Collectibles Farming Guide

You need a WIRED controller for this. The wireless will turn itself off thus pausing the game. I dont remember what happens if you use the charge cable but i think it turns itself off as well. TMG100 has posted that if you remove the battery from a wireless controller and use the plug & play cable the controller will not turn off. One other thing.. thanks to Quid Squid, turn OFF the xbox's automatic shutdown or after 6 hours it will shut itself off. And I would install the game to the hard drive to save the disc drive, etc. This is gonna be a long play for the disc drive to constantly spin...up to you though.

OK at the end of the DLC you will fight MINAC. Destroy all the guns on it. Now its time to hide out for a few hours. I will try to explain where to sit as best I can. When you first walk back into the Arid Badlands (as if the cut scene with INAC and MINAC didnt happen) you want to go to the left in the back corner behind some rocks and weapon crates. Face yourself so that you are looking towards the long way of the map or parallel with the road the bus was on. Or if you die or get run over you will respawn in a shack. As soon as come out it go right and then straight back into the corner. You will see a large rock. Crouch down behind it and sit there for however long you want. I sat there for like 8 hours and when I woke up it took me at about 30 minutes to pick up all the collectibles. I got the 3 collectible achieves I needed (already had the 3D glasses). The exploding claptraps cant get to you and you have to position yourself just right so that when the MINAC is stopped at the far corner you are facing you can barely see its big red eye. It will not hit you if you are crouched there just right. I took a picture of my screen to show you were I was. Hope this helps everyone out. Good Luck !

I been reading the posts in this column and have seen people talking about legit and glitched, etc. First of all I got the 5 3D glasses achievement BEFORE I did the Tannis mission to collect 150 claptrap parts. As for when the other collectible achieves popped... it was by doing this. Granted I had a few of them by playing through the DLC but this is how I finished them off. For me by far the bobbleheads were the least found and honestly one of the last things I saw on the board when i woke up and went to see how this worked was a bobblehead and the achievemnt popped. I got the bobblehead, oil cans , and the party achieve when i went arond picking everything up. As for everybody talking about glitched achieves... I had NO PROBLEM whatsoever with any of them. And I did not get all the collectibles in one sitting. I did for the 3D glasses though.

Remember.. the longer you let it sit, the more loot will be there when you return. I did it for about 8 hours using this method and about 2 hours of just killing claptraps when they spawned from MINAC. I have to almost guarantee that if you let this go for 12 or more hours... you will get EVERY collectible achieve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 7/20/2011

I have been reading ALL of the posts and there are a few concerns. Here are my responses:

1. If you follow MINAC and shoot the claptraps coming out of him right away. Yes you MIGHT get better drops. But it will also take ALOT of grinding time just doing that for hours on end. So choose your poison ! My way or grinding it out?

2. It doesnt matter what Playthrough you are on. Again...choose your poison.

3. Yes, there are a few other spots to just chill and wait. Like the shack in the far right corner upon entering the area. IT DOESNT MATTER ! As long as the MINAC claptaps cant get to you.. WHO CARES !

4. NO, you do not have to necessarily shoot out the turrets on the MINAC to do this. I think it just makes it better so that you do not have to worry about dying whats so ever while you go do somethig else for hours.

Bottome line... THIS WORKS ! If you read throughout the entire thread you will see that this is the best method without doing any work at all. Go to sleep. Go eat dinner. Go to work, school. Whatever. You have NOTHING to worry about doing it this way. 100% achievement score here you come !

There's a reason why this thread has almost 40,000 views and nearly 250 responses.... CAUSE IT WORKS ! GOOD LUCK and have a happy 100% !

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a461/chrishaney23/XBOX/SDC10018.jpg

Edited by NY Yankees 23 2
Mighta found another spot to chill

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5284&d=1285767969

That should help you ;)

I guess you have defeated the robot now, I wish I had thought of this on my play through. If anyone is about to ill giant claptrap please invite me, I need to farm also .

It's a good tip, but I wish there was a better way. Leaving my 360 on for that long when I'm not playing it just seems...excessive. Still, it seems worth it rather than going into the Hyperion Dump and killing the same two spots of clap traps over and over again and getting nothing. Divine Wind Claptraps have such poor drop rates, even if I sign in a guest account.

I'm gonna try this method since I'm so bored of farming for hours on end. I was running around in the first playthrough with my Level 61 and whenever MINAC would open the front door to let the claptraps through I'd fire endlessly. It seems that he spawns more than the usual 3-6 claptraps if you kill them within the time period that the front door is still open. The result is a giant mess of trophies underneath MINAC that you can collect when he moves on. It is definitely faster than the above-posted method, but I doubt anyone would want to keep this up for 3-4 hours.

I haven't tried myself, but a few of the above posters said it's possible, so I'll take their word for it. Signing in with a guest account would probably make this method faster, since more people equates to better drop rates, even though they're still pretty crappy. I might try farming MINAC with a friend. If we both sign in guests, we'll have four people to increase the drops.

The last boss isnt spawning for me again. Am I doing something wrong?

They weren't working for me until,

I fast travelled to T-Bone junction, let the game save, then quit back to title screen. Loaded up my save on PT2 on T-Bone, then travelled to (whatever this new shit place is called) went to wayward pass and there working for me.

EDIT: just looked aswell, the guy that created this post has all collection cheevies, so this is possibly the way to go!

Edited by tmg100

You have to get them all in one session? I've had no problem with the 3D glasses ones. The others I havn't simple collected enough

Couple of problems with that: One, some people have reported that they have collected all 5 pairs of glasses in a single session and it still hasn't unlocked. Two, other people played essentially all day yesterday and only collected a couple of pizzas, oil cans, and bobble-heads. Unless there's some trick that no one has discovered yet, given those kind of drop rates it seems functionally impossible to collect enough items in one session.

You have to get them all in one session? I've had no problem with the 3D glasses ones. The others I havn't simple collected enough

I've collected the required number of every item in one session and didn't get any achievement. I can confirm session doesn't matter.