100 Souls in less than 1 hour

I went from around 40 souls to 100 in around 30 mins max, after hearing all the ZOMG!!1 this achievement takes forever i was rather worried so i left it and played the game as normal until the last level.

I played the last level (Malestrom) upto where you controll Jack, carry on with the level until you reach the part with the cannon, forcing you to move boxes in its path to get around it.

Once you have left that room and enterd a new room there shud be around 2 of Davy Jones's men and 2 Navy guards (The room with the 2nd dice infront of you) now heres what i did.

I killed the Davy men and left the only Navy guard that you can only kill with a finisher alive (Check which one this is by using A,X,A combo on them and the one that dosnt die is the lets say 'Boss')

The Davy men will constantly respawn one from the wall oposite were you came in and one just to the right of him infront of the cannon, they respawn as soon as you have killed one so theres no waiting about.

What you then want to do is use the A,X,A combo on the Davy men until you have the bar turn a fraction red, use the A,X,A combo once more then finish the next guy off with A,A,A,A (Hold down LT) and keep spaming A until Jack uses his finisher, with any luck you shud recieve a head.

(This took me about 5 mins before i actually got a head so just keep with it)

Once i had one head i got another soon after and so to activate the jackanism? sword i ran into the previous cannon room as none of the enemies followed me into that room, activated the sword ran in and got around 6 kills each time. Make sure you have 2 heads before you activate it as it lasts longer and with the benefit of them spawning so fast and close its easy to rack up the kills.

One thing did happen to me that may have shortend the time but somehow the Navy 'Boss' fell down the stairs enabling me to kill with ease without worring about killing of the spawner?

EDIT: Just had a thought that if you can get the 'Boss' to the edge of the stairs it may be possible to grab him and launch him down the stairs, either that or spam A until he falls

I hope this helps and stops people being put off this game due to all the ZOMG!!!!1 comments

Edited by Frankyg88
Thought of a way around the 'Boss'

Also a side note.. I found what might be an easier way to get the "Boss" Downstairs. If you kill the two regular navy men slowly drag the boss toward the stairs, Step down them and back up allowing him to move toward you thus getting him closer to the stairs. The way I knocked him down was the A,A,X,A combo. Thank you for this achievement help, was very easy to collect as many as you need on this level alone.

I must say I'm having horrible luck with this strategy....I threw the boss downstairs and have been fighting the respawning enemies for 15 minutes so far and they haven't dropped a single Shrunken Head yet....

The room is littered with health pick-ups yet they keep on dropping more health pick-ups or money bags.

Is there a specific way to make them drop the heads or something? Cause i'm seriously losing hope. Is it better to use the finish move as soon as the bright red color shows up or is it better to wait until it's full? When doing the finish move is it better to press the button that has a circle around it? Or does it not matter?

Edit: I think this level glitched on me or something...After 45 minutes of not a single Head i gave up. I tried the Isla Cruces method and I was getting Heads like crazy! I seriously made 50 souls in only 15 minutes there. I guess Maelstrom level doesn't like me. Oh well. I'm just glad I've finally got this stupid 100 souls achievement.

Edited by Nero Mystyraa

I think if you try and "Replay Level" it doesn't allow you to get the heads or something or perhaps if you've opened the Jackanism chest for this level or something because I have the same problem. I said meh i'll go back and do it but turns out once I completed the game I wasn't able to collect the heads either. :(

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I must say I'm having horrible luck with this strategy....I threw the boss downstairs and have been fighting the respawning enemies for 15 minutes so far and they haven't dropped a single Shrunken Head yet....

The room is littered with health pick-ups yet they keep on dropping more health pick-ups or money bags.

Is there a specific way to make them drop the heads or something? Cause i'm seriously losing hope. Is it better to use the finish move as soon as the bright red color shows up or is it better to wait until it's full? When doing the finish move is it better to press the button that has a circle around it? Or does it not matter?

Edit: I think this level glitched on me or something...After 45 minutes of not a single Head i gave up. I tried the Isla Cruces method and I was getting Heads like crazy! I seriously made 50 souls in only 15 minutes there. I guess Maelstrom level doesn't like me. Oh well. I'm just glad I've finally got this stupid 100 souls achievement.

I also did the isla cruces level for the souls and did it alot faster than i expected and made this game a hell of alot easier to 1000

• 2 weeks later...

I found out that Isla Cruces is best level for collecting souls.. I put Will in to the cage and that big crab came outside of it. And then at the beach was only Jack and Elizabeth to take care of.. then collecting souls was easy, but time consuming.

• 4 months later...

I used this method to get from around 60 to 100, i found that when i knocked the "boss" down the stairs he still got hit from the blast and died, stopping the spawn. So what i did instead was push him back into the previous room and trap him behind the crate that you can move, worked perfectly.

Cheers OP you saved me a lot of time redoing the levels.

Matt

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This method worked great for me. I stood in the corner by the stairs and countered the "mini boss" attacks until he was right next to the staircase, then attempted to grab him. This caused him to drop down. Then started killing the crewmen with finishers. I noticed after there were about 30 hearts on the floor that every single finisher kill started dropping skulls! The first 20 kills took about 20 minutes, and the last 30 or so took only 10 minutes. Just make sure you run back to the other room to activate Jackinism, or you risk killing the mini boss. You should be able to get 6-7 kills per 2 skulls.

• 1 month later...