Endings Guide (WiP)

Grummy

THIS GUIDE IS NOW COMPLETE.

With each of these guides I’ll break it down into each location I went to in order, who I spoke too, and which dialogue options I chose. The key to unlocking each ending is in the ‘inklings’, each ending is earned by triggering a few specific inklings whilst avoiding others. There was a great deal of trial and error involved in finding these out as the differences were often minimal, however this made things slightly easier in some respects as I was able to follow much the same path with many of the endings, only making a few small changes.

Whilst playing through the game, if you are ever unsure where to go at any point, go to the world map and see if the blue ! Is next to the location. If it is, then you know that the inkling is available, fast travel to the location from the world map, then look at the local map to see where the inkling is. Occasionally there may be more than one inkling in the same place, I will specify which one you need to aim for. Also, sometimes, inklings don’t appear, if that happens first try travelling to a location without and inkling then check the world map to see if the inkling has appeared. If that doesn’t work, check the guide to make sure you don’t need to be at night time for it to occur. If you do, go to your house in Takatane and sleep until Night. This shouldn’t occur too often as I put in each individual guide times where I found it necessary to sleep.

Remember, you can speed these inklings up significantly by hitting the back button until you reach the dialogue choices. This is recommended as, frankly, the stories make little sense and sitting through the poor acting, poor writing and poor animations quickly becomes boring.

NOTES

As standard, assume inklings occur during daylight hours, if it requires evening or night, I will specify on each step.

Where I write ‘No conversation’ that simply means you need to trigger the inkling, and there are no dialogue options for you to choose. Once the inkling has finished, you are free to move onto the next one.

After triggering each inkling, use the world map to move direct to the next one, it is much faster than running there and prevents you triggering other inklings by accident (which can happen occasionally).

A cutscene involving Shuzen talking about Nobunaga always occurs at some point. I’ll simply reference this by calling it the ‘Shuzen/Nobunaga cutscene’ when you see this, just travel to wherever you need to be in the following step as the cutcene triggers wherever you choose to travel (ie, if the guide tells you to go to Takatane, travel there to trigger the cutscene then continue as normal).

Many of these endings follow a very familiar path with only a few minor changes. In these cases, follow the Ending path I specify and I’ll just list where the changes occur.

Edited by Grummy

Ending 1: Denouement

1) Kuchihagahara. Automatic conversation with farmers. Choose "I've been better”.

2) Takatane. Speak to Kota. Choose "Calm down, kid".

3) Amana. Speak to Recruiter. Choose "Yes, I have skills to prove", then win the ensuing battle.

4) Minori. Speak to Guard Leader. Choose "Why don't you use me", then beat him in the fight.

5) Road. Speak to Setsuen. When you move to the area where you meet Setsuen, a cutscene will occur. After it finishes, speak to him and keep speaking to him until he starts repeating himself.

6) Minori. Speak to Yuma. Choose "You're working so hard". Once that conversation is finished, speak to him again and choose "Brother and Father?" when the option appears.

7) Kuchihagahara. Yuma and Shinnosuke fight. No conversation.

8) Takatane. Go home and sleep until Night. There is an inkling here at this time. Do NOT trigger it, just avoid it and go straight home instead.

9) Kuchihagahara (night). Shinnosuke and Osei talk. No conversation.

10) Kuchihagahara (night). Speak to Shinnosuke. Choose "Sakura... Sakurai?".

11) Amana (night). Speak to Shinnosuke. Choose "Sure”. win ensuing battle then speak to him again when back at Amana to receive reward. NOTE there are 2 inklings here. Do NOT go into the main castle building, as you will trigger a different inkling that we don’t want yet. Shinnosuke is at the foot of the stairs before this building near Kiyomari, the Samurai Commander, talk to him there.

12) Takatane. Gome home and sleep until Morning.

13) Takatane. Speak to Kota. Choose "You're pretty good".

14) Amana. Shinnosuke, Kirie. Watch (or skip) their cutscene together then choose "Oh, it's nothing", when available.

15) Takatane. Go home and sleep until Night.

16) Kuchihagahara (night). Speak to Shinnosuke. Choose "Of course.".

17) Takatane. Shuzen/Nobunaga cutscene.

