Mini-Game's Breakdown + Techniques + General Help (Inc. Achievements)

Agent Aero

This is a thread containing information about all 16 mini-games on Encleverment Experiment. This was created to cut down on some of the 'I Need Help' threads as well as threads being created which are asking about general game information, (Including Achievements). This guide will detail the following things:

• What each Mini-Game is and how you play it.
  • Which part of your brain you will use. (Memory, Mathematics, Pattern Recognition or Reactions.
  • Techniques and Miniature Guides on how to win each mini-game.
  • How the games get significantly harder as you go through the difficulties. (Easy, Medium, Hard, Enclevered)

Bone-A Findy

Brain Parts Used: Mathematics

What Is It?

In this game a dog named Mr. Scruffypants has lost his bone and you need to help him find it. You are shown a map with different landmarks(Rockets, pitchforks, Kennels etc) on it and you are given three instructions as to where the bone is. The instructions are along the lines of 3 steps North, turn anti-clockwise etc. There will be three locations on the map where it shows one of the Xbox controllers buttons, in one of these locations is the hidden bone and after following the directions you need to pick one location.

Techniques For Playing It

This is one of the easier games so it's a little hard for me to give you any tips as you do not really need them. Although sometimes the game will give you an instruction to go either North, South, East or West and North isn't always up, the directions will always change as to which way the dog is facing. So bear that in mind.

Changes In Difficulty

As the difficulty rises the game will get harder by giving you harder directions which you will need to take longer to think about and also clouds will pan across the map, impairing your vision in a hope to put you off.

Cognitive Therapy

What Is It?

You are shown a series a cogs which are all working together, however there is a space in between two cogs and you must pick another one, from the four shown to you, to fill the gap and get the machine working again.

Take note of the different slot sizes of the cogs, some of the cogs will have really thin pieces surrounding it, whereas others will have a small amount where the pieces are a lot bigger. The speed of the cogs also matters, so make sure you can guess the speed of the broken cogs so that you can choose the correct cog based on it's shape AND speed.

Changes In Difficulty

As the difficulty rises you will notice that cogs will start to look more and more similar and it will be harder to differentiate between the possible answers.

Copy Cat

Brain Parts Used: Reactions, Memory

What Is It?

You are shown a shadow of a cat in which it's eyes are changing colour, matching the buttons on your controller, showing you a sequence. When the sequence is finished you must then repeat that pattern.

I would go for the cheap method here as I found the game pretty hard. The cheap method being after each eye colour change write it down on a piece of paper. You are able to pause the game so there's no fear of missing the next colour in the sequence.

Changes In Difficulty

As the difficulty rises the sequences will become longer and will also start to get quicker.

Griddled

Brain Parts Used: Memory, Pattern Recognition

What Is It?

You are shown a generic wordsearch grid and you are also given four words, (Assigned to each cooured button on the controller). However, only of the words is hidden in the grid and you must choose the correct one.

The words you are given usually have something ''Unusual'' about them or something that will give them away easily, such as double letters or letters that are very uncommon (Y, X, Z, Q etc). Look for these types of letters first as it will usually give the whole word away.

Changes In Difficulty

As the difficulty rises the words will become more obscure and usually shorter, making them harder to find.

Herd Today, Gone Tomorrow

Brain Parts Used: Reactions

What Is It?

You are shown a grid with different colour squares on, with a laser beam going around the screen. When the laser beam stops you must quickly hit whatever colour square it stops on, before the homing beacon hits the coloured square.

The laser often likes to make false stops and tries to trick you into hitting the wrong coloured square. To negate this just wait until the laser beam fully stops and blue homing beacon will emerge from each corner of the screen, when you this is when you should hit the button.

Changes In Difficulty

As the difficulty rises there will be more squares on the grid and the laser will also make more false stops, move faster and the homing beacon will target faster, meaning you have to hit the button quicker.

