Spooky Sheriff

Brother Cloud

I did the ghost pirate picto mission. Made him, zapped a ghost at him, then i went to the far left corner at sids haunted mansion to get the treasure. Only to go back to the ghost pirate and him tell me to find the treasure. The skull and cross bones appeared, went there, but it wouldn't do anything. So i think i fucked it. It comes up on the mission page and when i press x for compass nothing happens. So there you go, glitched star, unless someone knows how to sort it out.

I did the ghost pirate picto mission. Made him, zapped a ghost at him, then i went to the far left corner at sids haunted mansion to get the treasure. Only to go back to the ghost pirate and him tell me to find the treasure. The skull and cross bones appeared, went there, but it wouldn't do anything. So i think i fucked it. It comes up on the mission page and when i press x for compass nothing happens. So there you go, glitched star, unless someone knows how to sort it out.

just curious, do you remember if you talked to him BEFORE getting the treasure or did you just go straight for the treasure? If you went straight for the treasure then thats the problem.

you might not be totally out of luck. the way these "sheriff" stars work is that you need to complete a certain number of missions from that area's mission tree. All well and good except for the fact that the game doesnt tell you what all those missions are other than those that come directly from that level's NPC. So basically each sub area has say 5 or 6 missions and you only need to complete 4 or 5 of them. You don't have to do them all. I think you can miss one per tree because different people have gotten the star after completing different missions. It all depends on the order you approached the game in.

So, complete the rest of Rex's missions (if there are any left), complete the mission "photo of abominable snowman" and complete the mission for building the scarecrow. If that works post back because it will help others who have missed the ghost pirate.

Of course, you will never be able to complete the ghost pirate mission so it will always be "active" but just don't worry about it. It won't affect anything else.