Super easy method for ding ding! Achievement!!!

OtakuSlave

So my friend and I have been trying to boost to level 50 for the past couple of days and it has been a very long, tedious, and boring process to do in player-match settings. Rank match settings have been a complete waste of time when it comes to obtaining this achievement.

However their is a method that we both figured out that can help make the process a hell of allot easier to accomplish, and you don't even need to be at your xbox 360 to complete it.

WARNING!!!

This method is still very time consuming, however you won't have to sit there in front of your xbox 360 bored to tears while your boosting matches.

You will have to leave your xbox 360 on for a good amount of time to boost your rank to level 50. (Possible a couple of days depending on the rank level of you and your boosting partner)

I strongly suggest you communicate with your boosting partner and both you and your partner decide how much time you will invest per boosting session.

If both you and your boosting partner are lvl 1 rank, this method will take a couple of days complete. (This includes leaving your xbox 360 on overnight)

WHAT YOU WILL NEED!!!

1. A Turbo controller (possible and fight-stick or fight-pad).

2. A rubber band or any kind of weight that will hold down the turbo button.

3. A boosting partner with allot of free time.

THE METHOD!!!

1st - you will need to do this in player-match settings, Doing this in rank is virtually impossible and giving how bad the net-code is and how much the match making sucks, this method will be allot easier and faster then trying to play rank legit when going for this achievement.

2nd - you and your partner will need to decide who will be going for the achievement 1st. This method can only boost 1 person at a time to lvl 50.

3rd - Create a room with these match settings.

Room Slots - two slots (1 of them make private)

Timer - 30 seconds

Rounds - Single

*All Other Settings Can Remain As Default*

4th - Decide between you and your partner who will be player 2, This is important because the person who is player 2 will be the one who is boosting for the Achievement 1st.

5th - Make sure your button configuration is set to default, then turn on the turbo function on your controller and set it to the "A" button (Drive Attack)

6th - Attach the rubber-band, tape, weight, Giant Toaster or whatever you want to use that will make sure the "A" button is held down.

RESULTS!!!

What will happen is both players will ready up in the lobby automatically. Then during the character selection Screen (Player 1) will automatically select Ragna, while (Player 2) Will automatically select Jin. Then at the beginning of the match Jin's Drive attack (5D) (Gigantic Ice wolf head) that is mapped to the "A" button will go off 1st before Ragna Drive attack (5D) ( Neutral Soul Eater)

Ragna will then be launched to the other side of the screen and will not be able to hit Jin at all. Resulting in a lose for Ragna and perfect match win for Jin when the timer runs out.

At the end of the match, The Turbo "A" button will automatically select no replay save and bring you back to the main lobby where the process will repeat itself while you go play something else. :woop:

*Thanks Go Out To God of Noodles for figuring out this method with me and for the boosting*

Edited by OtakuSlave

Interesting method but I doubt I'd use it... Ranked matchmaking is seriously pissing me off though.. waited 5 minutes for a match. Even went to the toilet and came back, no match.

Oh wow is ranked matching really that bad? I remember in Calamity trigger, i would get a match right away, and I still do even though the online is almost dead.

Or you can get better and get it legit

^Agree^

Just get better, this method is just lame and technically defeats the purpose of the D-Card.

That said, I think the problem with Ranked is the fact that it's technically like Quick Match settings, I don't know why but EVERY game I've ver played with Quick Match options, Quick Match is NEVER FAST, it almost laways boots you or takes forever, mutch faster to search custom matches. But since that's not available in BB CS Player matches is where it's at.

Frankly speaking I think the reason Ranked got screwed this time around is that Aksys did not want people boostin gthe cards on ranked and screwing it up so they took away the ability to search for people and the ability to back out.

Yeah that is a pretty long, boring and useless method. Playing the online is not bad... with the exception of all those damn Japan players who sit there and spam Tager, Hauk-men, or Makoto combos that can't be blocked. Just fight people with beginner Ragna if anything it is pretty dang easy to rank up.