Lab-O-Rinth

Brain Parts Used: Pattern Recognition

What Is It?

There is a maze with a piece of cheese in the middle and there is only one exit, out of a possible four. You must choose the correct exit so the lab rat can reach the cheese.

I found that starting from the cheese and working your way backwards towards each possible exit is easier. You can only go one way and it is almost always plain and easy to see.

Changes In Difficulty

As the difficulty rises the maze will become bigger and will also start rotating. Just follow the technique mentioned above and you shouldn't have any trouble.

Mathletics

What Is It?

This is just basic arithmetic where your mascot is running on a track and you must correctly answer the questions to give him a speed boost and beat your opponent.

This can be quite difficult for some so once the math questions appears, read it and pause the game. This gives you some time to work it out and once you have the answer just resume the game and choose the right answer. It may also benefit to have a calculator handy for the harder questions.

Changes In Difficulty

On the harder difficulties the questions will become much harder and you will be asked stuff similar to 56 x 79. These are very difficult to work out in your head so just follow the technique mentioned above.

Edited by Agent Aero

Oddest One Out

What Is It?

You are shown 16 different tiles and each one may have a different colour/picture. The tiles are grouped into groups of four and to win you must choose which tile is the odd one out. It can different from all the rest based on the tile colour, or the picture may be upside down or facing the wrong way.

This is quite simple so it's quite difficult to give you a technique. However, when all the tiles have come up, try not to look at them individually, take a step back and look at your TV screen as a whole, this makes it easier to spot the odd one out.

Changes In Difficulty

There will be more tiles making the odd one out harder to find as the difficulty rises.

One Small Step

What Is It?

This is a basic pattern game and you are shown a sequence of four, you must then choose what the fifth part of the sequence is. The sequence can depend of which colour the tiles are, what pictures it has, the locations of the pictures or even the category of the pictures.

This is quite simple so it's quite difficult to give you a technique. However, when all the tiles have come up, try not to look at them individually, take a step back and look at your TV screen as a whole, this makes it easier to spot the next in the sequence.

Changes In Difficulty

As the difficult rises the sequence will become more obscure and you will need to notice the smaller details of the different tiles.

Partial Recall

Brain Parts Used: Memory

What Is It?

The Professor will walk in front of an x-ray machine and inside his head you will see different objects and also different colours. You will then be asked questions on which objects were in his head or sometimes which objects were NOT in his head. So read the question carefully.

I found this quite difficult as my memory is quite bad so I found it useful to grab a pen and paper and jot down which items were in his head and which colour they were. You can pause the game to make writing them down a little easier. When you are asked the questions just look at your notes and you shouldn't have a problem.

Changes In Difficulty

As you play on higher difficulties there will be more objects in his head.

Pie-Eyed

What Is It?

This is about addition and subtraction with fractions, with the fractions being represented as pies or slices of pie.

This is quite straightforward, just look at each question logically and try visualise it on the screen. This game is a piece of cake...or should I say pie?

Changes In Difficulty

In the higher difficulties the questions will generally become harder and the pieces of pie will look more and more similar.

Semi-Vinyls

Brain Parts Used: Reactions, Pattern Recognition

What Is It?

This games shows you four broken vinyl records and only one of them will fit back together, you job is to find which one it is.

This game is very dependant on your own visualisation and pattern recognition. Making it impossible for me to give you any help.

Changes In Difficulty

As the difficulty gets harder the vinyls will become ''more broken'', making them harder to fit together. They will also start rotating making them harder to visualise.

Shelf Awareness

Brain Parts Used: Reactions, Memory

What Is It?

You will be shown four shelves, each linked to a colourd button on your controller. There will then be a number of jars, with items in, placed on each shelf. Once all the jars have been place you are then shown and item and you must locate it as quickly as you can.

Try not to look at the items individually, take a step back and look at all the items on all of the shelves, this will make the one you're looking for harder to spot.