18) Takatane. Osei, Mumechika. Cutscene involving the three of you. No conversation.

19) Minori. Speak to Genjuro. Choose "Okay".

20) Minori. Speak to Shinnosuke. Cutscene where he gives you a box. No conversation.

21) Minori. Speak to Yuma. Choose "You’re OK with dying for nothing?", then beat him with blunt attacks in the ensuing fight and escape the castle.

22) Takatane. Speak to Shinnosuke. Choose the following options "Of course I will", "I don't want to rebuild Sakurai Clan", and "I‘ll take the dagger".

23) Kuchihagahara. Automatic conversation. Choose "Do what must be done.", "Stop, stay back.” and "Shinnosuke, Everyone", then proceed to keep fighting until you get to the top of Amana castle and kill Shuzen.

Ending 2: With Osei

1) Kuchihagahara. Automatic conversation with farmers. Choose "I've been better”.

3) Omiki. Cutscene with Araragi. No conversation.

4) Amana. Speak to Recruiter. Choose "Yes, I have skills to prove", then win the ensuing battle.

5) Minori. Speak to Guard Leader. Choose "Why don't you use me", then beat him in the fight.

6) Road. Speak to Setsuen. When you move to the area where you meet Setsuen, a cutscene will occur. After is finishes, press A to speak to him and keep speaking to him until he starts repeating himself.

7) Minori. Speak to Yuma. Choose "You're working so hard". Once that conversation is finished, press A to speak to him again and choose "Brother and Father?" when the option appears.

8) Road. Cutscene with Setsuen. No conversation.

9) Takatane. Speak to Munechika. Choose options "I‘ll think about it" and "they’ll understand someday!"

10) Takatane. Speak to Osei. At this point of the story you need to focus solely on talking to Osei. She will often ask you questions, and to earn this ending you need to answer every question correctly. I’ll list the questions and correct answers after the end of this walkthrough.

Once you have answered enough questions correctly she will move to the vegetable patch where the farmers are working (just above where Kota spends his time mercilessly beheading the grass with his stick of death). When she has moved there, you will know you’ve answered enough questions and can continue on with the story. Osei will only speak/ask questions once per visit, so to trigger more questions you need to leave the area then return. You can just leave and return immediately or continue to work on any inklings that are available. Personally I recommend just travelling back and forth to get this drawn out section of the story over with. It will be random what time of day or night it is when you finish this section, if it is evening or night, sleep until morning then continue with these options if you haven’t done them already.

11) Takatane. Speak to Kota. Choose "You're pretty good".

12) Amana. Shinnosuke, Kirie. Watch (or skip) their cutscene together then choose "Oh, it's nothing", when available.

13) Takatane. Go home and sleep until evening.

14) Takatane (evening). Speak to Osei. Choose "Together, we could". (If this inkling doesn’t appear, try leaving Takatane then returning immediately).

15) Takatane. Go home and sleep until night.

16) Anywhere. Shuzen/Nobunaga cutscene.

17) Takatane. Osei, Mumechika. Cutscene involving the three of you. No conversation.

18) Minori. Speak to Genjuro. Choose "Okay".

19) Minori. Speak to Shinnosuke. Cutscene where he DOESN’T give you a box. No conversation.

20) Minori. Speak to Yuma. Choose "You’re OK with dying for nothing?", then beat him with blunt attacks in the ensuing fight and escape the castle.

22) Takatane. Speak to Osei. Choose "Let's leave Amana together", then follow the story to the end. It doesn’t matter if you kill Shinnosuke or not.

OSEI QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Osei’s questions will be in bold followed by each correct answer in order. Be warned, the dialogue choices tend to come after lengthy monologues by Osei, so I’ll just list the opening line so you can identify the correct series of answers then hit the back button to skip direct to the choices.

"I wish all the samurai would disappear from this world"

"You're absolutely right."

"Samurai are a necessary evil."

"I fight for that future."

"I like the people from this village."

"Whining won't solve anything."

"Deal with it."

"Don't use weakness as an excuse!"

"I hate samurai."

"I don't mean you any harm."

"Isn't that being prejudice?"

"The sight of a sword in this village is frightening"

"I'll be careful."

"Oh..."

"The world will change one day."

"I've seen many samurai in my life"

"There are reasons to fight."

