Achievement Guide

Warning! This is the first guide I’ve ever made. Please don’t be too critical. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This guide is solely based off my experience and play through.

Overview

Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10

Estimated time for 1000: 5-7 hours.

Minimum playthroughs: 1

Missable achievements: None

Glitched achievements: None

Offline: 28

Online: 5 (4 out of 5 can be done by yourself; Xbox Live -> Host Match -> Four Private Slots -> AI Bots: Enabled -> Start Match

Do Cheat's disable achievements: No cheats

Multiplayer Achievements:

Sharp Shooter Finish an Online Match with at least 70% Accuracy

• Shoot 5 varmint (small game) with your shotgun ONLY. Make sure all 5 shots are hits.
  • Host Match -> Four Private Slots -> AI Bots: Enabled -> Start Match

Dirty Player Use at least 4 different Perks against opponents in an Online Match

• See Greifmaster

Griefmaster Use at least 8 different Perks against opponents in an Online Match

• Easiest Map : Canyon. Go into the valley of the Canyon and just keep shooting varmint. Small Game, look like pigs.

The Mission Comes First Complete 5 collected objectives in Online Matches

• Kill a Big Game Animal and walk over animal to collect gold bars = objectives
  • Objectives: Kill 3 varmint, kill 3 birds, record 2 Long Shots, etc.
  • Complete 5 of these.
  • This is Cumulative (Thanks to RecipeForHate). Does not have to be done in a single match.

Kill Stealer Kill an animal wounded by an opponent during an Online Match

• Must be completed w/ another player on live or against AI Bots.
  • Have other opponent shoot and wound animal (Must be a Big Game Trophy). Animal will now hunch over and walk very slow. Try and have them aim for legs or rear.
  • Kill the animal your opponent or friend wounded for achievement.

Edited by Goots 88

Shooting Galleries:

Quit Diggin' in my Yard Obtain Gold medals in all Prairie Dog Shoot Courses

• Use Shotgun. LT to zoom in and aim
  • Lost Lake – Level 3
    • Use Shotgun in beginning to shoot the animals that come out of the front 3 holes. As soon as you get 3 Prairie Dogs in a row, the special Prairie Dog will appear. Hit Y and switch to rifle for the kill.
    • After Turnip (Red) Prairie Dog is accounted for, take your time taking out the rest, shotgun or rifle, user preference. Note: Shotgun only reaches Prairie Dogs in front section.

[*]3 in a row without missing a shot = Bonus Prairie Dog (Red Turnip)

[*]Time Bonuses are key. More likely to get Gold with quick finishes, instead of racking up points w/ consecutive category kills

[*]My Gold Scores (Something to aim for)

• Sonora: 7500
    • Milestown: 7480
    • Old Homestead: 8210
    • Lost Lake: 8890

Hunting for Gold Obtain Gold medals in all Hunters Challenge Courses

• Birds are a must. They are the largest number of animals within the levels. The more birds killed, the higher Level you reach which equals more points per bird
  • Practice, Practice, Practice. Most I received Gold on 3rd run through. Become familiar with which animals are in which section so you know whether to have your rifle or shotgun ready.
  • Targets and Perks may also help. Know when to use your perks. Not a good idea to use your spread perk (widens the shotgun spray range) when a rifle section is coming up.

My Gold Scores (Something to aim for)

• Mirror Lake: 23130
  • Evergreen Mountain: 74435
  • Camino Dorado: 55616
  • Rimrock Valley: 49130

Crack Shot Obtain Gold medals for all Courses in the Shooting Galleries

• See Quit Diggin’ In My Yard and Hunting for Gold

Big Trophy Tournament:

Mutant Deer Take down at least one Albino Deer

• Whitetail Deer.
  • Play all 5 rounds to gain access to a “Unique Trophy Animal”.
  • On the 6th round you will get a Unique Animal (Big Rack, Mature Deer, Albino).
  • If the Trophy is not an Albino, restart hunt. DO NOT finish hunt if not an Albino, you will have to repeat steps 1-3.
  • My Strategy: Ran around level using HUB to locate the animals within the map. As soon as I spotted an animal I would zoom in on the animal, if the trophy symbol comes up within the scope, that is the Trophy Animal, the one you need to hunt to continue to next round.

Mutant Elk Take down at least one Albino Elk

• See Mutant Deer; except on Elk Trophy Hunt.