Changes In Difficulty

As the difficulty rises there will be more items on each shelf and eventually the items will fade and the appear again, making it much harder for you to find a certain item.

Stepping Tones

Brain Parts Used: Memory

What Is It?

The proffessor is walking down a dark hallway with a torch, each time the torch turns on it will show a different colour, matched with the ones on your controller and it will also play a sound. You must remember what sounds came in what order and also what colour light they are linked to.

After each sound is played I would suggest pausing the game, writing it down on some paper, as well as the colour light is was played on. You can pause the game to make this a little easier.

Changes In Difficulty

The standard order is Green, Red, Blue and Yellow. As the difficulty goes up this order will change and the questions will start to change, so make sure you read them carefully.

Teleporter Troubles

What Is It?

You are shown an image of a person you has gone missing in a teleporter and you must remember what they look like and then pick them out correctly from a total of three other people.

Try to remember some of their key features. These include nose shape, hair colour and style and also the colour shirt they are wearing. It may also be useful to note what colour eye make-up the females are wearing.

Changes In Difficulty

As you get further on the features will become more generic you will need to start remembering smaller details of the person who went missing in the teleporter.

Edited by Agent Aero

Welcome to the Jumble

What Is It?

You are shown a standard word and you are also shown four different jumbles of letters, one of jumbled up letter bunches will be the actual word you need to find.

It is always best to take a little longer and get the question right, rather than rushing it and getting the question wrong. If you think you know what the answer is take a few more seconds to just double check it.

Changes In Difficulty

As the difficulty rises the words will become longer and the possible answers will become more and more alike. But just follow the techniques in the above step and you shouldn't have a problem.

So that's it, a little rundown of Enclverment Experiment. Please post any feedback or if you found this useful , also post if you have anything else that you think I could add to this mini-guide. Also, remember not to create a new thread for everything, just post in this thread and i'll do my best to help you with anything

If you are looking for people to boost achievements then DO NOT post here, post in the achievement trading thread.

Edited by Agent Aero

• 1 year later...

Nice overview :) I'll go ahead and add my own tips to some of the minigames, most of them were pretty well covered by you.

Cognitive Therapy: Also helpful if you keep in mind that the cog you're supposed to place is moving in the opposite direction of the closest one. For example, if the closest cog rotates clockwise, then the cog you're supposed to place is rotating counter-clockwise.

Copy Cat: I recommend pressing the corresponding buttons as the colors appear, to utilise short term memory. For example: Green, click A. Green, blue, constantly press A then X. Green, blue, red, constantly press A, X, then B, and so on. It's a good technique if you're struggling to remember the sequence.

Oddest One Out: Also keep in mind that there are only two correct background colors. The way I do it, is actually going over the tiles one by one. First thing I look for is if any of the tiles are rotated. If none are, I quickly look at the background colors, and choose the one that stands out.

Stepping Tones: This can be a bit confusing at first, at least it was to me. I thought the objects were important to memorize, but they are not! Ignore the object the flashlight is pointed at, it has absolutely no relevance to the task. Only the colors and sounds are important. I use a technique that is similar to Copy Cat. When the colors and sounds I memorize them like this: "Green, lion. Red, meow. Blue, crash". And I only memorize these, because I know that the fourth color and sound definitely isn't one of those I've already memorized, so once I hear a sound I haven't memorized, I immediately know which color or order (4th) it was in.

Teleporter Troubles: Make mental notes of distinctive features of the head. An often useful feature I memorize is how the ear look (not the shape, but how "inner area" looks. It may look like a slightly skewed Y, a g, etc.)

Btw, I'm having a really hard time with Pie-Eyed. That's the worst minigame for me in this game. I found it funny that you had no problems with it, but considered Copy Cat as pretty hard as it's the exact opposite for me! But then again, I've always been pretty decent at Simon Says, and horrible at visualization, hehe.

Edited by keung