"For the future."

"Oh... welcome"

"I'm here to talk to you"

"About Amana..."

"How are the crops?"

"The flames of war are spreading destruction across the land."

"Until there is peace."

"Peace will come once the country is united."

"I'll save as many lives as I can."

"I enjoy this village's landscape."

"I think so too."

"I like the landscape of this village."

"I feel more alive here."

"Well, well. You again"

"I want to clear something up"

"I'm sorry"

"Munechika said that eventually"

"I don't want to fight"

"Every fall, Takatane village has a small festival."

"That's exactly why you need the festival."

"Praying brings people together."

"I feel the same way."

Ending 3: Death of a Samurai

Exactly the same as ending 1 until step 21 at which point follow these steps:

21) Minori. Speak to Yuma. Choose "You’re OK with dying for nothing?", then make sure to KILL him (not use Blunt attacks)

22) Takatane. Automatic cutscene. Choose "I‘ll take the dagger".

23) Kuchihagahara. Automatic conversation. It doesn’t matter what options you choose.

Ending 4: End of Sakurai Clan

Exactly the same as ending 1 until step 22 at which point follow these steps:

22) Takatane. Speak to Shinnosuke. Choose the following options "Of course I will", "I don't want to rebuild Sakurai Clan", and "Osei must stand before them".

23) Kuchihagahara. Automatic cutscene, don’t do anything, just watch or skip.

Ending 5: Rebirth of Sakurai Clan

22) Takatane. Speak to Shinnosuke. Choose the following options "Of course I will", "We‘re in dire need of the heir to Sakurai clan".

23) Road. Speak to Yuma. Choose "Whenever you are!".

24) Kuchihagahara. Automatic Cutscene. Release Shinnosuke when you get the chance. Then proceed to keep fighting until you get to the top of Amana castle and kill Shuzen.

Ending 6: A Song of Defeat

Exactly the same as Ending 4 until step 23, at which point follow this step:

23) Kuchihagahara. Watch cutscene until you can draw your weapon, then do so. Choose the following options "Shinnosuke, I lend you my sword in battle" and "In your dreams".

Ending 7: The Chagrin of Shinnosuke

2) Takatane. Kill Osei.

3) From this point onwards, just do any inklings you like until the Shuzen/Nobunaga cutscene occurs.

4) Takatane (after Shuzen/Nobunaga cutscene). Kill Shinnosuke.

Ending 8: Usurping the Throne

22) Takatane. Speak to Shinnosuke. Choose the following options "Of course I will", "the Fighting will only end with Shuzen's defeat", "I'll kill you, Shizuru, and lead Sakurai Clan".

Edited by Grummy

Ending 9: The Death of Shuzen 1

2) Takatane. Speak To Kota. Choose "Calm down kid".

3) Omiki. Cutscene with Araragi. No conversation.

4) Amana. Speak to Recruiter. Choose "Yes, I have skills to prove", then win the ensuing battle.

5) From this point on concentrate on just doing jobs from Kiyonari at Amana Castle until you are earning at least 400 yen per job from him, you’ll know when you’ve done enough as the NPC’s at Amana Castle will all respond to you as you pass. Do any inklings you feel like during this time, they’re not really important, but you need to get about a half dozen or so out of the way. At this point you should be able to go in and see Shuzen. You’ll know when you are able to as 2 inklings will appear in the same place in the middle of the Amana local map.

6) Amana. Speak to Shuzen. Choose "Shuzen, prepare yourself" and "So what?"

7) At this point, keep doing any inklings (except Minori) until the Shuzen/Nobunaga cutscene triggers.

8) Amana. Speak to Kirie outside door into Amana Castle. Choose "You should take care of those Bandits". (Note, you may not always find Kirie, sometimes a general with a random name will be standing in his place, if you find this general instead of Kirie, he may not give you any conversation options when you speak to him, but the inkling will still have been completed).

9) Minori. Kill Yuma.

10) Minori. Kill Genjuro.

11) Amana. Kill Shinnosuke.

12) Amana. Kill Itsuse.

13) Amana. Auto Cutscene. Choose "I shall rule this land, not you" then kill Shuzen.