Yeah that is a pretty long, boring and useless method. Playing the online is not bad... with the exception of all those damn Japan players who sit there and spam Tager, Hauk-men, or Makoto combos that can't be blocked. Just fight people with beginner Ragna if anything it is pretty dang easy to rank up.
Unblockable combo?There is no such thing my good sir.The only unblokable attack i can see on those 3 is hakumen fully-charged special at close range.

I seem to have the most trouble against Ragna online. I always find myself in the midst of being demolished by some 17+ hit juggling combo, LOL.

Unblockable combo?There is no such thing my good sir.The only unblokable attack i can see on those 3 is hakumen fully-charged special at close range.

Just to nitpick. Tsubaki has an unblockable I just learned. It takes a fully charged 22D that can only be set up with the the block string of ther projectile attack. Yea. It's pretty situational.

I seem to have the most trouble against Ragna online. I always find myself in the midst of being demolished by some 17+ hit juggling combo, LOL.

Argh triple post - sorry - should've checked first.

I play Ragna and that is pretty average. Don't sweat it. Unless we catch you with a fatal or crouching it's not that bad unless we burn heat.

But if we catch a fatal then shit hurts real fast.

Argh triple post - sorry - should've checked first.

I play Ragna and that is pretty average. Don't sweat it. Unless we catch you with a fatal or crouching it's not that bad unless we burn heat.

But if we catch a fatal then shit hurts real fast.

I played whit a super jesus super sayan ragna yesterday and he wiped the floor whit my face it was not funny( i main ragna :( ) He did a crazy double belial edge combo, that was crazy i tell you O.O

@unblockable, yes if you get hit by those you deserve them XD

I think Hazama players are more annoying than Ragnas. Every Hazama player I've played spams the exact same combo over and over again (the one from challenge mode) and it never even does any damage.

For some reason I find my playing ability go down 300 levels when I play ranked matches compared to player... I don't know if it's just because I'm pressured or because I just suck. I can easily pull off 20 hit combos in player but in ranked i'm just all over the place getting lucky to get a 5 hit combo in. The opponent isn't even good, they keep their distance from me = instant lose for them, but still I barely have any health left at the end ._.

This method seems like a viable, if time-consuming, way to rank up. I personally get a little tired of people my rank spamming cheap moves, like that one Hazama combo that everyone does no matter what and the only one everyone does no matter what. It's especially bad because they suck just as much as I do, but their suck is the kind that's a cheap win and mine is the kind that's crappy luck. Yeah, there are ways to defeat any spam maneuver or cheese fighting, but 35 seconds is a little short to come up with one, and you can't program the AI to constantly spam 4D until you find a way to get past it.

This method seems like a viable, if time-consuming, way to rank up. I personally get a little tired of people my rank spamming cheap moves, like that one Hazama combo that everyone does no matter what and the only one everyone does no matter what. It's especially bad because they suck just as much as I do, but their suck is the kind that's a cheap win and mine is the kind that's crappy luck. Yeah, there are ways to defeat any spam maneuver or cheese fighting, but 35 seconds is a little short to come up with one, and you can't program the AI to constantly spam 4D until you find a way to get past it.

I ask you this: if it wins, why should they stop?

Also I believe you can record certain actions in the training room so you can figure out how to get around them.

Oh wow is ranked matching really that bad? I remember in Calamity trigger, i would get a match right away, and I still do even though the online is almost dead.

My friend had similar issues so we've mainly just been doing Player Matches to boost each other up on CS and to get some practice on the character we like to use most. On CT, it is almost dead but that does make it easier for him and I in ranked on CT to get our level achieves plus 100/200 Trials.

• 5 months later...

I want to do this legitimately, but RANKED IS SO SLOW. I know I'm good enough to do it, but if you can't even get one person in 30 minutes, what's the point. It also makes every match TOO DARN IMPORTANT, resulting in rage when you lose. I'm in lvl. 31 now, but I doubt I wil lget much furher uinless I boost. If I can find a partner, I'm so using this method.

Now that they patched the game so that you automatically highlight the last character you played, you can use µ-12, mashing D, on Carl, mashing the A button, which takes about 13 seconds. you can also use Taokaka instead of Carl. Ragna and lambda should work as well.

Edited by Doopliss SWE

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...