compared to the others i would probably say this was only a little bit harder than MW2.

this game has NOTHING on WaW in terms of difficulty.

I'm going to give veteran a try after I have completed it on normal difficulty just so I know what I'm doing. If I get half way and can't go any further, I will be annoyed >_< Anyone know if that veteran glitch off MW2 works with this one?