Ending 10: The Death of Shuzen

Exactly the same as Ending 9 until Step 7 at which point, follow these steps:

7) Move anywhere to trigger the inklinks at Amana to appear.

8) Amana. Speak wtih Araragi.

9) Do any inklings you wish until an inkling appears in Amana over the middle of the map (an inkling with Shuzen)

10) Amana. Araragi and Shuzen. Automatic Cutscene. Watch cutscene and draw your weapon as soon as possible (right after you sit down) then kill Shuzen. You MUST draw your weapon during the cutscene as if you wait until afterwards you will get ending 11 instead.

Ending 11: The Death of Shuzen 3

Exactly the same as Ending 9 until Step 6 at which point, follow this step:

6) Amana. Speak to Shuzen. You can draw your weapon at any point you like here. When you have done so, choose option “So What” when you have the chance. After the cutscene ends you are free to draw your weapon again and kill Shuzen.

Ending 12: With Shuzen 1

Exactly the same as ending 9 until step 13, at which point follow this step:

13) Amana. Auto cutscene. Choose "I will do as you wish"

Ending 13: With Shuzen 2

Exactly the same as ending 4 until step 23, at which point follow this step:

23) Kuchihagahara. Watch cutscene until you can draw your weapon, then do so. Choose the following options "Shinnosuke, I lend you my sword in battle" and "Please make me your Vassal".

Ending 14: With Shuzen 3

Exactly the same as ending 1 until step 14, at which point follow this step:

14) Amana. Shinnosuke, Kirie. Choose "I saw that crest in Takatane Village", then watch (or skip) the cutscenes.

15) Kuchihagahara. Watch or skip the cutscenes.

Ending 15: The Diabolic Wife 1

Exactly the same as ending 10 until step 9, at which point follow these steps:

9) At this point, you need to have 100 kills to be able to trigger the ending, so if you do not have them already, go to either Takatane or Omiki and kill a couple of innocents, then exit and return and speak to the job broker to access the one of the 'Kill 100' jobs, complete it and you will have the necessary kills. You can do this at any time between the start and now, it's position in the unfolding of events is unimportant up to this point, however this is the last opportunity to do make sure you have the necessary number of kills, so make sure you have them.

10)Do any inklings you wish until an inkling appears over Takatane on the world map during the day but doesn't show up on the local map, then go to your house.

12) Takatane. Araragi's maid will appear in front of your house.

13) Takatane. Sleep until Night.

14) Amana. Automatic cutscene with Araragi. No conversation.

15) Anywhere. Shuzen/Nobunaga cutscene.

16) Amana. Speak to Kirie/commander who replaces him. Choose "You should take care of those bandits. (No conversation options if it is not Kirie you speak to).

17) Minori. Kill Yuma.

18) Minori. Kill Genjuro.

19) Amana. Kill Shinnosuke.

20) Amana. Kill Itsuse.

21) Amana. Auto Cutscene. Choose "As you wish" then kill Shuzen.

Ending 16: The Diabolic Wife 2

Exactly the same as ending 16 except you need to beat Shuzen with Blunt attacks instead.

Ending 17: Die as a Bandit

1) Minori. Join Ouka Clan and kill Genjuro.

2) From this point onwards, just do any inklings you like until the Shuzen/Nobunaga cutscene occurs.

3) Minori. Battle through Fujimori Soldiers. Choose any dialogue options.

Ending 18: With Matsuzaki

3) Road. Cutscene with Ouka thugs and a trader. Choose "Stealing is bad, you know" then talk to Yuma after the cutscene ends and choose "That's just an excuse", then talk to him untl he repeats himself.

4) Minori. Speak to Guard Leader. Choose "I was approached by one of your guys".

5) Road. Cutscene with Setsuen. Speak to him after cutscene until he repeats himself. no conversation options.

6) Minori. Speak to Yuma. Choose "You're working so hard". Once that conversation is finished, speak to him again and choose "Brother and Father?" when the option appears.

7) Kuchihagahara. Cutscene with Yuma and Shinnosuke. No conversation.

8) Road. Cutscene with Setsuen. Speak to him after cutscene and choose "I'd love too".

9) Minori. Speak to Genjuro (Standing outside of castle entrance). Choose "Sure, what do you need?" Then win the ensuing battle and make sure Genjuro survives. Speak to him again when back at Minori.

