Follow Fable III to Unlock Rewards

DFizzle720

Follow Fable III on Facebook by using the link on the xbox.com home page to supposedly unlock in-game rewards once enough people follow.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/splash/f/fable3/revolution.htm

Clicking the link will bring you to the splash page. Electing to follow on Facebook actually has you follow "Xbox for Core" which seems to be some sort of catch-all xbox page. Regardless, there's a meter on the splash page that tracks how many followers there are (not many right now) and a desktop widget that I imagine looks very similar.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already follow "Xbox for Core", but it allowed me to click "Follow" again anyway. I downloaded the widget as well. It hasn't gained much of a following. :( I hope we're able to start the Revolution so we can unlock all these awards!

Same. I love collecting things in games and I really want these rewards.

I downloaded the widget(will install later), liked the page, and then spread the word on my Facebook account, Twitter account, and sent everyone on my Friends List a message with a link :D

EDIT: I also made a thread in the "Contests and Free Stuff" section on Cheapassgamer.com in order to drum up some more people.

Edited by Captain Urahara

I downloaded the widget not actually expecting there to be a mac version (I mean, them being Microsoft and all) and that I'd just delete it when I saw .exe

To my surprise, there was a Mac version.

Though I think it'd be much better suited to be a dashboard widget rather than an actual full application. I dislike having extraneous icons in my dock :p

I'm glad this wasn't old news, I thought for sure I just wasn't seeing it. Be sure to spread the link around as we're still on the very low end of the scale and I haven't seen a ton of buzz about this.

I download the widget yesterday but at 8mb for something I might look at twice and is packed full of who knows what other crap, I never installed it. You can go back to the splash page to check the meter there anyway.

I can't check it at work (which is where I'm online the most) so if there are updates or rewards are unlocked be sure to post here.

I'm very curious about the rewards as well. If I had to guess it'll probably be clothing or basic items, but for so little effort on our part it's still a nice bonus. It would be sweet if the last reward (if we get there) was one of the legendary weapons. One less for all of us to try and collect, but that's almost certainly expecting too much.

It's a cool tie-in though, nice to see them doing something simple/free that everyone can get in on.

Edited by DFizzle720

Im curious as to how this works. Whether we can take part here in Australia. Cos I followed that link and saw it, followed it on Facebook, got the widget, but then thought to check on the Aussie Xbox.com page, and there was no mention of it. Unless I missed something. And then how these will be distributed. Perhaps a code will be sent out to all that followed, or they will be default in the game. Can anyone clear this up??

Im curious as to how this works. Whether we can take part here in Australia. Cos I followed that link and saw it, followed it on Facebook, got the widget, but then thought to check on the Aussie Xbox.com page, and there was no mention of it. Unless I missed something. And then how these will be distributed. Perhaps a code will be sent out to all that followed, or they will be default in the game. Can anyone clear this up??

As far as how they will be unlocked, it'll most likely be like it was with Fable 2 and Fable 2 Web games. Once they are unlocked they are then connected to your gamertag and unlocked automatically in-game. Codes won't be necessary.

As far as the Australia Xbox.com page, it's not on there? But you can still enter through the link provided? Well then I assume if the rewards are unlocked that you will still get them, and you should for helping out :D

we better get these rewards...spread the word guys

I'm doing what I can. I put it on my Facebook, Twitter, Cheapassgamer, my entire Friends List on Xbox Live, and even a couple of them have spread it out a bit. Just think positive and we'll unlock everything :D

Cheapassgamer has been giving a very positive response to this. I think only like 2-3 people refused to do it and that was because they don't like Facebook. Truthfully I love the guys and gals over there.

Edited by Captain Urahara

EDIT: I also made a thread in the "Contests and Free Stuff" section on Cheapassgamer.com in order to drum up some more people.

Nice turnout over on Cheapassgamer (just went over to check the thread), good work posting over there. I noticed someone posted on the xbox.com forum as well. Hopefully we'll get into the first reward sometime in the next week or so to get an idea of what sort of "rewards" we're shooting for.

Keep spreading the word folks.

Okay just downloaded the widget and it's really nice all but now I doubt wether I should or shouldn't register on Facebook.

I know it's required for those rewards but if they suck I made a useless Facebook account since I'm only making it for these rewards.

What would you people do?

1) Make a Facebook account and wait for the rewards

2) Wait until you know what the rewards are and then register

3) Don't register

Okay just downloaded the widget and it's really nice all but now I doubt wether I should or shouldn't register on Facebook.

I know it's required for those rewards but if they suck I made a useless Facebook account since I'm only making it for these rewards.

What would you people do?

1) Make a Facebook account and wait for the rewards

2) Wait until you know what the rewards are and then register

3) Don't register

Truthfully I would make the account and sign up already, but I'm a huge Fable fan and I want those rewards! lol

If it makes you feel at ease, my Facebook account doesn't contain my name or picture. In fact it's an account I made about my favorite anime character just so my friends would shut up about me needing a Facebook page.

And I use my joke Facebook account to enter contests that require Facebook. One of those contests won me Shank on XBLA, and another won me 1600 MS points. So overall I'm happy I made the account :D

As far as how they will be unlocked, it'll most likely be like it was with Fable 2 and Fable 2 Web games. Once they are unlocked they are then connected to your gamertag and unlocked automatically in-game. Codes won't be necessary.

As far as the Australia Xbox.com page, it's not on there? But you can still enter through the link provided? Well then I assume if the rewards are unlocked that you will still get them, and you should for helping out :D

OK, thanks for the reply, guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. If not, then I helped you guys get the rewards, and that's just as good haha :p