X360A World Championship

daenius

This will be our hub for everything about the ongoing championship.

For the time being, our x360a World Championship will be a 12-player race each week.

If someone of our regulars cannot make it, we will contact people that signed up for races in the driver sign-up thread.

More rules and guidelines to follow.

The layout of this thread is as follows:

Post 2

Information on the current week of the championship, including

- Participants

- Race Information

- Track Information

- General Settings

Post 3

Results of the previous week.

Post 4

The championship bracket with current standings.

Post 5

Information on the next race.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Polls will not be necessary anymore, as we will be racing the actual F1 2010 calendar, of course leaving out Melbourne, since we already raced there last week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything concerning participating, etc. will be handled in the drivers sign-up thread, which can be found here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263917

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If a regular driver is not able to make it to a GP, Pined and myself will contact somebody from the "Drivers sign-up" thread to act as a reserve.

Note:

If the regular driver is able to participate in the race following the current week, he is automatically back on the roster.

Edited by daenius

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

x360a World Championship | Week 11

Participants

01. Pined x360a | Force India

02. Noddee1984 | Red Bull

03. Daenius | Virgin

04. o H i T M a N z | Williams

05. blue smarty | Ferrari

06. xI BR4D Ix | McLaren

07. abspur x360a | BMW Sauber

08. derektaylor84 | HRT

09. LFC2k6 | Renault

10. Slowinfastout | Mercedes

11. Shelton | Lotus

12. xX Patriot Xx | Toro Rosso

Race Information

The next race will take place on

Saturday, January 8th | 7pm GMT

Track Information

Grosser Preis Santander von Deutschland | Hockenheimring | Hockenheim

January 8th, 2011 | 7pm GMT

Laps:

Circuit Length:

4.574 km

Last Race (2010) Stats

Pole Position:

1:13.791 (Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull)

Fastest Lap:

1:15.824 (Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull)

Winner:

1h 27m 38.684s (Fernando Alonso, Ferrari)

General Settings

Race Settings:

- Session Scoring: Per Session

- Participation: Qualification and Race

- Race Distance: 75%

- Car Assignment: Player's Choice

- Weather Setting: Dynamic

Simulation Settings:

- Rules and Flags: Reduced

- Tyre Wear: On

- Fuel Load Sim: On

- Car Damage: Full

- Car Performance: Equal

- Collisions: Full

Assist Restrictions:

- None, All Assists Allowed

Edited by daenius

Explanation for the championship points system:

In my list for today, I had the following subs written down:

- f1Davii for Noddee1984

- || Mr Dizzle || for abspur x360a

- CrIzZy b for o H i T M a N z

- xI BR4D Ix for PrivateAdam

That means:

Noddee1984 did not score any points today, since f1Davii got disqualified.

abspur scored 12pts today, because Dizzle came in 4th.

Hitman did not score any points today, since Crizzy got disqualified.

PrivateAdam score 18pts today, because Brad came in 2nd.

I changed two things in the championship points for this week, to make it all more even and sort out any irregularities, since we now have a core group of 11 regular drivers.

Since Mr Dizzle is now a regular driver, I took the liberty of giving abspur x360a the 12 points for Mr Dizzle's win - after all, he was subbing in for abspur, as well as awarding Mr Dizzle with 12 points for his 4th place.

xI BR4D Ix is also a regular driver now, while PrivateAdam seems to have pulled out of the championship, so I've awarded Brad his 18pts for today's 2nd place plus the 8pts PrivateAdam got last week.

This should explain any irregularities. From now on, it's every man for himself ;)

I'm also good for either day next weekend. Also anyone who wants to race in the meantime you're welcome to invite me as I'm always up for some F1!

I take it we are skipping Melbourne then?

I'm hoping for less racing incidents next time, I want a podium :p

The thing is I could record our races for later review, as I do have a capture card but there are 2 issues with it. 1, it would only be from my perspective and 2, given that a 10 min CoD game is 400mb, recording our full race which is over an hour in total, would come to several GB.

if you had the patience you could cut together all the highlights and upload a highlights video each week. But like you say, it could only be from your perspective.

I was thinking that, or send the full thing to someone who actually has editing skill. I = noob afterall.

But again, it would only be really involving me or anyone that has an incident near that I could see.

I was thinking that, or send the full thing to someone who actually has editing skill. I = noob afterall.

But again, it would only be really involving me or anyone that has an incident near that I could see.

I am an editor, so I could edit the footage for you.

From 1hr of footage, even if it's only from your perspective, I could probably still get out 2-3 minutes of good footage.

Let me know.

Too bad there are not saveable replays like in Gaylo: Reach and H3 etc, hahaha, lol.

I wish... but then again, Halo game last like 7-8 mins. While even 20% races on this are at least 15 mins long. So you'd need a lot of space to save them games!

I am an editor, so I could edit the footage for you.

From 1hr of footage, even if it's only from your perspective, I could probably still get out 2-3 minutes of good footage.

Let me know.

Good man, we'll have to do a test or something soon.

1 thing though, off topic but, if I leave my PC on for so long without touching it, it sets itself on standby. Do you have any idea how to stop this? Because I don't want this happening halfway through recording a race.

This is kind of annoying, i enjoy these races and it really sucks having to work sunday evenings and miss it, it also sucks further because a get replaced by a guy who DNF's. I was 4th in the standings now 7th :(

It's only two races into the season. I'd prefer to race on Saturdays in the future simply because I have Uni on a Monday and these races require quite a lot of preparation haha, and so do my seminars. But i have to prioritise, Uni comes 2nd, I come first in F1 = Good nights sleep hahhaha :p

I was wondering too, is anyone up for maybe upping the distance to 75%? I know 100% is too long really (although i would be up for it im guessing most wouldn't). It's just while these are long, i can't help but think that it is only half distance, and half isn't a lot by comparison to the real thing, lol. Just a suggestion, still happy to keep it at 50% if that's preffered.

I was wondering too, is anyone up for maybe upping the distance to 75%? I know 100% is too long really (although i would be up for it im guessing most wouldn't). It's just while these are long, i can't help but think that it is only half distance, and half isn't a lot by comparison to the real thing, lol. Just a suggestion, still happy to keep it at 50% if that's preffered.

75% is fine with me!