10) Road. Cutscene with Setsuen. Speak to him after cutscene and choose "Loud and clear, now don't kill me".

11) Minori. Speak to Yuma. No conversation.

12) At this point you need to keep going back and forth between Minori and anywhere else (I use Kuchihagahara as it's the closest to the castle for getting back). Each time you go to Minori, go and speak to Genjuro. You'll get different conversation options with him similar to how it works with Osei. There is no need to list the conversation choices this time as they are very straight forward. Just read what Genjuro says, then pick the answer that most closely agrees with him or offers to help him/shows him friendship. Just remember that Genjuro is a coward who wants to avoid combat at all costs and prefers to have others do his work for him, and you can't go wrong.

13) Takatane. Speak to Kota. Choose "You're pretty good".

14) Minori. Party cutscene with Genjuro. Choose "Got it, Brother!".

15) Shuzen/Nobunaga cutscene.

16) Minori. Automatic Cutscene with Genjuro. Choose "Then, I'll go with you". Then fight your way through the Fujimori guards, kill Kirie and escape.

Ending 19: With Itsuse

Exactly the same as ending 18 until step 14. From steps 1-12, any time you enter Minori make sure to speak to Itsuse either near the little pond and agree to be her practice partner then beat her and speak to her afterwards or in her room to the south of the map. You need to 'practice' with her about 3 times. At times you will get conversation with her instead, I list the conversations and correct responses below this ending guide. You'll know when you've got it right as she will constantly talk about 'possibly dying tonight'. Once done, continue until step 14 at which point follow these steps:

14) Amana. Speak to Recruiter. Choose "I have skills to prove" then win the ensuing battle.

15) Minori. Speak to Itsuse. "How would I know".

16) Any. Shuzen/Nobunaga cutscene.

17) Minori. Automatic cutscene with Itsuse. Choose "I'm with you, until the end".

18) Amana. Fight (or run) your way to Shuzen and kill him.

ITSUSE QUESTION AND ANSWERS

"When you come face to face with an enemy, what’s the definite way to kill him?"

Remain Calm and Assess the situation

"It’s a quiet night"

"Get some sleep so you can fight better"

"We’ve been talking quite a bit lately"

"Things would be the same"

"…What are you doing up so late"

"The stars are beautiful tonight"

Edited by Grummy

Ending 20: Senseless Person

2) Takatane. Kill Munechika and Osei

3) Minori. Speak to Guard Leader. Choose "Why don't you use me", then beat him in the fight.

4) Minori. Yuma, Itsuse and finally Genjuro.

5) Takatane. Go home and sleep until night.

6) Kuchihagahara (night). Kill Shinnosuke.

7) From this point onwards do any inklings you like except for ones at Amana until the Suzen/Nobunaga cutscene.

8) Takatane. Go home and sleep for 3 or 4 days.

9) Takatane. Speak to Kota. Choose "No it's too scary"

10) Go anywhere.

Ending 21: Undercover

Follow Ending 1 until step 8. Replace steps 3 and 4 with the following steps:

3) Road. Ouka thugs.trader cutscene. Choose "Stealing is bad, you know", then speak to Yuma and choose "That’s just an excuse"

4) Minori. Speak to Gate guard. Choose "I was approached by one of your guys".

Then continue until step 8, at which point follow these steps:

8) Road. Cutscene with Setsuen. Speak to after cutscene and choose. "I’d love to!"

9) Takatane. Go home and sleep until Night. There is an inkling here at this time. Do NOT trigger it, just avoid it and go straight home instead.

10) Minori. Automatic cutscene-Party. No conversation

11) Road. Cutscene with Setsuen. Speak to him after cutscene and choose "Loud and clear! Now, don’t kill me!".

12) Minori. Speak to Yuma. No conversation.

13) Takatane. Sleep until Morning.

14) Takatane. Speak to Kota. Choose "You’re pretty good".

15) Takatane. Sleep until Night.

16) Road. Fight with Zaji. Choose "What did you do that for?!"

17) Shuzen/Nobunaga Cutscene.

18) Takatane. Sleep until Night.

19) Road. Speak to Setsuen. Choose "You’ve found your man".

20) Amana. Kill Shuzen.

Edited by Grummy