Boss Guide (Fastest Methods)

SephVstheWorld

Hey guys, thought i would write a boss guide for Shank, equally effective for both normal and hard. This game is really amazing, and i enjoyed every second spent on it. You will find a very predictable pattern of attacks for every boss to follow, and then a context sensitive action that will eventually appear which, if pressed, will deal tremendous amounts of damage, saving the tedious efforts of using your shanks and such.

El Raton: At first make sure to dodge back, so you do not get hit straight away. Move beside him after this. Now, his attack pattern begins with a kick. Dodge behind, giving him 1 or 2 strikes with your shanks if you wish, though not necessary on hard due to its lack of damage. Next he will swing at you. Again, dodge, and repeat. Finally, he will flash yellow, initiating a charge attack. When he does this, automatically run towards him and dodge behind him. As he charges follow behind him (does not matter how close, as long as it is behind). He will then hit the wall and be stunned for a SHORT periond of time. You will then be prompted to initiate a context sensitive action by your Left Trigger (LT). If carried out correctly, you will damage him tremendously, and then be thrown forward. When you land, STAY WHERE YOU ARE as he moves torwards you, When he stops to initiate a ground pound, now is the time to dodge AWAY from him. This is how the boss fight continues for the duration, so rinse and repeat the above, and you should expect no suprises.

The Butcher: At the start, wait until your screen expands, as to see when is the right time to dodge THROUGH him. After this, begin shooting up at hanging meat carcasses, making sure you are BEHIND the last of the 2, never between. Once these have dropped to a certain point (stops automatically), start shooting Butcher. and if done correctly, he should swing a chain at you, but it will latch on to the meat carcass, beginning a context sensitive section initialised by the Left trigger, move to him quickly, and once begun, spam the X button, dealing tremendous damage yet again, until thrown forward. He will then charge at you. Make sure to dodge through him again, and then rinse and repeat the above. If he progresses beyond the last meat carcass, dodge through him and place yourself behind the meat carcass on the otherside and spam your handguns. Repeat this until he is dead.

Cassandra: Now i know she has more of a move set then the one i will provide, but if you do exactly as i say, that wont be necessary. First off, she will jump in the air and lunge towards you with her katana. Dodge towards her and turn around. next, she will slide kick. Again, dodge through her. Finally, she will initiate a powerful strike. You will know this because a context sensitive button (LT) will appear above her head. When this happens, do not dodge, instead, as she lunges, press the Left Trigger, initiating a powerful attack that deals great damage (be wary, because, though you have a 1 or 2 second window frame, the delay can be slightly off putting). After this, remain where you are, leaving enough space for her to initiate her first phase of attack (the jump and strike). Rinse and repeat.

Priest: This guy requires a bit more patience to perfect, but should be easy enough. Now take a good look at the arena. If you look around, you will see that there is fire burning on both ends of the arena. Now look down before the fire on the left to see wooden floor boards, memorize this distance as to use for the opposite side. This is where my method comes into play. Too begin, head towards the fire, stopping where the wooden floor begins, and turn around to face priest, making sure to hold the (LT) to block. Now, He will initiate his move set by either shooting at you, or running towards you. If its the first, just know that even though you do not get hurt, it does have alot of knockback, hence why the floor boards are important, as they provide you with the right distance so that you do not get hurt by the fire, but to also initiate the latter. If he does do the latter, at the peak of his run, the screen will slow down, in which he will begin a slide attack, and also providing you with the time in which to dodge forward. After you dodge him, he should be sliding directly towards the fire, but will quickly flip and dodge. As he does this quckly turn around to face him directly out of your dodge, and, with your chainsaw equipped, press Y, and the your shanks straight after, knocking him back into the fire, making sure to not button mash as you may get carried away and you yourself will end up in the fire aswell. If done correctly, you will be given the opportunity to begin a context sensitive action (again, the Left Trigger), if done, you will initiate a cool gun combo, dealing great damage. Once you have this, turn around and run to the other side of the arena. He should initiate his attacks again once more by shooting at you. Just rinse and repeat the above and you should be fine (Note: Occasionally, as you dodge, he will flip backwards and may hit you, so make sure you time your dodges through him). This guy takes more time then the others to perfect, but not too much harder.

Cesar: For this guy, i have not yet myself, found the BEST possible way to beat him WITHOUT taking damage that does not require absolute perfect timing and/or luck. Hence this is why i will be updating my boss guide when i feel i can produce the best possible way that is both fast and effective. There is always the jump, shoot, and when you land, dodge forward, rinse and repeat method, but it is long, tedious, and only for those who just want a way to beat him, no matter how long. Also, as you do this method, once you begin the second phase, instead, if he is close enough, he will flip kick you out of the air. Just note that this does not actually hurt you, so shoot away if you prefer.

So yeah, hope that helps, and i will be getting on Cesar ASAP for you guys, and i will be doing a mini-boss guide (APV, etc.) soon. All feedback, positive and otherwise will be accepted so as to better help me provide you with the best qaulity guides i can.

Good luck and have fun with this great game.

Edited by SephVstheWorld

Yeah, i am mate. Butcher in co-op is a long fight, no matter who your playing with. I'll quickly add this. Butcher will attack as per normal, but your best bet is to just dodge and shoot, keeping at a distance. when you see him run to a corner and stop, this is when he will start throwing barrels. This is your time to start spamming the handguns at the barrels in his hands. The first few he will get away, but if you both are shooting, this shouldn't be a problem as long as you are keeping a decent distance from him (about one third to half the screens distance, far enough to shoot in safety, but also close enough to get to him in time). On the 3rd barrel, it should explode above his head, stunning him momentarily (be fast, as it does not last long, hence the safety distance). This is your opportunity to give him some damage. Straight after the barrel explodes, head over to him (both of you), and initiate the context sensitive action (RT) to grab him, and the second player should come in directly as you are doing this (ready to continue directly after, so just have him/her spamming the Right Trigger as the first player is grabbing the stunned Butcher), pressing the same button to initiate a double team (note that you must BOTH do this in succession, as the first player does no damage). Repeat this process, focusing on dodging rather then attacking, and most of all, working as a team, staying as close to each other as you can. Hope this helps.

Hey man, thanks for the above, but this method is actually harder then the jump and shoot, and also, i want people to be able to beat him fast, with no damage, and as simply as possible. But thanks for the input man :)

No worries, I used this method on hard, and found it pretty easy it's not that fast but it works. If you've got a capture card would be awesome to put some video's to your guide :). Apart from that very helpful :)