Edited by Goots 88

Career:

• Make sure difficulty is set to Pro Hunter Difficulty
  • Take your time throughout “episodes” no time limit. Plus, when moving slow you get stealth kill bonus +100 and Stealth Movement Bonus +20.
  • Big Slam’s are key: before a Big Trophy is hunted make sure you kill one small animal and a bird. It will net you an additional 100 points.
  • Also, on levels that involve you to make a duck call, use as many times as you can. 20 points per call. See Master Quaker.
  • On timed missions, shoot as many varmint as possible.
    • My strategy. Each level has 2 Big Trophy’s. DO NOT RUN until Trophy’s are killed (you will not get stealth bonuses). Kill a varmint then a bird and then slowly crouch near big trophy, call animal with LB while you are in cover. As animal begins to approach kill with bow giving you Slam Bonus, Bow Bonus, Stealth Bonus, Heart (or Spine) Bonus, Call Bonus, Close Range Bonus for 600 points plus additional trophy points. Collect gold over trophys dead corpse, complete requirements for objective bonus. Rinse and repeat for 2nd trophy animal.

Gold Requirements (A+): Please note these are my scores that I ended up getting and receiving A+

Pennsylvania: Episode 1: 2334

Pennsylvania Early Fall: 5185

Alaska Early Fall: Episode 2: 4217

Alberta Early Fall: 7470

British Columbia: Episode 3: 6066

Pennsylvania Fall: 5345

Alberta: Episode 5: 6369

Alberta Late Fall: 5520

Episode 5: Montana: 1943

Montana Winter: 6435

Alaska Early Spring: Final Episode: 4201

Open Season Finish your first hunting mission

• Can not be missed

Best Thanksgiving Ever Hunt 2 toms

• Play Episode 4: Alberta twice.
  • Alternate method as mentioned below by SKIN RIP: "Kill the tom then load last checkpoint and kill him again....pop "

Ringneck Warrior Hunt at least 10 pheasants

• Repeat Pennsylvania Fall as many times as you need to kill 10 birds. All Birds on level are pheasants.
  • Run / Shoot Shotgun in trees to make them flock or wait for Migration.

Wingman Take down at least 40 ducks

• Repeat Episode 1: Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Early Fall, or Episode 2: Alaska Early Fall. Repeat until 40 are killed.
  • Hard to miss. May be obtain from normal Play Through

Undercover Hunter Take down at least 3 trophies from a Blind

• Can not be missed
  • Use Blind or Stand when given the opportunity

Master Quacker Make at least 3 Awesome Duck calls

• In Episode 1: Pennsylvania. Use duck call until 3 awesomes achieved.
  • Hold A then releaseà count 1,2 release. [-- -- -- -- --] Try and get 5 calls (noises) within one series. May just take a few tries and getting use to.

Trophy Sniper Take down 5 trophies with one shot each

• Clean Shot Bonus – 1 shot kill for 5 Different Trophies
  • I got mine while going for The Mission Comes First achievement in multiplayer.

Out of Sight! Hunt a Big Game Trophy from more than 80 yards

• Can not be missed

Film Expert Film at least 2 episodes worth more than 100 points

• After each Big Trophy kill you will get an opportunity to film the kill.
  • Tip: If there are multiple animals near the kill site, try and get all animals within the lens for multiplier bonuses.
  • This should come throughout natural game progression.
  • After a film is over, you always have the option to edit to get another chance to obtain over 100+ points.

Gun Smith Make all your rifles and shotguns in the Gun Builder from unlocked parts

• You have 5 guns. 3 Rifles and 2 Shotguns.
  • Make sure all guns are equipped with an unlocked part (Receiver, Stock, Barrel, and Choke) and each part is painted with an unlocked paint scheme.
  • Made all 3 rifles
    Receiver .338 Special
    Stock: Thumbstock
    Scope: Extreme
    Barrel: Fluted Long
    Brake: Performer
    ALL PARTS PAINTED WOODS

Made both shotguns
    Receiver: 12 GA Semi-Auto Modern
    Stock: Thumbstock
    Barrel: Standard Long
    Choke: Extreme
    ALL PARTS PAINTED GREEN

Them's the Brakes Unlock all muzzle brakes in the game

• Must receive A+ on all hunts. See above for Gold Requirements

To Give is to Receive Unlock all the receivers in the game

Fully Stocked Unlock all the stocks in the game

A Barrel of Fun Unlock all the barrels in the game

I See You Unlock all the scopes in the game

Fabulous! Unlock all the paint schemes in the game

Full Arsenal Unlock all custom gun parts in the game

One with your Gun Take down a trophy with a fully customized firearm

• See Gun Smith

I Love My Gun Shoot down at least 10 different big-game species with a custom rifle

• See Gun Smith

Blood Hound Find 10 animal tracks

• Can not be missed. The photographer will alert you when you are near tracks.
  • Keep note of A Icon on right side of screen. Press A when eye icon turns into animal tracks.

