Difficulty rating

Trikke

Dead Space: Ignition - How difficult do or did you find this game?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Dead Space: Ignition - How difficult do or did you find this game?

• 1/10 - Very easy
    • 2/10
    • 3/10
    • 4/10
    • 5/10
    • 6/10
    • 7/10
    • 8/10
    • 9/10
    • 10/10 - Very hard

Similar to x360a's sister site, ps3trophies.org, I'm creating this poll thread.

Personally, I think we should use these polls more and more for all kind of games spread across x360a.

The reason for this is simple: it is not because I find a game difficult, that it is also difficult for you. One can be good and shooters and bad at racing games, while someone else may be good at RPG and a disaster when it comes to shooters.

Therefor, I think an author of an achievement guide, has to rate the difficulty rating according to the player's experiences, and not his own.

Your opinion counts!

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the achievement list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Trikke

i like this idea, there are times i really question a games difficulty ranking in a roadmap. might be difficult to make it work though.

"vote with honesty and integrity" -- do those things exist on the internet? lol

That's exactly the reason why I created this difficulty poll. I had the same issue in the past, seeing roadmaps with a difficulty of 2/10 and me, convinced it would be an easy 1000, ended up frustrated playing the same level over and over again (especially those "kid's games"!!)

I hope the Guide Team will leave the link to the poll thread IF they decide to put my road map online. I also hope other achievement guide authors will consider putting a difficulty poll thread.

One thing is sure, I'm going to do the same when I start writing the guide & road map for my next game (monopoly streets).

I like this voting idea. I hope to see it more often.

To be honest, I think it depends on if you cheat or not on the Hardware Crack puzzle since I think those are the hardest. If you don't, then I'd probably say 5 or 6. If you do look up the answers provided in the other thread that II OE II has very awesomely put up, then I'd say perhaps a 3, since it's just a matter of playing the main game about 5 or more times (1 for each route & then 1 more on the leaderboards. Then depends on how many times it takes for the less than 25 minutes achievement, which isn't that difficult once you know the puzzles).

• 5 months later...

7/10 from me some of those controls are totally appalling & make it a drag to go back & try again for the 100th time to get past something which with decent controls would be easy like it should be!

Its not like this has decent gfx its really a way to unlock some extra help for DS2 nothing more than that for me!