A Real Hunting Story Finish the Career on Pro Hunter difficulty setting

• Can not be missed

A Sportsman Hunting Story Finish the Career on Sportsman difficulty setting

• See A Real Hunting Story
  • Stackable achievement

Season Premiere Successfully complete your first episode

• Can not be missed

Edited by Goots 88

Can you eventually give me an advise for the Griefmaster Achievement? I have all online ones except this one. I am choosing the map Canyon with 3 AI opponents and shooting birds and boars like hell. When I see a red perk, I'll sprint for it to get it. I use it right away on any of the AI but I don't get the achievement at the end of the match. The 4 perk one was easy, but it seems to be that there are no 8 different perks on the map. :(

As far as advice goes. Make sure it's on 3 AI bots. Like you mentioned use perks as soon as you get them, whether they are green or red. The greens just take up space (please note greens don't count towards achievement just to make that clear). Choose the map canyon. Start the match in the valley shooting pigs, when there is a break in action move up top to the start point and shoot birds. Birds tend to give different red perks. Don't get frustrated, you'll eventually get it. I got in on my 3rd match. Also, stay near your opponents as they will make kills too and you can steal the perks they get. As I said before, never keep any greens. As soon as u get a green, use it

In reference to the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mutant Deer Take down at least one Albino Deer

• Whitetail Deer.
  • Play all 5 rounds to gain access to a “Unique Trophy Animal”.
  • On the 6th round you will get a Unique Animal (Big Rack, Mature Deer, Albino).
  • If the Trophy is not an Albino, restart hunt. DO NOT finish hunt if not an Albino, you will have to repeat steps 1-3.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If an Albino does not appear in the 6th round you do not have to repeat steps 1-3. All you have to do is hit the Start button and exit to the Main Menu of the game and start the 6th round again. Repeat this step until an Albino animal appear. Again, it is NOT necessary to play rounds 1 thru 5 again. I don't know if that's what you meant but it was not clear enough.

I can verify this works. Today a non Albino animal appears and I did this. On my 4th attempt an Albino animal appeared.

Edited by Dmbledore

That's why I put if an Albino does not appear DO NOT FINISH HUNT. Meaning, exit out of hunt and restart. Sorry if that's not clear I thought it was pretty self explanatory. In my case I recorded a long shot on what I thought was an albino and had to repeat level 1-5 again. Very frustrating.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I rented the game from gamefly and I am trying to get the Kill stealer acheivement by playing locally like it says in the guide but I cant figure out how to set up a local game? Any help would be appreciated!

Online: 5 (4 out of 5 can be done by yourself; Xbox Live -> Host Match -> Four Private Slots -> AI Bots: Enabled -> Start Match

To my knowledge only a few have gotten the Kill Stealer achievement using AI Bots. Your better off using the Achievement Trading Thread or sitting in a lobby waiting for someone to join. Goodluck

• 1 month later...

Please re-word the achievement solution for Kill Stealer because it is very misleading. I was under the impression you could set up a local match with a second controller to earn this since you stated in your guide you could set up a local match with another player, which from my observations, you cannot. You can only do this online, as I'm sure you know. A little frustrated now since I may be stuck with this game from GameFly longer than I anticipated as I try to find a booster.

I haven't looked at the rest of your guide yet since I wanted to get the multiplayer out of the way first, but I'm sure it's fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guide but: Blood Hound Find 10 animal tracks achievement can be missed it's one of my last ones infact I didn't have any but I just replyed the Montana level and there's 3 animal tracks and you can reload the checkpoint. The Ringneck Warrior guide didn't work for me they all aren't pheasants I killed like 20 of them no achievement popped.

But anyways thxs nice guide

Edited by Nuffzx

@ granstaff - my apologies. I fixed the kill stealer achievement. However this can be done with AI Bots. A guy on my friends list got it with AI Bots. Try setting up a private match with 1 bot. Follow him around and cross your fingers that you will get a chance to clean up one of his kills. Good luck.

@ nuffzx - as far as the ringneck warrior achievement goes, as I mentioned in the guide, from my experience, all the birds I killed during the Pennsylvania Fall level were pheasants. Make sure your playing the right Pennsylvania level. It's the free roam one, not the photo shoot one. And as far as the Blood Hound achievement goes, it's not missable. It is not missable because you can replay levels if need be. Missable is when you complete a game without getting an achievement and in order to get that achievement you would have to start from scratch.

Thanks for the feedback

PS - any one know how I can get a Mod to post this to the achievement guide tab?

Edited by Goots 88
update - achivement guide mod request

• 1 year later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Cabela's North American Adventures Achievement Guide

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!

This Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Roadmap! The link to the Official Roadmap is here:

Official x360a.org Cabela's North American Adventures Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 1 month later...